Von Miller/Epenesa/Groot.......over/under 20 combined sacks??

4 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Under

My bold prediction: Epenesa has the most sacks with 7. Grout with 6 and Miller with 1 1/12.

I can’t decide if we should make this a mostly Bash McD thread ( under the auspices of he was the one directing the acquisition of all these Just above JAG defenders) or if it’s a 50/50 McBeane hatred thread.

I love these stealth threads😎

Funny typo.  I'd love to see a 1/12 sack.  Everybody on the field and one guy off the bench run over and jump the quarterback.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I hear ya, “some folk” refuse to wrap their minds around that it takes a year and a half, and sometimes more to get back to peak playing performance after an ACL /knee tissue tear injury, especially when you are using that knee to play pro football, it boarders on willful ignorance. We saw Trey White go through the same duration before he was near his old self again…, 

Trey never fully got up to speed. 
   Miller plays a style that absolutely depends on his speed and bend. Add the loss of Floyd from the mix and who do offenses have to double team on our D line?

Acknowledging that the chances of him getting back to dominating being slim isn’t failure to wrap one’s mind around anything. It’s called being objective.

If Miller where on the Chiefs, under similar circumstances, most of  you Miller fans would be saying exactly this.

Do we all hope that the Bills D line explodes with multiple double digit sack players? HECK YEAH. Do we think it’s going to happen…..?

13 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Funny typo.  I'd love to see a 1/12 sack.  Everybody on the field and one guy off the bench run over and jump the quarterback.  

My big fat thumbs 😁

I would say over if mostly healthy. I think Groot gets about 7-10 sacks, AJE gets 6-8, and Von gets 6-8. That’s 19-26 sacks so I think they would need to all hit the bottom of the range to get to 19. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'll go over. I just think people have been ridiculous in their dismissal of Von. I believe he gets 6+ sacks. That leaves 14 for Groot and AJE to cover. If healthy, I think both have proven they're good for at least 6 sacks at this stage themselves.

Over

Agreed on the Von front.  While I don’t believe he’s a sure thing to be good again, I think it’s unfair to assume he’s toast because of what we saw last year.  That may be the case, he may be done….but I believe some people are built different mentally and physically.  Based on his career, I believe Von may be one of those built different.

If he plays in 14+ games, I think he’ll get 6+ sacks.  

Regarding Groot and AJ, I think they’re both shoo ins for 7+ (if healthy).  AJ has improved every season and has an explosive get off.  Groot has looked like a dominant player at times- then he inevitably gets a lower body injury that slows him down.  Stay relatively healthy and I think they hit over 20

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The more intriguing under will be if we can hit 54 like last year?

Yeah- I’ll go under on 54.  Eager to see what Babich brings to the table though.  

Edited by NewEra

49 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Miller plays a style that absolutely depends on his speed and bend. Add the loss of Floyd from the mix and who do offenses have to double team on our D line?

Acknowledging that the chances of him getting back to dominating being slim isn’t failure to wrap one’s mind around anything. It’s called being objective.

If Miller where on the Chiefs, under similar circumstances, most of  you Miller fans would be saying exactly this.

Do we all hope that the Bills D line explodes with multiple double digit sack players? HECK YEAH. Do we think it’s going to happen…..?

My big fat thumbs 😁

Thank those fat thumbs for me.  I am really enjoying the mental image.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I hear ya, “some folk” refuse to wrap their minds around that it takes a year and a half, and sometimes more to get back to peak playing performance after an ACL /knee tissue tear injury, for Keon Coleman to run the 40.

Fixed. 👍

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'd guess 7 or 8 for AJ — I'm bullish because of more playing time. And 7 to 10 for Groot. 

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Miller gets more than 2 or 3. I'd bet against it but he's a HOFer and his determination makes me think it's not likely but not impossible.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

My big fat thumbs 😁

I said “near his old self” and it took a year and a half, or more, the same goes for Von, I still think he will be better than many think, but likely still not the old dominant Von, imo we will see flashes, but not the constancy of old, I suspect 7 ish sacks, maybe more if we get lucky, 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1

under.  Bean has repeatedly missed on Edge talent in the draft.  I think that changes with Smoot, but so far AJ and Groot are average to slightly above.  They both "flash" but no consistency.  If one of them can hit with the consistency, they could be difference makers.  Right now, not having seen that, I'm under.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.