I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

24 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

OK, so factor the TEs in then.  Carolina had nothing even approaching Kincaid.  

Anderson who?  We were talking about Samuel's "big season" at Carolina.  (2021)   I see Robbie Chosen, undrafted prospect out of Temple.  OK, but far from great.  

If you can find another notable WR/TE receiving talent on that team besides Moore, let me know.  

Robbie Anderson changed his name to Chosen.

Worth mentioning that, like Samuel, Anderson had his best year under Joe Brady. Further evidence that getting the most out of his WRs is kind of Brady's forte.

That bodes well for Coleman and the rest of these guys.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I've never heard Brady say anything to the effect that McD is breathing down his neck.  So I'm not sure what your source is for this.  

I agree, though, that Brady needs to get better.  I assume he was involved in some of the offseason WR moves and told McD and Beane what kind of receivers he wanted for his offense to work.

Allen has said that Brady is installing new concepts and it's like learning a new offense.  In other words, it doesn't sound like we'll see the same aerial attack this season that we saw at the end of last year.  There will be new players running new plays.  Without knowing more, it's hard to guess  how it'll all work out.  

It must be as that's what fits PBF81's continual narrative.  I'm sure this recent heat spell Western NY is having is also due to McD micro managing the weathermen too.

It couldn't just be that Diggs is a diva who sulks and goes through the motions when he's not the focus of the team.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

A healthy and highly motivated Stephon Diggs is one of the top 5 WRs in the league.   I'm not sure that the Stephon Diggs we saw last season was that player.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it wasn't.  I think the present Bills WR group is potentially better than what we saw from Diggs and Davis last season.  Still, a lot of things have to happen on the field before that potential can be realized.  There are traits in the receivers Buffalo signed in the off season, and Curtice Samuel certainly has had moderate production.  So too, Claypool in his rookie season.  I think Beane is counting on the Bills' team culture and Josh Allen's ability to bring out the desirable traits and raise the level of play of several of the newcomers.   If it works, Brandon Beane looks like a genius and the Bills will make a deep playoff run, hopefully getting past the divisional round roadblock they've hit in recent years.  If it doesn't, all the pundits will be out in force next off season saying, "I told you so."

Edited by BigAl2526
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'm expecting a good season from Samuel. I don't know what his 40 time is but he plays fast. Watching him with the Ski... erm, Commanders, a lot of his big plays came when things broke down and Heinicke had to improvise. Obviously with such average QB play there weren't many opportunities but I think he'll play the Diggs role. And when things break down, Allen is one of the best, so I'm expecting Samuel to make some big off script plays as well.

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I'm expecting a good season from Samuel. I don't know what his 40 time is but he plays fast. Watching him with the Ski... erm, Commanders, a lot of his big plays came when things broke down and Heinicke had to improvise. Obviously with such average QB play there weren't many opportunities but I think he'll play the Diggs role. And when things break down, Allen is one of the best, so I'm expecting Samuel to make some big off script plays as well.

He's a 4.3 guy

34 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Worth mentioning that, like Samuel, Anderson had his best year under Joe Brady. Further evidence that getting the most out of his WRs is kind of Brady's forte.

You missed the point, entirely.  

Out of curiosity though, how many targets do you think that Samuel will get this season?  

Edited by PBF81

There's a pretty good argument against our WR corps being better if you strictly look at the production we lost in Diggs and Davis.

However, I agree with you. I actually don't think there's any argument against our WR corps as a whole being better and deeper. It's just going to be a question of what we get from our top end guys.

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

You missed the point, entirely.  

Out of curiosity though, how many targets do you think that Samuel will get this season?  

I didn't, I just don't really care about your point

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I didn't, I just don't really care about your point

But why argue off in some arbitrary tangent then?  

Why waste our time?  

Edited by PBF81

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

And get out of here with "nearly double." $24M is not "nearly double" $15M.

That’s true, but $24 million is nearly double $13 million which is what Samuel’s guarantee was.

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Well, if that’s his forte, explain Diggs and Davis. 

10 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Allen's completion % and rating under Brady didn't plummet into the realm of the bottom-dwelling because of Diggs.  

Season long under Brady if it held for a full season, Allen would have finished ranked 30th & 23rd respectively, and ahead of absolutely no one significant.  

If that doesn't change, drastically, them were in trouble this season.  

Yes, yes! Let’s ignore the shoulder injury that Josh admitted he just started to get over and caused him to significantly alter his mechanics. 

Exactly what I would expect out of a poster with your prowess. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

But why argue off in some arbitrary tangent then?  

Why waste our time?  

You engaged me first.

I didn't argue. I simply ignored your questions about Samuel's target numbers because they were irrelevant to my discussion. And you didn't know who Robbie Anderson was, so I educated you on that.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Well, if that’s his forte, explain Diggs and Davis. 

I can't exactly. The same question was posed earlier about them and I supposed, after the 6-6 start, that they wanted to throw the ol' curveball at defenses who were expecting the balls to continue going Diggs' and Davis' way. The offense switched focus to Kincaid, Cook, and Shakir with success. I wonder if they already felt like they were moving on from Diggs and Davis at that point.

14 minutes ago, Steptide said:

They still lack a true number 1, though Coleman could be that in time. I just go back to the argument that when we needed Diggs the most, he was nowhere to be found. So, we'll be alright. 

the counter: we weren’t alright without a number 1 in those big moments so I guess we will see going forward 

51 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yes, yes! Let’s ignore the shoulder injury that Josh admitted he just started to get over and caused him to significantly alter his mechanics. 

Exactly what I would expect out of a poster with your prowess. 

Right, and let's ignore the fact that we're now forcing him into a game that thrives on that kind of throwing.  

What was that about prowess?  

I believe this group has superior talent to the groupings of the last several years.  

not a traditional mix, but we can beat you so may ways that’s what makes the difference.  Knowing 17 is there to take advantage and not having to worry about crybaby Diggs getting touches is the key.  That nightmare cost us three games in the first half of the season at least.  

I'm thrilled with what we have because it’s better than what we had.  F Diggs F the Texans F the Fins and certainly F the Jets and Aaron ImsoHigh Rogers

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

You engaged me first.

I didn't argue. I simply ignored your questions about Samuel's target numbers because they were irrelevant to my discussion. And you didn't know who Robbie Anderson was, so I educated you on that.

His name is irrelevant.

And you ignored the notion that Anderson was never anything special at WR, always a 2/3 tweener, at best.    

He's a WR that averaged under 700 yards and below 4 TDs/season.  

That's the competition that Samuel had. 

What's funny about this discussion is that everyone argued the same about Harty and Sherfield last season.  Wash/rinse/repeat.  

I'm quite content to let the season do the talking.