Requiring the Ten Commandments In Public School Violates First Amemndment

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I'm sure that's true, the issue I have with this story is the why, because in my understanding God is omnipotent so the test is pointless they already know the answer, so is it simply to prove it to the devil?

I thought it was the old trope - everything happens for a reason.  But I agree with you, that reason sucks a fat one.  We lost an 7 year old niece to an aggressive form of brain cancer; that makes you question a God that pulls that crap.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I'm sure that's true, the issue I have with this story is the why, because in my understanding God is omnipotent so the test is pointless they already know the answer, so is it simply to prove it to the devil?

God is not omnipotent in that sense. We all have free will, we can make our own choices. He wants us to serve him but doesn’t force us to. In his wisdom he can foresee what might most likely happen but how does he know what we will do? We could lead a debouched life for decades and change. 
 In the garden of Eden Satan basically challenged Gods right to rule us. God could have destroyed Adam and Eve but humans are not the only ones watching. The angels were all watching. Was Satan right? God is letting it play out. In the book of Job Satan again challenged jobs integrity saying he only serves God because good protects him and made him prosper. Good let satan put job to the test to see. Satan couldn’t kill job. The first test was losing all his possessions. Stan still said job would curse God if jobs life was affected. God let satan affect his health only not kill him. Job passed the test again. Even jobs wife told him to curse God and die. He wouldn’t do it. That was a test by a man played out before Satan and all the heavenly angles and job has a book in the Bible cannon about his integrity. This life is only temporary. God has a plan and all Satan has done good will undo. You guys are blaming the wrong God. All these problems on earth are a result of satan! God has a plan, he has a timetable, he will undo all this mess! We need to exercise faith and have patience. Does the pot  tell the potter how to make him? Mankind rebelled against God, God didn’t rebel against us. Job kept his integrity and proved satan a liar. He will be resurrected along with all his children and have eternal life in perfect health and happiness!

Edited by 4th&long
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m sure this will make those 6-12 year old kids whose families practice other religions - who are likely already ostracized for it - feel way more comfortable in school. 

What is the goal here? Well, we know what the goal is, but no one wants to say that part out loud. 

If the Supreme Court won’t ban bump stocks because they can “only” shoot 600 rounds a minute, and not the 900 required to be an automatic weapon, I’m honestly not so sure they’ll overturn this most blatant violation of separation of church and state. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Commsvet11 said:

Seems like someone doesn’t understand the book of Job very well.

What is there to understand.  The universe shites on Job and he accepts it and goes on.  Sounds like a damn good idea for MAGAs

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

On 6/20/2024 at 9:52 AM, Tiberius said:

Well, Trump violates that one almost every single time he speaks, so no real equivalency there. Not even close

Your so full of s**t keep your blinders on and focus on only 1 thing your bias - A hole !!

It doesn't matter that Joe lied about the Vaccine, lied about Hunter, Lied about not having anything to do with his sons business dealings, Lied about knowing nothing about any monies from those dealing, lied about having all his stolen documents that he shouldn't have had taken as "Vice President" in a secure locked place being a card board box or all of the lies he told about his plagiarism and forgetting to give due to others for it .

BUT NONE OF THAT COUNTS  DON'T BRING ANY OF THAT UP RIGHT TIBS !!! ONLY WHAT IS YOUR BS BIAS FOCUS ONLY ON YOUR BS !!!! 

NOT EVEN CLOSE !!!! FU ...

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, T master said:

Your so full of s**t keep your blinders on and focus on only 1 thing your bias - A hole !!

It doesn't matter that Joe lied about the Vaccine, lied about Hunter, Lied about not having anything to do with his sons business dealings, Lied about knowing nothing about any monies from those dealing, lied about having all his stolen documents that he shouldn't have had taken as "Vice President" in a secure locked place being a card board box or all of the lies he told about his plagiarism and forgetting to give due to others for it .

BUT NONE OF THAT COUNTS  DON'T BRING ANY OF THAT UP RIGHT TIBS !!! ONLY WHAT IS YOUR BS BIAS FOCUS ONLY ON YOUR BS !!!! 

NOT EVEN CLOSE !!!! FU ...

Well, this is a pretty nasty post directed at me! What the hell is wrong with you, buddy? Not having a good day? Were your pills you bought on the street not what you wanted? 

I feel sorry for you, I really do. Poor thing 

22 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Well, this is a pretty nasty post directed at me! What the hell is wrong with you, buddy? Not having a good day? Were your pills you bought on the street not what you wanted? 

I feel sorry for you, I really do. Poor thing 

I don't need any sympathy from a flaming lib so save it ! It's just because your a complete A Hole that has no common sense and a huge part of why this country is in the S**tter like it is . 

52 minutes ago, T master said:

I don't need any sympathy from a flaming lib so save it ! It's just because your a complete A Hole that has no common sense and a huge part of why this country is in the S**tter like it is . 

In other words, it is a sh!thole, but it is our shi!thole.

Not the way I view patriotism, but to each his own.