To the Longest Six Weeks in the Football Calendar (Discussion)

It's impressive how much the NFL can stretch their product over the calendar year consider active games are maybe 5 out of 12 months.

Almost immediately after the season wraps the combine takes place. A few weeks after that is roster cuts and free agency. Once the dust settles there is a month of draft speculation and then draft grades. Shortly after we get a trickle of OTA reports until minicamp. And God knows I'll be one of the degenerates following up on live tweeting from Training Camp practices and preseason right up until two weeks before season starts. From there until kickoff feels agonizingly long but at least by then you know the roster breakdowns and can start planning matchups.

These six weeks, from end of minicamp to start of training camp might be the furthest ebb in the whole year. So hats off to the crazies who are here with me!

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Low summer volume and time to kill daily on my route…..” That clock doesn’t milk itself!” 🤷‍♂️

Local sports radio topics:

Favorite candy

Top 5 breakfast foods

Best 80’s video games…..

😵😵😵

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

With the way the Yankees are going I will have no problem getting through these next 6 weeks.

With actual baseball being played in NY, mets fans must be miserable

@Gugny

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Best 80’s video games…..

Depends on genre/platform

computer: Bard's Tale series/Ultima

arcade: missile command

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

With actual baseball being played in NY, mets fans must be miserable

@Gugny

The Mets are hot right now. They have won 7 or 8 in a row. They are right around the WC spot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.