Pete Prisco's Top 100 NFL Players

jahnyc

When you consider that 100 players averages to about 3 guys per team, it kind of makes sense. We probably got a couple of other guys that could be on the list, and I suspect next year we'll have a couple more guys on the list (Milano coming back, Bernard and Miller as possibilities, Kincaid maybe, or Oliver, Johnson, etc.). But right now, we don't have many household name guys; we have a lot of young guys, guys coming off of injury, some journeymen, etc. Plus, there are lots of teams in the league with 3 or more household name players (which of course does not mean that they are better overall teams though)...and I'm sure that certain positions (QB and WR, for example) are probably a bit over-represented because of the importance or visibility of those positions.

Plus, the transition-year label is real. For instance, 78 players were voted to the Pro Bowl last year (not counting special teams). There were 4 Bills: Josh Allen, Mitch Morse, Stefon Diggs, and Jordan Poyer. Well, Morse, Diggs, and Poyer are gone. This year's team will need to prove itself before making too many lists.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, finn said:

Kelce is fading, and McDuffie is no better than Taron

I'd take McDuffie over Taron.
But Taron is great, no doubt.

McDuffie is extremely versatile. He plays outside, inside, safety at times, can line up in the LB box, etc.

On 6/22/2024 at 10:39 PM, Ray Stonada said:

Kelce and Jones.

Everywhere else we match up fine with KC.

If Kincaid and someone on the D line steps up we will overtake them.

And yet we beat them in the regular season and lost by a missed FG in the playoffs, especially with our defense missing key starters

• Like (+1) 1

32 teams -  average 3 players per team 

9 key positions on offense and defense - 11 players at each position

We have to ask ourselves - which of our players are top-11 at their positions.  

In the past,  Poyer, Hyde and White were usually in the Top 100 as they were a top-10 player at their position group.   And then we had Josh and Diggs. 

Milano was injured last year and hence was not a top-10 linebacker. 

Tauron Johnson may be the best slot corner and probably a top-10 CB and should have been part of this list. 

Oliver is close to be a top-10 player on the DL (includes DT and DE)....probably finished just outside the top-10. 

James Cook also was a close to be a top-10 Running Back in the league last year.

Dawkins is probably one of the top-10 LT in the game...but is his a top ten OL in the league ?

You really have to be the best or one of the best player at your position to be in the Top 100.   This is especially harder in positions like DL where there are 5 players playing for each team..you have to be top-10 out of 150 STARTERS. 

More Bills players will crack the top-10 this year... Dalton, Cook, Dawkins, Bernanrd, Oliver, Johnson, Milano, Douglas

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Rodgers doesn't belong.  Two wrongs don't make a right

I agree with that, however, It’s Prisco’s list… so he makes the Right’s. I think the point that is being argued here, is if Rodger’s isn’t being penalized for missing the entire season and is 40 yrs old, then why isn’t Milano being viewed in a similar way, who was playing at an All-Pro level when he went down last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, NewEra said:

He was first team all pro the prior season.  He was playing great to start the season.  

Using your logic- Joe Burrow, Aaron Rodgers, kirk cousins, mark Andrews shouldn’t be on the list.   Do you

Take Rodgers off the list then.  so what?

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Take Rodgers off the list then.  so what?

Take burrow off the list-  take Andrew’s off the list.  Take cousins off the list….

You said “the list isn’t who used to be top 100 before injury”-  do we know these other guys are still top 100 after their injuries?  Do we know Milano isn’t?  

Burrow, sure- he belongs there.  

In his last full season prior to injury - Andrews wasn’t even 2nd team all pro.

Cousins has never been all pro.

Milano- first team all pro.

but whatevs.  Do what you do.  Put down Bills players.  Put down bills fans.  Be as argumentative as you can. Bring nothing positive to the  bills discussion.  Just tell people that they’re wrong

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Take burrow off the list-  take Andrew’s off the list.  Take cousins off the list….

You said “the list isn’t who used to be top 100 before injury”-  do we know these other guys are still top 100 after their injuries?  Do we know Milano isn’t?  

Burrow, sure- he belongs there.  

In his last full season prior to injury - Andrews wasn’t even 2nd team all pro.

Cousins has never been all pro.

Milano- first team all pro.

but whatevs.  Do what you do.  Put down Bills players.  Put down bills fans.  Be as argumentative as you can. Bring nothing positive to the  bills discussion.  Just tell people that they’re wrong

I didn't "put down" anyone, tender homer.

Would you have put Miller on a top 100 at this time last year?

• Sad 1

On 6/22/2024 at 2:24 PM, GreggTX said:

I think Milano should be on that list, but I don't think Ed Oliver is a top 100 caliber player. He's OK but nowhere near elite. Maybe Taron Johnson should be there too.

I would agree with this except Milano's availability severely reduces his overall impact and it is a shame because if healthy he can be a game wrecker. Oliver... love his game last year love his improvement. Not sure he cracks the top 100 players on my list. Hopefully if he continues to improve he might this year. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I didn't "put down" anyone, tender homer.

Would you have put Miller on a top 100 at this time last year?

lol-  you always do-  that’s why you’re here-  all you do is tell people that they’re wrong-  99% of your quotes are exactly that.  

Was Miller first team all pro the previous season, 29 years old and coming off a broken leg?  Or was he 33, coming off an acl and hadn’t been any type of all pro since 2018? 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

but whatevs.  Do what you do. Put down bills fans.  Be as argumentative as you can. Bring nothing positive to the bills discussion.  Just tell people that they’re wrong

Holy pot meet kettle Batman 🤣 😂 

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

lol-  you always do-  that’s why you’re here-  all you do is tell people that they’re wrong-  99% of your quotes are exactly that.  

Was Miller first team all pro the previous season, 29 years old and coming off a broken leg?  Or was he 33, coming off an acl and hadn’t been any type of all pro since 2018? 

I only argue with obvious BS and inaccuracies.  99% of what you post falls in those categories so it’s fish in a barrel usually…

Anyway…in this case,  it’s a player who was top notch before a severe injury and who hasn’t played since.  We have no way of knowing if he’ll be the same.  Any player is this scenario would have the same question mark especially as a top 100.  Taking off all the guys you listed is fine with me.  Proves the point actually so yeah, take Andrew’s etc off too.  You’re catching on…

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Holy pot meet kettle Batman 🤣 😂 

Awe- my scorned eye roller is back again!  I must’ve really hurt your feelings back in 2018

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Awe- my scorned eye roller is back again!  I must’ve really hurt your feelings back in 2018

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Talking smack to a terrible poster such as yourself isn’t proving anything except I have great taste in bad posters.

Point proven…thanks! 😂 

Edited by TheWeatherMan

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

Point proven…thanks! 😂 

Talking smack to a terrible poster such as yourself isn’t proving anything except I have great taste in bad posters.

On 6/22/2024 at 2:01 PM, Fleezoid said:

I'm in a weekly Pick Em league. I read Pete Priscoe's picks every week before I make my picks. I lose every year!

Where am I going wrong?!

Do the exact opposite of what Priscoe suggest, Championship!

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/22/2024 at 11:57 AM, SectionC3 said:

Ed Oliver disagrees with that list. 

And everyone outside of Buffalo agrees with him not being on it.  Why can nobody here accept that he’s a good player, nothing more?   He’s MAYBE in the top 10 of 3 techs, not some super star.

On 6/22/2024 at 11:55 AM, Einstein said:

Beane is an A+ general manager in terms of constructing a solid top-to-bottom roster.  But he has struggled mightily to get elite talent. I think that is part of the reason he swung for the fences with Von Miller.

The Chiefs have 4 legitimate All-Star players in Mahomes, Jones, Kelce, and McDuffie.

Bengals have Burrow, Chase, and Hendrickson.

We just have Allen.

Kincaid will likely be added to that after this season and Cook isn't far away.

this was on my feed today and I wanted to post it. What a gorgeous couple. THAT'S OUR QB And his ladyfaire is rocking serious Jackie O vibes. Super sophisticated and classy

Jackie O.jpg

• Like (+1) 2