Post Your Fav “Go Bills” Moments Here! (Includes Poll).

When wearing Bills gear out and about, I can expect to receive X number of “Go Bills” my way in a given day…  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How many “Go Bills” will I get in a given day?

• 8-10
    • 5-7
    • 2-4
    • 0-1

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Post Your Fav “Go Bills” Moments Here! (Includes Poll).
21 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The funny thing is I live in Tampa and whenever I ear Bills gear (usually on the weekend as I’m in scrubs all week), 0

people inevitably chime out “Go Bills”.  My girlfriend live in my Bills t-shirts over the weekend.  She told me although she’s never been to an NFL game or even saw one on tv, she’d adopt them.  The hook is I have to teach her the NFL game.  She’s coming in September with myself and my boys as well as nephews and cousins to the game.

My wife is from Milan, Italy (Milano, in Italian). After more than a quarter century with me, she still doesn't get football ("Why do the fat guys jump on top of each other?" 🙄). But last year I had the brilliant idea of getting her a white #58 jersey with her "hometown" on the back. The kids told me I was nuts (they were right ...)

As for "Go Bills", I wear a Bills hat pretty much every morning at the dog park across from my house here in Boston. I saw a little kid the other day with "Bills" on his shirt in big blue block letters. I yelled out, 'Yeah little buddy, go BILLS!". His mom gave me a sour look, told me "It's his flag football team" and hustled him away from scary me and my dog. ... But plenty of other WNY transplants and students here in town; I meet folks with Bills gear probably twice a week, usually prompted by a "Go Bills" salutation. 😃

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I live and work in NE so not exactly Bill's country.  I manage all the vendor deliveries for a large store so it's all truck drivers and delivery drivers all day long.  Every now and then someone will pop in with a Bill's hat or some gear and we'll talk some football for a minute or two.  Little known fact, or so I've been told, but the Giants were the original NE team before the Patriots existed.  Many of the older folks up here are Giants fans.  

I never get a "Go Bills in Rochester or Buffalo, but when I travel....  Vegas, San Diego, Nawlins, Salt Lake, Chicago, Baltimore, DC, etc.  The Strip in front of the Fountains at Bellagio is my favorite place for Go Bills.  The Palms Sports Book is also awesome.

21 hours ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

I'm from Kansas, and I always wear my Bills hat when I go around from place to place. I have a Bills tag on my car, and wear Bills gear quite a bit. I remember a couple of years ago being in New Zealand, and we were waiting in a line of backed up traffic, so I got out of the vehicle for a minute to stretch, and some guy from about five cars back, yells "Go Bills" really loud, and so that was pretty cool. On that same trip, I also met a person who was visiting New Zealand, who was actually from the Buffalo area, and he was decked out in his Bills gear as well, so we had a nice chat. I also remember being in Hawaii a few years ago, and meeting someone at a bar and grill with his Bills hat on, so you see Bills fans everywhere. 

Whenever I see a Bills sticker or license plate bracket on the Highway, I always pull up next to them and flash my Bills hat.  ALWAYS get a smile and thumbs up back!

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Augie said:

I think we’ve found all the people who left WNY!  😂

We moved to Sarasota in 1993, and my parents came to visit. We went to dinner Saturday night and my parents ran into a couple they used to work with. We went to church Sunday morning and they ran into more people they knew. I then take him to a serious dive bar to see the Bills game on giant projection screens and the place is almost pitch black. (Cabana Inn for anyone familiar.) My dad stands up to go to the restroom and bumps into a guy he hadn’t seen since high school 50 years earlier! And somehow they recognized each other in the dark after all that time. 

That was all within 24 hours. 

Did they exchange a Go Bills at the semi-circle sink where they were taking a leak? 

😁

15 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I took my family to Disney World and Universal Orlando last month (spent 10 days total there between the two parks).

Wore my Bills cap a few of the days and got quite a few “GO BILLS!”

However, the most memorable one by far was when we were walking past the “Whopper Bar” at Universal’s CityWalk (I was wearing aforementioned cap plus a blue Bills t-shirt that day), and I hear someone absolutely pounding on the window that we were passing.  I look up and there’s a guy inside there pointing to my shirt and mouthing “GO BILLS!”. He looked semi-deranged but I loved it 😂

Aren't we all semi deranged. 

🥸

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 2

I live on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay (beautiful area) and I have my Bills and Bills Mafia stickers along with my Buffalo Bills license plate holder on my SUV. I get people all the time greeting me with “Go Bills”! My favorite was when I was driving on I 10 when a vehicle from Louisiana pulled up next to me and was waving his Bills hat at me (at 70 mph). Go Bills!🏈

I went to a Bills game in New Orleans a couple of years ago. Bills fans took that city over. I got hundreds of "Go Bills". New Orleans fans were good sports, but I think they were a little shocked how many Bills fans there were. And the Bills stomped the Saints, so it was a great time.

I live in Louisiana. I'll get the occasional "Go Bills", but it is not a daily thing.

there are a lot of Bills fans in socal. But there are a lot of everyone else too. So seeing a Bills fan wearing Bills swag is not really that common.

My buddy who drives for Uber says he meets people in his car and his clients make mention because he always wears a Bills hat. 🙂

when I get a GO BILLS it makes my day 🙂

my fav GO BILLS moment was after the Bills beat the Raiders at the LA coliseum there hubby and I were in our Home #78 and #12 jerseys. We waited for the crowd to die down . Went closer to the field and saw Thurman Thomas, who was close enough to hear us. We shouted at him HEY THURMAN GO BILLS WoooooooT. He looked up and raised his fist in salute.

I Loved it 🙂

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'm in North Jersey like 10 min from MetLife, so it's heavily Giants/Jets.

I rock Bills gear all the time, I never got a Go Bills but saw 1 person my whole life in Bills gear and both of us were pumped up. It was a 5 min conversation , just cause how rare it is

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/20/2024 at 10:04 AM, boater said:

I live in Buffalo. When I go out with my Bills ballcap*, no one says anything. I'm OK with that.

* spell checker doesn't like ballcap as one word, but I Googled and it is one word

I think it's funny whenever I go visit Buffalo the first day I see people in Bills gear and my first reaction is wow a Bills fan and to say 'Go Bills!' then I realize where I am 😛

The other fun thing is when I'm driving and someone passes me and is gesturing and giving thumbs up and I'm thinking wtf then realize they saw the Bills sticker on my car

Was at the beach this weekend in NC - kid next to us had a Bills hat - talked to his Dad who grew up in NC, but his Father was from Buffalo - those are the ones I like the best the fans that go through generations growing up outside of Buffalo

sand.thumb.jpg.231c637496eba6bba3b7fc29745b8bbf.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lisbon, Portugal and Marrakesh, Morocco and Lima, Peru are my most exotic "Go Bills".

I always get very slightly annoyed when I say "Go Bills" and the other person doesn't respond the same.  Silly I know, but it does non the less....Kinda like when someone calls a pizza a "pie".  Slightly annoyed.......

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/20/2024 at 2:45 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I feel like the Mafia travels quite well. 😁

Yes, we travel very well. It helps that we have outposts or “hubs” all over the country! WE are America’s Team!  

😋

• Agree 1

I had 2 incredible Go Bills moments in 2014 when my daughter decided to go the University of Iceland as her semester abroad. My wife and I decided to make a 2 week vacation of dropping her off in Iceland in August.  Upon arriving, we took a bus into Reykjavik and ended up at a train station nearby to where we had rented an apartment.  It was the same night the Bills were playing a preseason game against Carolina. Of course, I had a Bills hat on.  I went into the train station to ask for directions to my apartment. I approached an employee and before I could say anything, he said, sir, I have to show you something.  He turned his computer display around so I could see it  and there was the Bills Steelers game live on the internet.  He looked at me and said Go Bills. I said go Bills and asked him if he was from Buffalo. He said no, I’m Icelandic and have loved the Bills since the late 80s. We went on to talk about Kelly, Thurman, Reed, Bruce, etc. He went on to tell me I was the first person from Buffalo he had met. I asked what site he was using to watch the game and he gave me the URL. I used it to watch the final preseason game vs Carolina. 

The second incredible moment in Iceland occurred on a day when I had my winter Bills jacket on (free gift for purchasing the NFL ticket the first year it was offered). As I walked downtown in Reykjavik one day I heard someone yell Go Bills. Sure enough, it was someone from Buffalo. We talked and realized we were both from South Buffalo and knew some of the same people.  

Given that I’m always wearing Bills stuff and travel a lot, I have lots of great random Go Bills moments. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Wearing my Bills hat and walked into Starbucks to get coffee here in Clarksville, Tennessee. A young girl bought my coffee stating she was a Bills fan from North Tonawanda, NY. Her father grew up on the street I grew up on, pretty cool!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BucketList said:

I had 2 incredible Go Bills moments in 2014 when my daughter decided to go the University of Iceland as her semester abroad. My wife and I decided to make a 2 week vacation of dropping her off in Iceland in August.  Upon arriving, we took a bus into Reykjavik and ended up at a train station nearby to where we had rented an apartment.  It was the same night the Bills were playing a preseason game against Carolina. Of course, I had a Bills hat on.  I went into the train station to ask for directions to my apartment. I approached an employee and before I could say anything, he said, sir, I have to show you something.  He turned his computer display around so I could see it  and there was the Bills Steelers game live on the internet.  He looked at me and said Go Bills. I said go Bills and asked him if he was from Buffalo. He said no, I’m Icelandic and have loved the Bills since the late 80s. We went on to talk about Kelly, Thurman, Reed, Bruce, etc. He went on to tell me I was the first person from Buffalo he had met. I asked what site he was using to watch the game and he gave me the URL. I used it to watch the final preseason game vs Carolina. 

The second incredible moment in Iceland occurred on a day when I had my winter Bills jacket on (free gift for purchasing the NFL ticket the first year it was offered). As I walked downtown in Reykjavik one day I heard someone yell Go Bills. Sure enough, it was someone from Buffalo. We talked and realized we were both from South Buffalo and knew some of the same people.  

Given that I’m always wearing Bills stuff and travel a lot, I have lots of great random Go Bills moments. 

Those conversations are always a blast too.  Six degrees of separation is a legit thing in WNY! 

• Like (+1) 1