I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah it's bad enough he's saddled with a defensive minded HC and is then dealing with the constant threat of coordinator and system changes.  

And to be stuck in a conference with Mahomes and Burrow and their HC situations.    

But to not make putting WR talent around him a top priority?

You can't expect the QB to tolerate all of those handicaps when the defense then keeps falling apart in the playoffs year-after-year.

They are giving him a lot of reason to think about the naturally greener pastures........which just so happen to be where he was born and raised.........or currently makes his home and where his girlfriend works etc. etc..

They can't keep him here if he doesn't feel this is the best place for his career.  

I doubt anyone in the Buffalo media even dares asking him this summer if he foresees finishing his career in Buffalo.    I'd suspect a much more measured answer at this point than 4 years ago.

The fact that they added two guys in Kincaid and Coleman the past two years, each of which according to reports Josh lobbied for and wanted, apparently escapes you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Now you’re protecting the board from false facts? You’re just a frustrated individual with deep seated psychological issues. I naively waded into this conversation thinking it was about receivers. Please consider getting some help. The board should be insulated from this type of weird behavior.

I don’t agree. I appreciate @BADOLBILZ clarifying facts. If someone says, “FSU was a run heavy team” I assume that’s true. I’m thankful when someone provides the statistics telling the truth. We all form opinions and thoughts on here. The more factual information that we have at our disposal the more evolved our thoughts are. It makes for way better conversation when  we all have the same truths as the baseline.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t agree. I appreciate @BADOLBILZ clarifying facts. If someone says, “FSU was a run heavy team” I assume that’s true. I’m thankful when someone provides the statistics telling the truth. We all form opinions and thoughts on here. The more factual information that we have at our disposal the more evolved our thoughts are. It makes for way better conversation when  we all have the same truths as the baseline.

Alright Kirby, you’re a stickler for accuracy in statistics. If you’re interested the Fla St. stats they are readily available. It says they ran the ball 463 times last season for an average of 4.5 yds per carry. That’s an average of 39 attempts per game in a 12 game season. They passed it 433 times which translates to 36 attempts average per game. Is the statement of Fla. St. having a run heavy offense not accurate?  Evaluate the original assessment of Coleman being a “project” when he lead an undefeated candidate for the National Championship with 11 TDs and 50 catches. The guy you’re defending distorted the premise of the topic to go into some meandering rabbit hole of statistics for the mindless personal attack and naturally his loyal supporters come to his defense. I respect loyalty but this guy is a little off.

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It doesn't live up to the real-life drama of you writing the Bills organization a strongly worded letter to inform them that you were dropping your 26 year season tickets because they replaced Rex Ryan with this McDermott guy.

And of course........then........subsequently crying and begging on TSW in January of 2021 trying to get tickets to the first home playoff game since 1995.

Futilely, I might add.

That was real drama.     

And really,  truly f#cking hilarious. :lol:

I'm still living rent-free in that over-inflated melon of yours, I see... :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Perhaps

I don’t see any of these guys requiring an extra body at this point. That just means that extra body can be used to roam or make certain lanes crowded. Maybe that extra body is used to spy Josh? That’ll make it harder for him to run. There are lots of reasons not having elite skill players hinders your offense. This thought train is just one…

Well it’s the NFL, it’s supposed to have a certain level of difficulty, but I suspect that after the first six or eight snaps and the defense is still on the field that  “extra body” will be shadowing the guy who is catching passes or is getting first downs /YAC, I also suspect it will be more than one position player  WR, TE or RB etc, so who’s going to get the extra attention? The defenses will be having to make assumptions…, and we all know what happens when one assumes…, Josh throws a TD pass to Coleman, stranger things happen on any Sunday, 😁👍

6 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm still living rent-free in that over-inflated melon of yours, I see... :lol:

You're the one who replied to his post responding to someone else, to call out the "drama" and instigate a fight with him.  You bring this stuff on yourself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL someone got angry on page 27

That could be me. 

I was in the Denial stage, expecting a trade.  Now I'm in the Anger stage.  Hope I can get to the Acceptance stage by the start of the season. 

I remember last year people on this board wanting us to lose when we were teetering on the edge.   I thought that was weird.  Now if I can't snap out of it, I could see myself getting weird too.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Would he work for a different Head Coach who was really pushing him to draft offense early way more often?

It isn't just about drafting offense early. It's the entire team building philosophy. It's making a huge push for Arik Armstead to the point that (I know this for a fact) Beane at one point thought he had him for pretty much the exact numbers Jacksonville got him at. Even though nobody came into the offseason thinking the Bills needed a big ticket player at DT. Nobody. It is a position this regime has just thrown ample resources at again and again every single offseason, and only pure luck stopped them from making it once again the biggest investment of the offseason. Compared to last offseason where they made a modest attempt to get DeAndre Hopkins before Beane played dumb in front of the media talking about how little money they had.

A little fine tuning on decisions like those is something that I absolutely believe an offensive head coach would bring to the organization, and I have no reason to think Beane wouldn't go along with it. Why wouldn't he? A GM who's really just an executive teamed up with a great offensive coach is the best job going right now - just ask Brett Veach and John Lynch.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You're the one who replied to his post responding to someone else, to call out the "drama" and instigate a fight with him.  You bring this stuff on yourself.

How sweet of you to come to his rescue.  So cute!

55 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Alright Kirby, you’re a stickler for accuracy in statistics. If you’re interested the Fla St. stats they are readily available. It says they ran the ball 463 times last season for an average of 4.5 yds per carry. That’s an average of 39 attempts per game in a 12 game season. They passed it 433 times which translates to 36 attempts average per game. Is the statement of Fla. St. having a run heavy offense not accurate?  Evaluate the original assessment of Coleman being a “project” when he lead an undefeated candidate for the National Championship with 11 TDs and 50 catches. The guy you’re defending distorted the premise of the topic to go into some meandering rabbit hole of statistics for the mindless personal attack and naturally his loyal supporters come to his defense. I respect loyalty but this guy is a little off.

Appreciate the stats. I’d say that’s meaningful.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

That could be me. 

I was in the Denial stage, expecting a trade.  Now I'm in the Anger stage.  Hope I can get to the Acceptance stage by the start of the season. 

I remember last year people on this board wanting us to lose when we were teetering on the edge.   I thought that was weird.  Now if I can't snap out of it, I could see myself getting weird too.

Definitely not you.

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Best post of the thread.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

This is a wild statement. 

You don't think Allen knew about Samuel,MVS,Coleman and signed off on it??? This isn’t the 2010 Bills..

Allen knew Diggs was being traded and this is pure speculation but I believe he signed off on that as well..

You watch the Brady offense, which is only a few games and he runs the ball effectively and 17 is more of a point guard, not having to play hero ball as much. We have an elite GM,HC and staff. 

Look at a Herbert, had 2 big time WRs and did nothing,  it's hard to win in the nfl. Apparently you know better than Beane,  thinking that the Bills aren't doing everything possible to win a sb with an elite qb.. such a ridiculous statement 

I think it was either @HappyDays or @Kirby Jackson who recently posted about how little draft capital the Bills had used on the WR position with Josh Allen at QB(using the weighted trade chart value numbers).    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

But even if Allen has some say in who they bring in at WR..........what matters is the results of those acquisitions.

LeBron left his beloved hometown twice because they just didn't nail their personnel decisions.   Some of those who disappointed were players he wanted them to acquire(like Kevin Love).   

This is the way it can go down with superstar athletes.

Could Allen choose to remain with a defensive minded HC and a rotating cast of OC's and ineffective WR's?   In a conference loaded with elite QB's blocking his path?

Sure.

But if you are the Bills you don't want to f#ck around and find out.

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

i haven't added anything to this thread in a while but thankful for everyone keeping this going. it's interesting and fun.

But the horse is definitely on life support!

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Appreciate the stats. I’d say that’s meaningful.

Sorry @Eastport bills but you are wrong again.

The Seminoles had the second lowest amount of rushes per game in the 14 team ACC with 33.1.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/acc/2023-team-offense.html

Only Pitt had fewer(29.7).

The point you either miss or are selectively ignoring?

Teams run the ball A LOT in college football.

Having more rush attempts than pass attempts is not an indicator that you are conservative.

58 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It isn't just about drafting offense early. It's the entire team building philosophy. It's making a huge push for Arik Armstead to the point that (I know this for a fact) Beane at one point thought he had him for pretty much the exact numbers Jacksonville got him at. Even though nobody came into the offseason thinking the Bills needed a big ticket player at DT. Nobody. It is a position this regime has just thrown ample resources at again and again every single offseason, and only pure luck stopped them from making it once again the biggest investment of the offseason. Compared to last offseason where they made a modest attempt to get DeAndre Hopkins before Beane played dumb in front of the media talking about how little money they had.

A little fine tuning on decisions like those is something that I absolutely believe an offensive head coach would bring to the organization, and I have no reason to think Beane wouldn't go along with it. Why wouldn't he? A GM who's really just an executive teamed up with a great offensive coach is the best job going right now - just ask Brett Veach and John Lynch.

I agree with your view of the resource allocation issue. I just think it is who Beane is. And unless you give a Head Coach basically overall personnel power and tell Beane he is a glorified Head Scout and personnel advisor to the Head Coach they are the results you will get with him. He has said him self countless times "I will always prioritise the defensive line and I will never apologise for doing so."