Von Miller/Epenesa/Groot.......over/under 20 combined sacks??

39 minutes ago, TPS said:

The last two seasons AJE got 6.5 sacks per, with snap counts of 36%.  I'd expect him to get a little over 50% of the snap counts this year, which would equate to 9-10 sacks.  Groot and Miller will easily combine for more than 10.  Of course, the assumption is all stay healthy.

OVER

Just like Rousseau got more sacks this year than last year because he played more snaps.

under city folks. This team hasn’t had a real pass rusher since Mario Williams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Special K said:

I guess the answer hinges on just how "back" Von Miller truly will be this season.

I feel that this trio needs to reach the over for the Bills D to be formidable enough to seriously compete in the postseason. If this trio is underperforming, a move at the trade deadline for a pass rusher(hopefully Khalil Mack) will be a necessity for the playoff push.

Thoughts??

I think Solomon will have a greater impact late in the season than most think. That said, they really need 20+ sacks from the line to be successful.  

I'll be optimistic and take the over. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Just like Rousseau got more sacks this year than last year because he played more snaps.

under city folks. This team hasn’t had a real pass rusher since Mario Williams.

I won't disagree with the second point, and I agree there are a lot of other variables outside of snap count, but...

AJE's stats are pretty consistent the past two years. I'd be willing to make a small wager that he'll get 8-10 sacks this year as long as he gets over 50% of the D snap counts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

I could see Groot getting close to 10 sacks being his 4th year. AJE & Miller just aren’t combining for 10. AJE might get 6 or 7, but Miller is washed. I’m not saying we cant get the sacks from elsewhere, but not from Von, he’ll be a healthy scratch most games.

We played terrible o-lines the first four games of last season

I’ll take the over on all of your guesses.

Bills had 54 sacks last year- 4th in the NFL!

that’s without DaQuan and Milano.  That’s with tomato cans behind Ed.  And Bills were getting pressure without blitzing

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The play of Oliver and Jones will have a significant impact on the sack total.  When they generate pressure up the middle, collapse the pocket, and force the QB to move; the DE's get some easier sack opportunities.  Losing Jones for several games last season had a big negative impact on the defense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

I’ll take the over on all of your guesses.

Bills had 54 sacks last year- 4th in the NFL!

that’s without DaQuan and Milano.  That’s with tomato cans behind Ed.  And Bills were getting pressure without blitzing

Im not saying the Bills wont get sacks, just not from Miller and probably not a lot from AJE

• Dislike 2

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'll go over. I just think people have been ridiculous in their dismissal of Von. I believe he gets 6+ sacks. That leaves 14 for Groot and AJE to cover. If healthy, I think both have proven they're good for at least 6 sacks at this stage themselves.

Over

I hear ya, “some folk” refuse to wrap their minds around that it takes a year and a half, and sometimes more to get back to peak playing performance after an ACL /knee tissue tear injury, especially when you are using that knee to play pro football, it boarders on willful ignorance. We saw Trey White go through the same duration before he was near his old self again…, 

• Agree 3

I think it all depends on Von. Groot's play was much better opposite a healthy Von. If Von can increase the pressure, that will help Groot get cleanup sacks. But maybe it goes opposite this year. Maybe Groot is the terror and Von get's the cleanup. Either way I think the over for the three.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

The play of Oliver and Jones will have a significant impact on the sack total.  When they generate pressure up the middle, collapse the pocket, and force the QB to move; the DE's get some easier sack opportunities.  Losing Jones for several games last season had a big negative impact on the defense.

Don't forget Carter our draft pick. Kid should be able to collapse the pocket.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Allen2D̶i̶g̶g̶s̶TBD said:

I think Dawuane Smoot could also get about 5 sacks this season to get 20+ total from our defensive ends.

Great point. Smoot is a stout, strong DE that is flying under the radar this year with Bills fans. He was a great signing! The "rotation" get's us over 20 no doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Von Miller would've easily had at least 14 in 2022 if it wasn't for the Thanksgiving game nightmare so that's technically not correct imo.  He was elite before the Thanksgiving curse.  Still though.  I get your point that McBeane has failed to draft a true difference maker at defensive end up to this point.

It's uncommon for a player of that age to come back from an ACL tear.  That's why he's being dismissed.

Would've, could've, should've and if are words that have encompassed Bills football for years. He's only elite if he stays healthy.  He couldn't stay healthy. It was a bold yet risky signing due to his age and unfortunately it proved a fail. Technically and physically he didn't finish the season. When we've needed him the most (playoffs) he's been unavailable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Throw in Solomon with 15 sacks and we got this easy. 

I may have a fever, don’t hold me to this.   😋

He really is a guy I am strangely intrigued to see play. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Throw in Solomon with 15 sacks and we got this easy. 

I may have a fever, don’t hold me to this.   😋

He really is a guy I am strangely intrigued to see play. 

His highlights show a Von bend. And that is who he models his play after. It may take a bit for him to breakout, but a great thing it will be if he does!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.