RIP Donald Sutherland

Mark Vader

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Wow, what a loss. He played some great roles, and made the most of them. 

RIP

1 minute ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Just saw that. His films were a big part of my early adult-hood.

What a career.

Did not matter if times had changed or whatever, he was always finding roles to play.

From "M*A*S*H, to "Klute", to "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", to "Ordinary People" to "Disclosure", to "The Hunger Games".

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

What a career.

Did not matter if times had changed or whatever, he was always finding roles to play.

From "M*A*S*H, to "Klute", to "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", to "Ordinary People" to "Disclosure", to "The Hunger Games".

Still remember seeing Kelly’s Heroes at the drive-in in Hamburg with our next door neighbors. That’s the first role I thought of, but there are so many. Positive vibes!!! 

• Like (+1) 5

53 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

What a career.

Don't forget Animal House. One of his biggest mistakes. Not by taking the roll, but by taking a $40,000 fee rather than a percentage of gross, which would have ended up in the 30-40 million range!

RIP, thanks for your contributions to entertainment.

• Like (+1) 3

the true barometer of how great an actor he was is to read the movies listed in this thread. Many different. and no one mentioned Backdraft yet

He was Primo evil brilliant character in it. Watch it if you haven't seen it. It is superb

RIP

😔

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, muppy said:

the true barometer of how great an actor he was is to read the movies listed in this thread. Many different. and no one mentioned Backdraft yet

He was Primo evil brilliant character in it. Watch it if you haven't seen it. It is superb

RIP

😔

I remember watching the Italian Job with our boys at home. Good movie, good memory. 

59 minutes ago, muppy said:

RIP

😔

I'm in the minority when it comes to Backdraft, unimpressed. Ron Howard as a director is more miss than hit.

I do get what you mean about Sutherland's small part in that movie.

16 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I do get what you mean about Sutherland's small part in that movie.

it was his eyes that really drew me into his character. I just loved his performance. It's like picking from a box of really good chocolates. So many options to choose 🙂

It would have been fun to see him play Bill Walton.  😂 

EDIT: as a character, or as a Rich Eisen style sporting challenge. 

Edited by Augie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.