I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think that is totally fair.

Surprisingly, no mention of their great "depth".  :rolleyes:

And for those who hate on PFF..........they had the Bills as having had the 9th best WR group last year.

They haven't quietly gotten better...........they've rather loudly gotten suspect in the eyes of outside observers.

This is the point that the rational have tried to make............this WR group looks weak as f#ck.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Sh!t runs downhill.   You should know that living in a flood plain and being an Orioles fan.

Blame the rank source material provided by the OP @JerseyBills.

Woahh. All i did was express my opinion.  

This will be the most well rounded , dangerous and balanced O in Allens career

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I’m not sure about what you guys are squabbling over but I agree that this is the most well rounded O in Allen’s career. Imagine if we could post a top 5 D as well.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I appreciate your opinion, he's just  guy that likes to take shots at people apprently

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I appreciate your opinion, he's just  guy that likes to take shots at people apprently

Absolutely.  I respect any opinion whether it's different or the same,  I might clap back tell you why I disagree but 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-receiving-corps-rankings-bears-texans

27. BUFFALO BILLS

The Bills' losses of Stefon Diggs and Gabe Davis (much more Diggs than Davis) make it difficult to place them any higher on this list. Keon Coleman, Khalil Shakir and Curtis Samuel could be a nice trio in the long-term, but that's outside of our scope here. 

Buffalo's tight end room does give the receiving corps a boost, headlined by Dalton Kincaid and Dawson Knox. Running back James Cook didn’t grade well as a receiver last season (54.3 grade), but he does have good ability in that area. 

We definitely have alot of unknowns but I still heavily prefer that over the "knowns" last year, when our borderline WR2 went down it was Diggs,Kincaid, Shakir. Everyone else shouldn't have been on the field for a divisional playoff game. 

We have the team that beat us top WR in that game as our WR4/5

That's a W imo. Let's see the rankings in 6 months 

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

you really should come back to the SB for help

Between all the political talk, golf talk, and baseball talk, I’m good. Besides, @Augie is assessing all my problems perfectly fine here. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m not sure about what you guys are squabbling over but I agree that this is the most well rounded O in Allen’s career. Imagine if we could post a top 5 D as well.

I think a lot of it is because the OP specifically mentions WRs.  And for most of us, it is a huge stretch to love this WR group or think it got better.

Secondly, we finally have an excellent TE group - probably the best the Bills have ever had, and J Cook is improving rapidly and that is after a pretty good season, along with Shakir improving.   All this offense needed to be among the top, was a top tier WR.   Apparently that is not going to happen.

And if the FO knew that a top tier WR wasn't in the cards then double dipping in the deep WR draft would seem to have been the way to go.  That would have been an exciting rebuild with a bright offensive future.

So a lot of people are upset, not so much about what we have, but for what could have been.

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

Between all the political talk, golf talk, and baseball talk, I’m good. Besides, @Augie is assessing all my problems perfectly fine here. 

Not exactly like there is much football to talk about these days. Its wash rinse repeat

8 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think a lot of it is because the OP specifically mentions WRs.  And for most of us, it is a huge stretch to love this WR group or think it got better.

Secondly, we finally have an excellent TE group - probably the best the Bills have ever had, and J Cook is improving rapidly and that is after a pretty good season, along with Shakir improving.   All this offense needed to be among the top, was a top tier WR.   Apparently that is not going to happen.

And if the FO knew that a top tier WR wasn't in the cards then double dipping in the deep WR draft would seem to have been the way to go.  That would have been an exciting rebuild with a bright offensive future.

So a lot of people are upset, not so much about what we have, but for what could have been.

One thing that I find amusing about this whole situation is that Buffalo does not have an elite WR on our roster, (like you eluded to earlier in your post). We do have 5-6 players however that are good situational players. Instead of Allen mindlessly throwing the ball to Diggs, we get to see Allen the tactician which should be fun to watch.

I will admit that I did not like the Coleman pick but I will also sheepishly admit that I’ve been dead wrong on players before as well. By all accounts Coleman is impressing many folks by the way he studies and his solid work ethic. Would it surprise you if Samuel, Shakir or Coleman had a big year?

As far as double dipping goes, I wouldn’t have minded it, but Beane arguably had his best Draft outside of the 2018 Draft where he took Josh Allen. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. He traded down and got rid of a tremendous cancer to this team while socking away multiple high draft picks for the future of our team.

For once we don’t have rely on the arm of Josh Allen to win football games.

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes,  you are wrong.  

And yet, for some reason you keep your wrong numbers in the post even though you know it.

And you were compelled to jump into the argument because @Eastport bills made it sound legit with his conviction and refusal to admit that his stats/facts were false.

But the footnote at the bottom is more acknowledgement than @Eastport bills gave for all his bullsh!t,  fabricated stats so I guess you get a participation trophy.

There is no place for intentional lying about stats in sport discussion.

Even the lowest forms of professional sports talk.........ESPN afternoon TV shows and talk radio.........DO NOT CREATE FALSE STATS to make their arguments.

Save that vile sh!t for the political board. 

I kept my original wrong #'s in the post to show my ownership in being wrong without erasing the original, and so you could see I was drawing #'s from the wrong season ('22). Wow, was that really hard to pick up on? I was compelled to look up rush percentages in the ACC due to the discussion being had overall... but not really because of any one poster. I think Oldman was another one saying they were run-heavy in '23 for example.

I certainly didn't need your additional gee wiz explanations such as what a run-heavy team looks like (my goodness) but I can see how my wrong season #'s made it irresistible so, my bad. Also not sure why the rest of your reply about Eastport bills and intentional lying is on a reply to me, but 🤷‍♂️. That's between you guys  ...  and hey that's just you being you on TBD, I know and expect that. You often make accurate points on here and you understand ball at a pretty good level, so I try to ignore the other stuff and take it as entertainment.

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Not exactly like there is much football to talk about these days. Its wash rinse repeat

Is that 6 posts by you now with no actual takes about the subject matter of the thread yet?

It's bad enough that you are just trolling for attention.......but could you not be so boring about it?  

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

I kept my original wrong #'s in the post to show my ownership in being wrong without erasing the original, and so you could see I was drawing #'s from the wrong season ('22). Wow, was that really hard to pick up on? I was compelled to look up rush percentages in the ACC due to the discussion being had overall... but not really because of any one poster. I think Oldman was another one saying they were run-heavy in '23 for example.

I certainly didn't need your additional gee wiz explanations such as what a run-heavy team looks like (my goodness) but I can see how my wrong season #'s made it irresistible so, my bad. Also not sure why the rest of your reply about Eastport bills and intentional lying is on a reply to me, but 🤷‍♂️. That's between you guys  ...  and hey that's just you being you on TBD, I know and expect that. You often make accurate points on here and you understand ball at a pretty good level, so I try to ignore the other stuff and take it as entertainment.

The examples I gave you regarding how few teams pass more than run and the vast difference between them and FSU are hardly "gee wiz explanations".    They are proof of the concept of what a "run first" team actually looks like on the stat sheet in a power 5 conference.    

To take offense to them AFTER you've insisted I was wrong.......c'mon man.

And I read your explanation about why you kept the phony stats in the thread.   There is no good reason for that.   Coleman wasn't even on FSU in 2022.   It's a total throw-away.   All it does is confuse readers.  

You've been around long enough that you should know that people half-read things and run with it.   "56%?!  I've seen enough.  Eastport was right after all!" :lol: 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Anyone involved with never drafting a WR or TE on day 1 or 2 the whole time we had Diggs can fck right off.

Now the Allen-Diggs window is closed and it's way too little way too late. 

They ran this team like they wanted to make sure the other teams had a chance.

Um....Kincaid and Diggs were both here in 2023

• Haha (+1) 1

My thoughts

- A QB of Allen's caliber can elevate a WR group

- In today's NFL (and basically all periods of the NFL) I prefer to look at it is the full pass catching group and not just WR's

- Between Kincaid and Knox, I feel that you have two very good options

- Shakir and Samuel are legit good in my opinion. My only fear is that your 4 most proven pass catchers are probably best as slot/tight end positions

- Coleman is unproven but he's a bigger body guy who at least seems to have the right attitude. If he could even fill the Gabe Davis role, I think you can get by

- Call me crazy but I think either MVS, Claypool, or Hollins will be a regular factor/threat

Is it better than last year? I don't really know. Diggs is really really good and was the focus of a lot of defensive gameplans. Kincaid should take a jump. A healthy Knox will at least give us more options. Shakir is ascending. He'll never be a superstar but he will be a big factor. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't agree with the OP but JerseyBills does have a right to his opinion and shouldn't be beat up for it.  The fact that it's an optimistic, pro-Bills opinion only strengthens that right - at least in my mafia mind.

And JB could be right.  There is uncertainty in the WR room.   Some guys may be more productive and add more value than we expect.  

Shakir - was more productive than Diggs over the second half of the season.  Maybe he's primed for a breakout season.

Claypool - once looked like an up-and-coming starting calibre wideout.  Maybe this is the year he puts it all together.

Samuel - never had a good QB throwing to him.  Maybe this year he showcases his talent & versatility like never before.

Coleman - never played in the NFL before.  Maybe Beane is right and this guy turns out to be a productive beast.  

MVS - has speed that maybe allows Josh to make max use of his arm strength and puts fear into defenses, opening zones underneath.   

Kincaid, Knox, and Cook - are all also legit targets that maybe take some heat off the WR group.  

Lots of maybe's here but hope is the essence of fandom.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The examples I gave you regarding how few teams pass more than run and the vast difference between them and FSU are hardly "gee wiz explanations".    They are proof of the concept of what a "run first" team actually looks like on the stat sheet in a power 5 conference.    

To take offense to them AFTER you've insisted I was wrong.......c'mon man.

And I read your explanation about why you kept the phony stats in the thread.   There is no good reason for that.   Coleman wasn't even on FSU in 2022.   It's a total throw-away.   All it does is confuse readers.  

You've been around long enough that you should know that people half-read things and run with it.   "56%?!  I've seen enough.  Eastport was right after all!" :lol: 

1st part - again, yawn on the explaining of basic college football trends and percentages.

2nd part - definitely not offended. I am a blessed man. Call me a liar or a bad father then we can talk about being offended.

3rd part - If I didn't keep them (real stats, wrong year) there on my edited reply, I'm sure you would have criticized me for deleting my post instead of owning up to it like almost nobody here does when they are wrong. Also, you're not worried about "readers" cmon! See I can make assumptions too.

4th part - I agree with that! I'll delete the post all together soon enough.

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-receiving-corps-rankings-bears-texans

27. BUFFALO BILLS

The Bills' losses of Stefon Diggs and Gabe Davis (much more Diggs than Davis) make it difficult to place them any higher on this list. Keon Coleman, Khalil Shakir and Curtis Samuel could be a nice trio in the long-term, but that's outside of our scope here. 

Buffalo's tight end room does give the receiving corps a boost, headlined by Dalton Kincaid and Dawson Knox. Running back James Cook didn’t grade well as a receiver last season (54.3 grade), but he does have good ability in that area. 

Probably took them less time to write that than it took Coleman to get to the checkout counter at macys 

14 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Of course. McDermott is the boss.

It's my understanding they both report to Pegula, who has fate control over them both.

They both have said things in interviews at various times that indicate this isn't the case, for example that Beane has on occasion done things that McDermott disagreed with and only reluctantly accepted.

I doubt anything will persuade you out of an opinion you hold, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1