Von Miller/Epenesa/Groot.......over/under 20 combined sacks??

This is our best collective/deep group at DT.  That's going to make a big difference in not allowing QBs to step up in thr pocket.

Groot: this is his year to really breakout.  10-12 sacks. Safe floor is 8 IMO.

AJE: he'll get more pass rush opportunities, has been improving each year.  He's safe for 6 sacks, but I'd say he could easily get 8 if healthy.  10 tops if he takes another decent leap

Von: biggest wildcard of group.  Said earlier this offseason, that IMO Von has 1-2 good years left.  He came back way too soon LY, age/injury he won't be the same as 2022.  But he is still an 8-10 sack guy.  Safe floor is 6.

They get to 20 easily IMO.  I'd certainly hit the over.  DT improvement, hopefully 2 healthy LBs, and what could likely be a more athletic secondary.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/23/2024 at 8:42 PM, MasterStrategist said:

This is our best collective/deep group at DT.  That's going to make a big difference in not allowing QBs to step up in thr pocket.

Groot: this is his year to really breakout.  10-12 sacks. Safe floor is 8 IMO.

AJE: he'll get more pass rush opportunities, has been improving each year.  He's safe for 6 sacks, but I'd say he could easily get 8 if healthy.  10 tops if he takes another decent leap

Von: biggest wildcard of group.  Said earlier this offseason, that IMO Von has 1-2 good years left.  He came back way too soon LY, age/injury he won't be the same as 2022.  But he is still an 8-10 sack guy.  Safe floor is 6.

They get to 20 easily IMO.  I'd certainly hit the over.  DT improvement, hopefully 2 healthy LBs, and what could likely be a more athletic secondary.

This is the problem.  Your 1st round pick is good only for 8-10 sacks.  That is tough to swallow.  Same with your 2nd round pick (who was re-signed) who also is in line for 6-8 sacks.  Our bar is so low

• Eyeroll 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2024 at 7:03 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I'll go over. I just think people have been ridiculous in their dismissal of Von. I believe he gets 6+ sacks. That leaves 14 for Groot and AJE to cover. If healthy, I think both have proven they're good for at least 6 sacks at this stage themselves.

Over

To elaborate for those like @GunnerBill who think he has less than a 5% chance of making any impact whatsoever on this team:

49 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

To elaborate for those like @GunnerBill who think he has less than a 5% chance of making any impact whatsoever on this team:

Offseason fluff will not change my mind. I'd be delighted to be wrong come September. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/20/2024 at 12:21 PM, H2o said:

You want to take the over. Three guys, who are supposedly our best pass rushers, can't get over 20 combined sacks? 7 sacks a piece? One get 11 and the other two get 5? Whatever it may be, I'm not confident enough to say yes. I'm going with the under. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but nobody has reached double digits sacks on this team since Mcd arrived here. 

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but nobody has reached double digits sacks on this team since Mcd arrived here. 

Correct. Ed Oliver, last season, and Jordan Phillips in 2019 jointly hold the record with 9.5

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Billl said:

Didn’t Leonard Floyd have 10.5 last year?

Correct he did.  

I got the over.  Rousseau had 8 in 2022 and was looking better last year before he fractured his foot so my floor is 8 for him.  Epenesa has been consistent 6+ and looked great before injury.  Combined with more snaps i have 8 as a floor for him.  Then like most peeps the question is what does Von have left.  I think he gets some form back to hit the first of his incentives (4 sacks) which will be a push.  All this assumes health for 3 players that have missed games because of injuries the last 3 seasons.  Everyone gets banged up a bit but DL health has been rough at the most critical times (maybe front 7 considering LB last year).

Over.

I'm not excited by this trio and not confident in their production.  I don't think any of them will hit double-digits.  

But I think/hope/pray that combined they'll produce more than 20 sacks - though I don't think it'll be much more.  

I have no hope for Von Miller, this will be his last year here barring a massive restructure.. We’ll probably extend Groot next offseason with that money..

And I think that Oliver, Groot and Ep can easily get us 8-10 sacks apiece if they have a good year for us and I believe that these 3 guys are also very good at stopping the run as well.

Rousseau and Epenesa I’d probably give them a B+ grade overall, so long as the math works out the right way I hope they stay. 

11 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

I have no hope for Von Miller, this will be his last year here barring a massive restructure.. We’ll probably extend Groot next offseason with that money..

And I think that Oliver, Groot and Ep can easily get us 8-10 sacks apiece if they have a good year for us and I believe that these 3 guys are also very good at stopping the run as well.

Rousseau and Epenesa I’d probably give them a B+ grade overall, so long as the math works out the right way I hope they stay. 

Why don’t you have any hope for Miller? I could see setting expectations low. But no hope at all?

Just now, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Why don’t you have any hope for Miller? I could see setting expectations low. But no hope at all?

All a man’s power is generated by your legs and the torque from your hips. Von’s ACL is going to affect not just how well he moves, but how much power he can generate as well. He’s also 35. Anyone who is an old fart like me understands what that means.

On 6/20/2024 at 5:53 AM, JP51 said:

Von 7

Groot 8

Epi 6

21 over

Epi got 6 last year playing about 30% of the snaps, he’ll have a bigger role this year , 

Von - 8 

Groot breakout year - 10 

Epi - 8 

# 26 OVER !!! 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, ghostwriter said:

Miller will probably retire after back-to-back season with no production. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Miller will probably retire after back-to-back season with no production. 

That would hurt us for sure... but not impossible.. I am holding out hope he comes back to a certain level that can be productive but obviously not at his old all world level. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.