The real reason for the gaslighting

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Cutting Dept of Ed is going to do anything remotely close to solving the budget problem, it won't.

No one step will fix the problem we have, our government is spending 7 trillion a year, that is a lot of big mistakes that need to be fixed. You like to pretend I say lots of things that I don't even hint at so you can argue your stupidity.

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Leave to a moron to advocate cutting things people need before cutting that which is unnecessary. BTW Trump is discussing eliminating the Dept of Education, which unfortunately is a good idea. DOE has not improved schools at all since I have been teaching but has certainly cause us issues with legal requirements that only benefit lawyers and terrible parents.

What exactly would you cut?  The Department of Education isn't 25% of government spending.

47 minutes ago, Scraps said:

What exactly would you cut?  The Department of Education isn't 25% of government spending.

If we have to cut funding, we’re going to have to take a long, hard look at Medicare since that’s the majority of where the debt comes from. 

Almost like we should have a public system that would save money and ensure a base level of care for everyone buuuuuuuut that’s communism so can’t do that!

18 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

If we have to cut funding, we’re going to have to take a long, hard look at Medicare since that’s the majority of where the debt comes from. 

Almost like we should have a public system that would save money and ensure a base level of care for everyone buuuuuuuut that’s communism so can’t do that!

You should take a look at Medicaid expenses. For most States its the highest budget line spending item. Part of it is because of rising medical costs. Other sources of increased cost are reliance on the program by more and more people with States easing eligibility requirements and fewer low income people covered by commercial plans. Some of it due to the nature of part-time work. 

The problem is commercial plans cover fewer and fewer people. For the major insurers more of their business is Medicare and Medicaid than it is commercial insurance coverage through private employers. Medicare pays 80% of covered expenses. This can leave a big chuck owed by a retiree. Medicare Advantage plans at extra premium cost can cover  most of the 20%.

As an example of commercial coverage a few years back my wife had a serious illness that required hospitalization for about 25 days, 12 of those in ICU.  The total bill was about $650,000. (I should add the hospital made the "mistake" of submitted another $110K of what I considered fraudulent charges under "outpatient" services which the insurance rejected. I guess 650 wasn't enough for them!) I think I ended up paying about $14K out of pocket. If that was basic Medicare I would have owed the hospital $130K. Not many retiree's can afford that. Most doctors and big hospital systems make lots of money. They're not driving 15 year old cars or clipping coupons, their kids are going to expensive private schools and golf lessons at the country club. Neither party wants to tackle that Hornets nest of the AMA lobby. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Everything added post 9/11?

So basically,

1)  The 6 carriers commissioned or under construction since then. 

2- The entire fleet of Virginia Class attack submarines (and basically the entire attack submarine fleet as the Los Angeles Class submarines reach end of life). 

3- The Columbia Class ballistic missile submarine (and basically the seaborne leg of our nuclear triad as the Ohio Class submarines reach end of life).

4- The F22 and F35.

5-  Relief for every severe storm including Katrina, Harvey, Ian, Maria, Sandy, Ida, Irma, Ike,  Ivan,  Michael, Florence, Wilma and Rita.

6-  Relief for every wildfire that hit the west and recently Hawaii.

7-  The bailout for the financial crisis in 2008.

8-  Operation Warp Speed.

9- All the Covid related spending intended to keep people and businesses afloat.

just to name a few.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

The agencies created post 9/11 and the ones given more authority and have only grown since.  From the Patriot act to the DHS and NDAA.  CISPA, HOSA.  

And the bottom of your list. 

And the inflation and green stimulus.

Our spending is out of control.  It was at the 💯 % threshold years ago.

6 hours ago, Roundybout said:

This is anti democratic! If the people want to keep voting for ancient fossils, so be it. 

Then live with it and bankrupt us.

The never ending need to raise capital for reelection has resulted in a legislative branch completely dominated by entrenched, anti democratic monopolistic "representatives," completely dependent on their established benefactors.

We don't allow such pure "democracy" in the executive, and in my state, in the governorship.

Change it or shut up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

So basically,

1)  The 6 carriers commissioned or under construction since then. 

2- The entire fleet of Virginia Class attack submarines (and basically the entire attack submarine fleet as the Los Angeles Class submarines reach end of life). 

3- The Columbia Class ballistic missile submarine (and basically the seaborne leg of our nuclear triad as the Ohio Class submarines reach end of life).

4- The F22 and F35.

5-  Relief for every severe storm including Katrina, Harvey, Ian, Maria, Sandy, Ida, Irma, Ike,  Ivan,  Michael, Florence, Wilma and Rita.

6-  Relief for every wildfire that hit the west and recently Hawaii.

7-  The bailout for the financial crisis in 2008.

8-  Operation Warp Speed.

9- All the Covid related spending intended to keep people and businesses afloat.

just to name a few.

Yes all of this is communism 

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The agencies created post 9/11 and the ones given more authority and have only grown since.  From the Patriot act to the DHS and NDAA.  CISPA, HOSA.  

And the bottom of your list. 

And the inflation and green stimulus.

Our spending is out of control.  It was at the 💯 % threshold years ago.

The patriot act created a gaping spending agenda...black ops money no one even knows where its going.

No oversight at all.

I'm willing to bet it's not going to watch terrorists from abroad.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Scraps said:

Once again whom insinuated it was 25%? Tibs stated it only cost 10 million when it is closer to 20 billion but I said it was a start. I am a large proponent of taking away the people in the Federal government whom do the oversight and allowing the states to distribute their funding as they see fit. States can choose how to distribute Medicare funds, Education, housing and food stamp payments better than DC in almost all conditions. DOE, HUD, Interior and State can be shrunk down to a small portion of their size, The only place the big spending should be controlled by the feds is the military, which I would love to see become more efficient but admit that is a back burner issue at this time. Most of the issues the federal government is involved within the states each state can handle itself. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Once again whom insinuated it was 25%? Tibs stated it only cost 10 million when it is closer to 20 billion but I said it was a start. I am a large proponent of taking away the people in the Federal government whom do the oversight and allowing the states to distribute their funding as they see fit. States can choose how to distribute Medicare funds, Education, housing and food stamp payments better than DC in almost all conditions. DOE, HUD, Interior and State can be shrunk down to a small portion of their size, The only place the big spending should be controlled by the feds is the military, which I would love to see become more efficient but admit that is a back burner issue at this time. Most of the issues the federal government is involved within the states each state can handle itself. 

You did.

16 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I can't keep responding to morons who believe the issue is the government needs to take more money. The government needs to stop spending and need to cut the federal government by at least 25%. Can you tell me what the total amount of the bottom 40% paid to put federal government in payroll taxes? Can you tell me the total the top 1% pay? If you can not please admit you are an immoral fascist and stop with your stupidity. 

Edited by Scraps

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

You did.

Even your quoting shows you're lying. Why is that? No where did he say the DOE was 25% and you know that. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Even your quoting shows you're lying. Why is that? No where did he say the DOE was 25% and you know that. 

In a later post, the only think he pointed to was the Department of Education.

6 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Leave to a moron to advocate cutting things people need before cutting that which is unnecessary. BTW Trump is discussing eliminating the Dept of Education, which unfortunately is a good idea. DOE has not improved schools at all since I have been teaching but has certainly cause us issues with legal requirements that only benefit lawyers and terrible parents.

Edited by Scraps

21 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

You didn’t answer the question…What income level is considered wealthy?

Confusing question given that wealth and income are different but here’s income:

Entering the top 1% of earners requires an average annual income of $819,324. In the highest echelon — the top 0.1% — the average income is $3.3 million. The rapid wage growth for these groups is noteworthy.Jan 17, 2024

you can look up 1% wealth. Hint- it’s a lot

24 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Are you illiterate? Where did I mention that being enough or 25%? I was responding to who is thinking in my direction.  You could have simply said I was not clear to you but this response is dumber than Billsy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Are you illiterate? Where did I mention that being enough or 25%? I was responding to who is thinking in my direction.  You could have simply said I was not clear to you but this response is dumber than Billsy. 

Take your attitude and shove it.

You want to cut spending by 25%,  then tell us how you would do it.  It is that simple.  It is easy to make statements like cut by 25%.  It is harder to actually make that happen.  Hint , you aren't going to get there without serious cuts to defense, social security, medicare and medicaid.

31 minutes ago, Scraps said:

He never said it was 25% anywhere. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. You sir, are a charlatan.

• Like (+1) 1