Dalton Kincaid/Dawson Knox.....over/under 110 combined receptions??

Dalton Kincaid/Dawson Knox.....over/under 110 combined receptions??  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Over or Under?

• Over
    • Under

Glad to see so many on this board so upbeat about the TE position!

I've seen many people say they think Kincaid can get 110 receptions on his own.....while I think there is a decent chance he gets to 100, that is still a big ask for a 2nd year TE.....I would consider 80-90 receptions a successful season for Dalton.

I believe Kincaid and Knox have the talent to put up big numbers, I just hope Brady can create an offense that gets the most out of these guys, and really makes Kincaid the centerpiece weapon after the departure of Diggs. 

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Easy over.

How would you like your eggs? 😉

10 hours ago, US Egg said:

[participates in thread]

There was a perfectly good egg joke to be had here. Out of every single person who ever participated in this forum, you are the one who should have been most equipped to see that joke! 😮

3 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

How would you like your eggs? 😉

There was a perfectly good egg joke to be had here. Out of every single person who ever participated in this forum, you are the one who should have been most equipped to see that joke! 😮

giphy.gif

It really is hard to predict Kincaid's catch number. So many new parts, you really don't know how the targets are going to be distributed. I could see Kincaid catching 75 balls and then Shakir, Samuel and Keon all catching around 60-65. Who knows with MVS and Claypool. Maybe around 35 each? I don't think we'll anyone catch 90+. I feel like the ball is going to be spread out A LOT this year, which I love. Makes it hard on the defense. 

22 hours ago, Beast said:

There have only been 11 times a tight end has caught 100 passes in a season and Kelce owns 3 of those 11. I think that number (110) is right about where it should be for the two combined.

Fair enough, but there are a lot more who've gotten 90 in a year and that's my rough guess for Kincaid. 

I'd take the over every time on this.

Particularly when Kincaid managed 73 last year in a season when during the first 6 weeks he only had 17 (2.83 per game) but in the last eleven, he managed 56 (5.09 per game). 

And 5.09 per game multiplied by 17 is 86.5 per game. So he was already going at a nearly 90 reception pace for the last 11 weeks.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Brady should have Knox targeted a couple times a game as the odd man not covered.  Keeping Knox in to block and then letting

him slip out could be big gainers and I expect that to be the case.  Knox will also have the opportunity to be a checkdown for Josh

when the others are covered and time in the pocket is running out.

That comes to Knox getting 2 catches a game minimum.  So, 35-40 catches for the season are reasonable IF he stays healthy.

How Dawson is used this season is a big interest to me.  Brady has to use these 2 TEs correctly!

Kincaid will get more than his 73 receptions last season which means the OVER is the pick.

I think the offense runs through Kincaid somewhere in the 150 target range. So over for me. I expect big things from Kincaid especially if he and Allen can get on the same page about leading Kincaid away from defenders in soft zones allowing for good run after catch.

On 6/22/2024 at 3:23 PM, NewEra said:

I think it’s the opposite-  I think we can go over 110 if Kincaid plays in 17 games and knox missed the entire season

Kincaid is the only one that needs to stay healthy to hit 110

Well, what I meant was that we need both Kincaid and Knox to stay healthy because I don't think Kincaid is getting that many targets, although if nobody else steps up, he very well could be Allen's favorite target.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Well, what I meant was that we need both Kincaid and Knox to stay healthy because I don't think Kincaid is getting that many targets, although if nobody else steps up, he very well could be Allen's favorite target.

I hear ya

i think Kincaid is going to lead the team in targets by a fair margin.  I also think that Quinton Morris is a solid receiving threat and, if knox is injured, could step in and catch 15-20 passes if used.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.