Supreme Court decisions.

Just now, SCBills said:

The state of the left in 2024

Crying whenever government power over our lives is limited. 

Corporations are not your friends, kiddo. Enjoy another Love Canal incident. 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I’ll put this nicely - f you straight to hell. This is the death knell for any enforcement of the clean air act and other federal statutes, all because conservatives are pathetic pissbabies afraid of their own shadows. 

“big government.”

***** all the way off. I’m furious. this is a disastrous ruling erasing 40 years of legal precedent. 

You're unstable.

• Agree 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Corporations are not your friends, kiddo

Correct, they’re another power structure that can win over modern day Dems by throwing out some DEI slop and turning their social media into a rainbow spectacle for Pride month.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScotSHO said:

You're unstable.

Do you understand the implications of this ruling and how we effectively have gimped legislation like the Clean Air Act?

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Correct, they’re another power structure that can win over modern day Dems by throwing out some DEI slop and turning their social media into a rainbow spectacle for Pride month.  

Or dump toxic pollutants into the water, and now the EPA has lost a gigantic part of its authority to stop that. But hey, small government!!!*

*unless you’re transgender 

• Disagree 1

Do you understand the implications of this ruling and how we effectively have gimped legislation like the Clean Air Act?

I do.  Maybe make a real law like School House Rock instead of doing an Obama end around?

• Agree 4

You do not seem to understand what the ruling is about.

Gorsuch writes that "Today, the Court places a tombstone on Chevron no one can miss.

In doing so, the Court returns judges to interpretive rules that have guided federal courts since the Nation's founding."

Government agencies cannot decide their own interpretations of the law, the courts should.

That's it.

Your "evil corporations" scarecrow is not apt.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

I do.  Maybe make a real law like School House Rock instead of doing an Obama end around?

Congress created agencies to specifically address gaps and vagueness in laws. That’s their purpose. You gonna write a law that addresses every single possible nuance in an act? 

No , this is just another extension of Reaganites’ pitiful campaign of deregulation, because to them it’s still 1820 and the steam engine hasn’t been invented yet. 

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

You do not seem to understand what the ruling is about.

Gorsuch writes that "Today, the Court places a tombstone on Chevron no one can miss.

In doing so, the Court returns judges to interpretive rules that have guided federal courts since the Nation's founding."

Government agencies cannot decide their own interpretations of the law, the courts should.

That's it.

Your "evil corporations" scarecrow is not apt.

See my above post. 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, ScotSHO said:

I like unelected, unaccountable people governing every aspect of my life.  - Roundperson

How did these agencies exist? Did they fall from the sky?

No, they were created by acts of Congress, chosen by the people. 

And they have congressional oversight over the agencies so don’t give me this. 

It’s conservative fearmongering, that’s all it is. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Your liberal Love Canal fear mongering is over the top.  RELAX.  Trust the system.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScotSHO said:

Your liberal Love Canal fear mongering is over the top.  RELAX.  Trust the system.

We’re making government less efficient in an era where we need MORE efficiency and faster reactions to situations. 

11 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Roundy approves of unelected bureaucrats making laws?

Im shocked. So out of character for a Marxist.

They’re appointed by Congress, I.e. the citizens. They don’t just magically appear out of the sky. 

Do you get off every time you call someone a “Marxist” by the way? It makes you look pretty uneducated.

Edited by Roundybout
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

They’re appointed by Congress, I.e. the citizens. They don’t just magically appear out of the sky. 

Do you get off every time you call someone a “Marxist” by the way? It makes you look pretty uneducated.

And your posting kinda makes your story about your education, seem like bs.  

The clean air act was lobbied hard by corporations and has led to an entire sector that the same companies benefit from.  

Lol at the tears 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I’ll put this nicely - f you straight to hell. This is the death knell for any enforcement of the clean air act and other federal statutes, all because conservatives are pathetic pissbabies afraid of their own shadows. 

“big government.”

***** all the way off. I’m furious. this is a disastrous ruling erasing 40 years of legal precedent. 

Blame this on the govt agencies that have abused the authority this gave them. Student loan relief being the latest example.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Pokebball said:

Blame this on the govt agencies that have abused the authority this gave them. Student loan relief being the latest example.

28 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Sounds like an easy way to cot some cost.  

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

J6 ruling interesting due to the makeup of the decision. 

ACB dissenting, while KBJ joins the majority. 

Agreed, ACB also ruled with the liberals on the earlier EPA ruling. Interesting.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Sounds like an easy way to cot some cost.  

Or take power away from people with expertise and give it to idiots in regional circuit courts 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

TRUTH

Supreme Court Strikes Devastating Blow to Power of Federal Agencies in Landmark Ruling

By ZACH KESSEL

Supreme-Court-Building.jpg?resize=789,46

The Supreme Court on Friday issued a ruling overturning the 1984 Chevron v. National Resources Defense Council case, striking down a previous decision that granted federal agencies immensely broad power to draw up regulations without congressional approval.

The Court ruled in both Loper Bright Enterprises v. Raimondo and Relentless v. Department of Commerce — two nearly identical cases — that regulatory agencies will no longer be able to fill in the blanks of vague legislation in 6-2 and 6-3 decisions, respectively. Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson recused herself from the first case because she sat on the federal appeals court that had previously heard the case.

In his majority opinion, Chief Justice John Roberts wrote that it is not the place of agencies to clarify ambiguous legislation.

“Perhaps most fundamentally, Chevron’s presumption is misguided because agencies have no special competence in resolving statutory ambiguities,” he wrote. “Courts do. The Framers, as noted, anticipated that courts would often confront statutory ambiguities and expected that courts would resolve them by exercising independent legal judgment.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/supreme-court-strikes-devastating-blow-to-power-of-federal-agencies-in-landmark-ruling/

ADDED:

The Court announced that there will be one more opinion day, Monday, July 1st

Edited by B-Man
  • Thank you (+1) 1