Post Your Fav “Go Bills” Moments Here! (Includes Poll).

When wearing Bills gear out and about, I can expect to receive X number of “Go Bills” my way in a given day…  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How many “Go Bills” will I get in a given day?

• 8-10
    • 5-7
    • 2-4
    • 0-1

Post your funny, unexpected, heartwarming or normal “Go Bills” interactions with random folks you come across while rocking the gear of our beloved Bills…

I wonder as an out-of-towner if this resonates more for me in how often this happens outside of New York and far from Buffalo proper, helping me to feel a part of this community in a tangible way, or if those of you still in Buffalo feel the same way regardless? 

One of my favorites has to be last year right after the KC game in KC for my son’s first real Bills game, where the home crowd was incensed over the penalty to take away Kelce’s throw back TD late. I was exchanging almost guiltily, muted “go Bills” with other brethren and gals in the concourse walking out, who would flash a quick smile my way in passing knowing we’d just slain the regular season KC dragon again…good stuff! 

Also vote in the poll how often you hear go Bills out and about where you live!

• Like (+1) 2

Living in Atlanta I may or may not get a Go Bills. We were in Hilton Head a few weeks ago and I got 5-6 one day. The next day I saw a guy with a Bills hat and he said he’d had 5-6 people already give him a Go Bills. I told him that sounded about right. 

We were in Italy last year taking a small boat with 4-5 other couples to and around Capri. We are all aboard, but one couple is running late and we have to sit in the marina until they showed up. I try to be very punctual, to the point of erring on getting there stupidly early, so I’m getting annoyed. The last couple arrives, and he’s wearing a Bills shirt. No more angst, we hit it off! 

I saw a young boy last week wearing a Falcons shirt in ATL, a somewhat rare sighting. It occurred to me that I may see as much Bills gear  in ATL as I do Falcons gear. You’ll see UGA, GT or ‘Bama stuff everywhere, but the Falcons are an afterthought. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I live in Beaufort SC, it ranges from zero to four or five in a day, it’s  somewhat random…,

• Like (+1) 1

I live in Buffalo. When I go out with my Bills ballcap*, no one says anything. I'm OK with that.

* spell checker doesn't like ballcap as one word, but I Googled and it is one word

• Like (+1) 2

I wore a Bills shirt on a cruise one time. You’ve probably seen the blue tee shirt with the red buffalo on the chest. Someone came up and said something about the Bills, and an older lady who was part of our group said “Oh, that explains it, I thought you must really like your Red Bull!” 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Living in Atlanta I may or may not get a Go Bills. We were in Hilton Head a few weeks ago and I got 5-6 one day. The next day I saw a guy with a Bills hat and he said he’d had 5-6 people already give him a Go Bills. I told him that sounded about right. 

We were in Italy last year taking a small boat with 4-5 other couples to and around Capri. We are all aboard, but one couple is running late and we have to sit in the marina until they showed up. I try to be very punctual, to the point of erring on getting there stupidly early, so I’m getting annoyed. The last couple arrives, and he’s wearing a Bills shirt. No more angst, we hit it off! 

I saw a young boy last week wearing a Falcons shirt in ATL, a somewhat rare sighting. It occurred to me that I may see as much Bills gear  in ATL as I do Falcons gear. You’ll see UGA, GT or ‘Bama stuff everywhere, but the Falcons are an afterthought. 

It’s crazy how weak the local support for the Falcons is here—I know of literally one passionate fan in my circle of contacts, and I’ve lived here for going on 22 years…we should take over Mercedes Benz Stadium next year when the Bills come to town! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The funny thing is I live in Tampa and whenever I ear Bills gear (usually on the weekend as I’m in scrubs all week), 0

people inevitably chime out “Go Bills”.  My girlfriend live in my Bills t-shirts over the weekend.  She told me although she’s never been to an NFL game or even saw one on tv, she’d adopt them.  The hook is I have to teach her the NFL game.  She’s coming in September with myself and my boys as well as nephews and cousins to the game.

Were lucky as she is tight with McDermott’s admin as my sister has been with the Sabres for 25 years.  She always finds a way to get us tix when it’s impossible.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

The funny thing is I live in Tampa and whenever I ear Bills gear (usually on the weekend as I’m in scrubs all week), 0

people inevitably chime out “Go Bills”.  My girlfriend live in my Bills t-shirts over the weekend.  She told me although she’s never been to an NFL game or even saw one on tv, she’d adopt them.  The hook is I have to teach her the NFL game.  She’s coming in September with myself and my boys as well as nephews and cousins to the game.

Were lucky as she is tight with McDermott’s admin as my sister has been with the Sabres for 25 years.  She always finds a way to get us tix when it’s impossible.

Photos or we don't believe you, MGK.

👀

Just kidding, brother.   That's great, too, that you are coming back up for a game.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm from Kansas, and I always wear my Bills hat when I go around from place to place. I have a Bills tag on my car, and wear Bills gear quite a bit. I remember a couple of years ago being in New Zealand, and we were waiting in a line of backed up traffic, so I got out of the vehicle for a minute to stretch, and some guy from about five cars back, yells "Go Bills" really loud, and so that was pretty cool. On that same trip, I also met a person who was visiting New Zealand, who was actually from the Buffalo area, and he was decked out in his Bills gear as well, so we had a nice chat. I also remember being in Hawaii a few years ago, and meeting someone at a bar and grill with his Bills hat on, so you see Bills fans everywhere. 

Edited by Let's Go Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My favorite Go Bills moment? Thats an easy one. At our daughter’s wedding I ended my Father of the Bride speech by telling my new, Southern California born and raised son-in-law that the secret to their freshly minted happy marriage was to always remember these four words: “Yes Dear and …Go Bills!”

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I think we’ve found all the people who left WNY!  😂

We moved to Sarasota in 1993, and my parents came to visit. We went to dinner Saturday night and my parents ran into a couple they used to work with. We went to church Sunday morning and they ran into more people they knew. I then take him to a serious dive bar to see the Bills game on giant projection screens and the place is almost pitch black. (Cabana Inn for anyone familiar.) My dad stands up to go to the restroom and bumps into a guy he hadn’t seen since high school 50 years earlier! And somehow they recognized each other in the dark after all that time. 

That was all within 24 hours. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think we’ve found all the people who left WNY!  😂

We moved to Sarasota in 1993, and my parents came to visit. We went to dinner Saturday night and my parents ran into a couple they used to work with. We went to church Sunday morning and they ran into more people they knew. I then take him to a serious dive bar to see the Bills game on giant projection screens and the place is almost pitch black. (Cabana Inn for anyone familiar.) My dad stands up to go to the restroom and bumps into a guy he hadn’t seen since high school 50 years earlier! And somehow they recognized each other in the dark after all that time. 

That was all within 24 hours. 

I feel like the Mafia travels quite well. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

Not quite a "GO BILLS!" moment, but it was something I'll never forget.

Back in the mid-to-late 90's I was at Disneyland. One night in Toon Town the characters were having fun with what was left of the crowd.

Dale, of Chip 'N Dale, took my Starter Bills jacket that I had draped over my chair and put it on. I'll never know how it fit him, but it did.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I took my family to Disney World and Universal Orlando last month (spent 10 days total there between the two parks).

Wore my Bills cap a few of the days and got quite a few “GO BILLS!”

However, the most memorable one by far was when we were walking past the “Whopper Bar” at Universal’s CityWalk (I was wearing aforementioned cap plus a blue Bills t-shirt that day), and I hear someone absolutely pounding on the window that we were passing.  I look up and there’s a guy inside there pointing to my shirt and mouthing “GO BILLS!”. He looked semi-deranged but I loved it 😂

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We are everywhere.

A couple years ago we flew through Amsterdam Schiphol airlort. We saw two separate Bills fans and hit them with Let’s Go Buffalo and got some enthusiastic returns. 
  It was cool and surprising at the same time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I got a "Go Bills!" in the Philippines once - though from a fellow American.

Once in little Gig Harbor, WA, a guy kept beeping his horn at me as I drove down the street.  So I pulled over wondering what the heck was going on.  He was a Bills fan and saw my stickers.  We talked congenially for a while and ended the conversation with, "Go Bills!"

Eating at a restaurant in Morgan Hill, California, the couple at the next table said "Go Bills" when they saw my Bills iPhone case.  They were friends of the Allen family and had become Bills fans when Josh was drafted.  

Here on the West Coast, I hear "Go Bills" maybe about once a month.  More - much more - if I go to Bills Backers bars on game day.  

• Thank you (+1) 1