Pete Prisco's Top 100 NFL Players

jahnyc

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Taron Johnson, Terrell Bernard, Schnowman, and Ed Oliver belong.  Christian Benford is about to kick in the door!

The Chiefs heard “kick in the door” and their ears perked up. Sounds like someone to look into!  😋

It’s a transition year. We let a lot of older and well known names walk. I don’t care what he thinks, we have a lot of good young talent to fill in. We just need to find an elite player or two and add them to the mix. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

You just can't include Milano as we have no idea how he will come back from injury.  Before the injury he was top 100 and playing at an All-Pro level.

Doesn’t apply in this list, since he put Rodgers on the list and moved him up. 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Einstein said:

Beane is an A+ general manager in terms of constructing a solid top-to-bottom roster.  But he has struggled mightily to get elite talent. I think that is part of the reason he swung for the fences with Von Miller.

The Chiefs have 4 legitimate All-Star players in Mahomes, Jones, Kelce, and McDuffie.

Bengals have Burrow, Chase, and Hendrickson.

We just have Allen.

Kelce is fading, and McDuffie is no better than Taron; he just plays on a team that won a championship. Jones is for real, and so is Humphrey. 

16 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Looking at the list I really can't complain as there's a lot of really elite NFL players out there.  No Diggs or K. Allen on there (not even in honorable mentions) was surprising considering they were top 10 in nearly every WR statistic last year.  I get it with their age but still I'd put them in the top 100.  Also, how in the world is Aaron Rodgers #20 when he had him at #29 last year?  Was he impressed by his two handoffs, throwaway, and sack in the season opener?

Good spot!  This is a lazy list, I think you've put more thought and work into his list than he did!  

18 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

'stepping up in the postseason' is not the purview of the GM

The fact that these otherwise very talented players cannot get it done in the playoffs is not a referendum on the GM 

Oliver is a top 5ish DT. Milano a top 3 LB at his spot, ditto Taron Johnson. There is plenty of talent.

top 5-7 would put him right on the fringe here. 

off the ball LB is a tough position in these lists. I’m not saying it’s FB or kicker type of devaluation but its a tougher position to get in and he was out for the year so this years all pros will jump up

taron is probably 85-115 kind of range too 

the real issue is that a lot of folks have 75 guys they think are too 50 and then 100 guy they think are 50-100

we have some guys in that second tier but only Josh in the top group 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Pete said:

Taron Johnson, Terrell Bernard, Schnowman, and Ed Oliver belong.  Christian Benford is about to kick in the door!

Add in milano and this is a primo example of thinking 6-7 guys guys belong 

it’s the difference between all pro vs pro bowlers. Then add in that pass rushers and pass catchers likely get a bit more representation than off the ball linebackers…you’ll usually see more boundary corners than slot 

if doing this list the guy probably pulled the all pro list, ranked them and then threw in the biggest names from there (a lot of qbs, pass rushers and WRs)

23 hours ago, Einstein said:

Beane is an A+ general manager in terms of constructing a solid top-to-bottom roster.  But he has struggled mightily to get elite talent. I think that is part of the reason he swung for the fences with Von Miller.

The Chiefs have 4 legitimate All-Star players in Mahomes, Jones, Kelce, and McDuffie.

Bengals have Burrow, Chase, and Hendrickson.

We just have Allen.

I think I heard Sal on WGR make the baseball apology that Beane as GM has a lot of singles and doubles, maybe a few triples, but hardly any home runs.   I think it still holds true, especially when you consider he hasn’t drafted an All-Pro since Allen (and technically Taron Johnson)

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes

His last healthy season he was first team All Pro

Taron Johnson is also a top 100 NFL player

i agree with this.  but until he shows he's back at that level now, not sure how he would be in a current top 100.

22 hours ago, ryguy101 said:

100%

how can you be sure?

20 hours ago, NewEra said:

Why would he not?  The last time he suited up, was he a top 100 player?  I can help, yes, he was.  Easily

If you consider Pete Prisco’s opinion as gospel, sure.

Imo-   we have Allen, Milano and Ed that should all be on that list.  Taron is close-  Dawkins is close.  Kincaid will likely be on the list next season.  Rousseau might be on that list next season.  

the list isn't "who used to be a top 100 player before injury"...

16 hours ago, Ponch said:

Until proven otherwise yes he is

was Von Miller a top 100 player this past season...after his injury/rehab?  he was before I bet...

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

top 5-7 would put him right on the fringe here. 

off the ball LB is a tough position in these lists. I’m not saying it’s FB or kicker type of devaluation but its a tougher position to get in and he was out for the year so this years all pros will jump up

taron is probably 85-115 kind of range too 

the real issue is that a lot of folks have 75 guys they think are too 50 and then 100 guy they think are 50-100

we have some guys in that second tier but only Josh in the top group 

Bernard was easily a top 100 player last year.  And should be top 50-60 this year.  He made that many plays.  Douglas is a top 100 player and Milano is certainly.  Taron Johnson maybe.  His coverage skills are good, but not great.  Ed Oliver is good but just doesn’t seem to dominate game in and game out at a level that Kyle Williams or Marcel Darius did.  Or even Pat Williams for that matter back in the day.  Someone who really loves Ed’s game tell me what I am missing.  

Kincaid should be a beast this year if we let him run routes at least 15 yards+ down the field.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/22/2024 at 12:20 PM, Mr. WEO said:

is Milano still a top player?

Ranking players is an extremely subjective process.  If you're ranking players based on 2023 skill set and production, then no, he's not...  Availability is the most important ability after all, but if you're anticipating full health and a return to the kind of production Milano typically has when he's on the field, he's at least in the conversation.

I've seen rankings where the current group of Bills receivers is near the bottom of the league.  I get that, but I would also wager that next year at this time if the Bills have mostly the same group of receivers, they will have climbed considerably in the rankings.

On 6/22/2024 at 8:47 AM, jahnyc said:

Prisco only has one player on the Bills (Josh Allen) in his top 100 NFL players for 2024.  Not surprising, and probably consistent with the view that the Bills have a number of solid players but only Josh Allen as a true blue chip caliber player.

That’s a fact, Jack! 
Beane isn’t the worst GM, but he is way, way overrated by the Bills faithful…. He has one homerun and two triples since 2018 in the draft. That’s a long time, not a good job at all. He does have a lot of doubles….singles….But he’s got to hit it out of the park more often. Best picks, Allen, Davis, TJ….

I am not looking at last season yet as it is too early. Nor this season but this one could really bite him in the ass…. I like a lot of the picks, but we need top shelf talent badly. Aside from Ray Davis, who maybe a shooting star, just another bunch of solid but unspectacular prospects. Perhaps the little pass rusher amazes?

what the Bills need is another 2017 draft. Maybe next year….

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

i agree with this.  but until he shows he's back at that level now, not sure how he would be in a current top 100.

how can you be sure?

the list isn't "who used to be a top 100 player before injury"...

was Von Miller a top 100 player this past season...after his injury/rehab?  he was before I bet...

He was first team all pro the prior season.  He was playing great to start the season.  

Using your logic- Joe Burrow, Aaron Rodgers, kirk cousins, mark Andrews shouldn’t be on the list.   Do you

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He was first team all pro the prior season.  He was playing great to start the season.  

Using your logic- Joe Burrow, Aaron Rodgers, kirk cousins, mark Andrews shouldn’t be on the list.   Do you

You can make an argument Burrow should be on the list as it was just a wrist injury. But I'd be fine if he was left off with an asterisk. The others don't belong on the list even if healthy.  

White and Miller came back very slow and no where near pre injury form. We still don't even know what injury Milano had. If he isnt even practicing yet it was way worse than just a broken bone.

2 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

That’s a fact, Jack! 
Beane isn’t the worst GM, but he is way, way overrated by the Bills faithful…. He has one homerun and two triples since 2018 in the draft. That’s a long time, not a good job at all. He does have a lot of doubles….singles….But he’s got to hit it out of the park more often. Best picks, Allen, Davis, TJ….

I am not looking at last season yet as it is too early. Nor this season but this one could really bite him in the ass…. I like a lot of the picks, but we need top shelf talent badly. Aside from Ray Davis, who maybe a shooting star, just another bunch of solid but unspectacular prospects. Perhaps the little pass rusher amazes?

what the Bills need is another 2017 draft. Maybe next year….

He's had two home run moves since getting here.  Doing a lot of prudent roster moves using the resources of the previous regime to be able to eventually trade up to draft Allen and trading for Stefon Diggs (top 4 among WR's in yards, receptions, and TD's since 2020).  All the other free agent and draft moves haven't been perfect but a lot of those singles/doubles/triples have made this a Super Bowl caliber roster the last four seasons.  Four straight division titles and divisional game appearances is nothing to sneeze at.  Coaching has been the common problem in the playoffs.  Not the roster.