Pete Prisco's Top 100 NFL Players

jahnyc

1 hour ago, Prospector said:

Where does this list rank on the lists of list ranks?

Excellent question, this list boils down to one man’s opinion, 

32 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

'stepping up in the postseason' is not the purview of the GM

The fact that these otherwise very talented players cannot get it done in the playoffs is not a referendum on the GM 

Oliver is a top 5ish DT. Milano a top 3 LB at his spot, ditto Taron Johnson. There is plenty of talent.

Then why is Beane making it his “purview” now?

Taron Johnson made a big play in the postseason back during the Covid year.   Helped propel us to the AFC CG.   See how important that is?

Only big play from anyone outside Josh Allen that I can even remember. 

Oliver can be.. Needs to show up when it matters.

Milano is coming injury.  If he’s healthy, yes.. Just like with Von Miller, he’s a wait and see right now. 

I think Milano should be on that list, but I don't think Ed Oliver is a top 100 caliber player. He's OK but nowhere near elite. Maybe Taron Johnson should be there too.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let me make sure I have this straight. McDermott has a team with only 1 top 100 player (simple math would indicate the mean would be 3 top 100 per team), yet has won 4 consecutive AFC east. 

And he is on the “hot seat” because he sucks as a coach. 

Call me crazy, but something doesn’t fit here. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

is Milano still a top player?

Why would he not?  The last time he suited up, was he a top 100 player?  I can help, yes, he was.  Easily

7 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Let me make sure I have this straight. McDermott has a team with only 1 top 100 player (simple math would indicate the mean would be 3 top 100 per team), yet has won 4 consecutive AFC east. 

And he is on the “hot seat” because he sucks as a coach. 

Call me crazy, but something doesn’t fit here. 

If you consider Pete Prisco’s opinion as gospel, sure.

Imo-   we have Allen, Milano and Ed that should all be on that list.  Taron is close-  Dawkins is close.  Kincaid will likely be on the list next season.  Rousseau might be on that list next season.  

1 hour ago, Fleezoid said:

I'm in a weekly Pick Em league. I read Pete Priscoe's picks every week before I make my picks. I lose every year!

Where am I going wrong?!

Well, you came here  asking for advice, so I’m sure the Priscoe thing was not an isolated incident.    😋

• Haha (+1) 4

Looking at the list I really can't complain as there's a lot of really elite NFL players out there.  No Diggs or K. Allen on there (not even in honorable mentions) was surprising considering they were top 10 in nearly every WR statistic last year.  I get it with their age but still I'd put them in the top 100.  Also, how in the world is Aaron Rodgers #20 when he had him at #29 last year?  Was he impressed by his two handoffs, throwaway, and sack in the season opener?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Beane is an A+ general manager in terms of constructing a solid top-to-bottom roster.  But he has struggled mightily to get elite talent. I think that is part of the reason he swung for the fences with Von Miller.

The Chiefs have 4 legitimate All-Star players in Mahomes, Jones, Kelce, and McDuffie.

Bengals have Burrow, Chase, and Hendrickson.

We just have Allen.

SEAN is AWESOME !

Cook is extremely underrated. Dude was only #6 in yards from scrimmage last year. No big deal.

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Looking at the list I really can't complain as there's a lot of really elite NFL players out there.  No Diggs or K. Allen on there (not even in honorable mentions) was surprising considering they were top 10 in nearly every WR statistic last year.  I get it with their age but still I'd put them in the top 100.  Also, how in the world is Aaron Rodgers #20 when he had him at #29 last year?  Was he impressed by his two handoffs, throwaway, and sack in the season opener?

That alone disqualifies the whole list. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How Rodgers misses the entire year and moves UP 9 spots, but Milano is off entirely makes no sense.  And Tyron Matheiu ahead of Taron Johnson?  I don’t think so.

lots of unproven guys as well that he is banking on mega growth from

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Cook is extremely underrated. Dude was only #6 in yards from scrimmage last year. No big deal.

Had six drops on 53 targets including at least two TD's.  A 12% drop rate is bad.  Lack of TD's hurt him too.  Plus, only two running backs (McCaffrey and Henry) made the list.

• Agree 2

Taron is top 100.  He's the best nickel in the league.

You just can't include Milano as we have no idea how he will come back from injury.  Before the injury he was top 100 and playing at an All-Pro level.

We have a lot of guys that are just outside the top 100 - Dawkins, Cook, Oliver, Jones(top 3 1 tech DT), Douglas.  Kincaid and Torrence both will be top 100 by the end of the year.  Bernard might have a shot as well. 

• Like (+1) 1