Epenesa jersey exchange

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/kate-martin-s-postgame-moment-with-nfl-player-caught-wnba-fans-attention/ar-BB1oHoBs?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=471cef7036ca4c73bd2743a531beb25f&ei=35

I thought this was pretty cool.  

My teenage daughter is a big Iowa fan, and I watched a lot of their games.  Martin is a good player, and I hope she does well. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, die hard bills fan said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/kate-martin-s-postgame-moment-with-nfl-player-caught-wnba-fans-attention/ar-BB1oHoBs?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=471cef7036ca4c73bd2743a531beb25f&ei=35

My teenage daughter is a big Iowa fan, and I watched a lot of their games.  Martin is a good player, and I hope she does well. 

I couldn't care any less about women's college basketball/sports so I don't find this pedestrian same-school interaction cool like a girl-dad of a fan of that women's college basketball team..........but I support your right to think so and post it in the football section because it's about a Bills player.

More interesting and relevant with regard to the Epenesa football family(IMO) is that there is another Epenesa brother on his way to major college football:

https://www.thetelegraph.com/sports/article/four-star-recruit-iose-epenesa-narrows-college-19420105.php

4 star recruit.    AJ has been making the rounds with him to the schools of interest.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

22 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not as interesting as the Kiko jersey exchange story.....

C'mon man, that wasn't a player-to-player exchange.  Would you say that about a different jersey exchange between two athletes?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Would you say that about a different jersey exchange between two athletes?

We should.

In general, public jersey exchanges are lame and self-aggrandizing.  

"Here's some free sh!t the team gave me to wear now give me your free sh!t.   We know each other!"  

Just take a selfie and keep your free laundry.

The Kiko one was a REAL human interest story.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We should.

"Here's some free sh!t the team gave me to wear now give me your free sh!t.   We know each other!"  

Jerseys, footballs, helmets, etc. are not free for the players to take personally. They pay the team for them / it comes out of their check. And the on-field uni stuff is more expensive than even fan “authentic” items. I’m not sure how it works for colleges.

ESPN: Derrick Henry holds off on jersey swaps because of cost | November 2023

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, die hard bills fan said:

oddly enough, I have been getting all these Kate Martin spam stories on my google feed, including this one. I think it’s because of all the stories I read about C. Clark. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Jerseys, footballs, helmets, etc. are not free for the players to take personally. They pay the team for them / it comes out of their check. And the on-field uni stuff is more expensive than even fan “authentic” items. I’m not sure how it works for colleges.

ESPN: Derrick Henry holds off on jersey swaps because of cost | November 2023

So we will pretend that his then $10M salary for playing wasn't enough to render such potential cost irrelevant.

I'm sure Henry's "can't swap jersey because it costs $300 so I gotta wear this one to threads" excuse comes off rather lame to his fellow players who know he makes 6 figures(or even 7 figures some seasons) in NFLPA licensing annually (much of that from his personal jersey sales).:lol:

He's getting paid for his jerseys........Henry might see a nice spike there this year with his team change.

Dude just doesn't want to swap jerseys.   It's a good excuse.  Good for him, it's lame.

In Tom Brady's last season he made almost $10M in NFLPA licensing money.    

Fans don't hear about those earnings.   They aren't part of their "salary".

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So we will pretend that his then $10M salary for playing wasn't enough to render such potential cost irrelevant.

I'm sure Henry's "can't swap jersey because it costs $300 so I gotta wear this one to threads" excuse comes off rather lame to his fellow players who know he makes 6 figures(or even 7 figures some seasons) in NFLPA licensing annually (much of that from his personal jersey sales).:lol:

He's getting paid for his jerseys........Henry might see a nice spike there this year with his team change.

Dude just doesn't want to swap jerseys.   It's a good excuse.  Good for him, it's lame.

In Tom Brady's last season he made almost $10M in NFLPA licensing money.    

Fans don't hear about those earnings.   They aren't part of their "salary".

yea, the post as an argument is a bit “but ackshuallly” guy 

as a random trivia tidbit, fine enough, but to argue cost with the entire season running at a fraction of a percent of his salary when paired with the jerseys received are all worth more than the cost is an eye roll 

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We should.

I dunno about college, but players pay for the jerseys they exchange.  It's not free laundry to them.

Your right to "all the feels" about how meaningless it is, other fans and players right to value memorabilia, frame their favorites and keep them in their family rooms etc.

8 hours ago, NoSaint said:

yea, the post as an argument is a bit “but ackshuallly” guy 

as a random trivia tidbit, fine enough, but to argue cost with the entire season running at a fraction of a percent of his salary when paired with the jerseys received are all worth more than the cost is an eye roll 

Yes, I guess I was the “actuaalllllyyyyy” guy in this instance. I’ve followed the UniWatch page for a long time. There was a story awhile back about a quarterback who wanted his particular helmet that was no longer being manufactured iirc and when he was signed by another team, he had to buy the helmet from that team for ~$1500 iirc and the new team had it painted, did decals, etc.  

And yeah, I’m on the autism spectrum where we know and share details. I thought it might add something / some understanding to the topic & conversation. That it’s not “free sh-t that the team pays for.” Do you want make it a thing? 

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I dunno about college, but players pay for the jerseys they exchange.  It's not free laundry to them.

Your right to "all the feels" about how meaningless it is, other fans and players right to value memorabilia, frame their favorites and keep them in their family rooms etc.

👍. Some of us “cheer for the laundry” as Seinfeld says. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Beck Water said:

And my counterpoint is that jerseys are often "more than free" because they are paid for jersey sales.   Which never occurred to you when you were hand-wringing about out-of-pocket as if it were like you swapping workwear with someone.   :lol:

You are just like @UConn James and lot's of other fans who don't realize how much money some of these guys generate by these zero-effort needed licensings.   

Even the rank and file whose jerseys aren't sold get a small cut of total jersey sales.  

Has nothing to do with memorabilia.   The public jersey trades are just lame and often in poor taste after one player just took an L.   If it's not for show, do it in private.  

You disagree?  That's fine.  Love it all you want.   But don't tell me it's some noteworthy financial outlay.   That's just being absurd for the sake of being contrary.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/22/2024 at 5:39 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

We should.

image.thumb.jpeg.abe90192be8711ec0464064d9baffd6f.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

The jersey swap costs vary by team. Titans players have to pay upward of $350 per jersey for their swaps.

So, let's say 20 games a season, when you include pre-season, but not playoffs.  

$350 x 20 = $7,000

I think he can afford it.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.