Pete Prisco's Top 100 NFL Players

jahnyc

Prisco only has one player on the Bills (Josh Allen) in his top 100 NFL players for 2024.  Not surprising, and probably consistent with the view that the Bills have a number of solid players but only Josh Allen as a true blue chip caliber player.

• Agree 2

Beane is an A+ general manager in terms of constructing a solid top-to-bottom roster.  But he has struggled mightily to get elite talent. I think that is part of the reason he swung for the fences with Von Miller.

The Chiefs have 4 legitimate All-Star players in Mahomes, Jones, Kelce, and McDuffie.

Bengals have Burrow, Chase, and Hendrickson.

We just have Allen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Bills have a lot of players that would probably be honorable mentions, or just outside the top 100. Milano, Cook, Dawkins, Oliver. And also maybe some more if you go purely off of last season’s performance, like Douglas and Bernard.

I will be very surprised personally if Kincaid isn’t on these lists next year.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Valid criticism of Beane.

I don’t think it’s unfair as we bring this up every year, how KC difference makers that show up when it matters in Kelce & Jones.  Two guys we haven’t had since Josh’s emergence. 

What Beane has done is build a strong roster that probably is loaded in the 100-250 range.

Kincaid, Milano & Oliver are our best hopes for Top 100 guys this year.  Kincaid I think gets there, Milano would be there if not for injury uncertainty and Oliver has the ability but until he shows up in the playoffs it’s tough to make the argument. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Valid criticism of Beane.

I don’t think it’s unfair as we bring this up every year, how KC difference makers that show up when it matters in Kelce & Jones.  Two guys we haven’t had since Josh’s emergence. 

What Beane has done is build a strong roster that probably is loaded in the 100-250 range.

Kincaid, Milano & Oliver are our best hopes for Top 100 guys this year.  Kincaid I think gets there, Milano would be there if not for injury uncertainty and Oliver has the ability but until he shows up in the playoffs it’s tough to make the argument. 

How is it a valid criticism of Beane that Oliver disappears in the playoffs?

• Dislike 1

I'm not going to take shots at Beane because he only has one player in the Top 6 percentile.

An Athletic article has the Bills with the 4th best roster in the league. One can quibble with it, but it is in the ballpark. Good job Beane.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5421480/2024/04/18/nfl-draft-2024-roster-rankings-projections/

or maybe this link https://12ft.io/https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5421480/2024/04/18/nfl-draft-2024-roster-rankings-projections/

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

How is it a valid criticism of Beane that Oliver disappears in the playoffs?

The lack of “elite” players around Allen.. specifically those who step up in the postseason. 

Which Beane himself recognizes, as he has revised his process this year to heavily weight playoff performance. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The lack of “elite” players around Allen.. specifically those who step up in the postseason. 

Which Beane himself recognizes, as he has revised his process this year to heavily weight playoff performance. 

'stepping up in the postseason' is not the purview of the GM

The fact that these otherwise very talented players cannot get it done in the playoffs is not a referendum on the GM 

Oliver is a top 5ish DT. Milano a top 3 LB at his spot, ditto Taron Johnson. There is plenty of talent.