NGFFL

55 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That was a fun movie.

It really was.  Nathan Lane did a great job.  Hank Azaria was also great in it.  Robin Williams too, but that goes w/o saying.  

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

You’re correct. 

but I for one am

tired of having it crammed down my throat and tossed in my face constantly. 

be gay.  I don’t care.  Just stop

pushing it on others. 

What is specifically is being crammed down your throat constantly and then tossed on your face?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

What does your ‘winning more championships than not’ statement have to do with your point 😂

It did win 3 Oscars 

being a championship rec league in the competitive division is something i will always hang my hat on buddy. some people peak in their teens. i was in my late 30's.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

You’re correct. 

but I for one am

pushing it on others. 

Where is this cramming and tossing happening?

• Haha (+1) 2

I was a bit puzzled by this, until I found out it’s been around for 20+ years. It reminds me a little bit of affirmative action— it’s relevant, it’s necessary, and it’s helpful. And, at some point it (hopefully) renders itself obsolete. It may even be the next generation of professional athletes that does it.

My daughter just graduated high school. My wife teaches there, and my son is entering his freshman year. I have been struck by how utterly accepting these kids are. It was almost ten years ago that I saw a sign for the “LGBT Club” posted on a school bulletin board. When I was a child, that would have been called the “Line Up for a Beating Club.” Now, there are openly gay students, including athletes, and they receive zero bullying. My daughter is openly gay, and went to the prom with her girlfriend. If there are other students who have a problem with it, they keep it to themselves, lest they get scolded for their intolerance.

Hell— I’m a Scoutmaster with my son’s Boy Scout troop, and we have openly gay scouts.

I’m sure that nationally, my kids’ HS is not the norm (I do live in Los Angeles, after all…), and there are plenty of posts in this thread that illustrate how far there is yet to go. But I can well imagine how the tenor of the current NGFFL differs from its inception. And of all the the organizations from the last several decades that have helped bring the LGBT community out of the shadows, It seems perfectly appropriate that the Buffalo Bills lend their support to this one.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

People Need to learn to love and respect others regardless of differences. Isn't that what diversity is?  

No it isn't. No one has to accept the beliefs of others... no matter the topic. Respect for whatever someone else believes, sure.. but to use the word love... no. Oh no. No person "Needs" to accept any of this but they can if they want to. 

Joe likes relish on his hamburger. Most don't but Joe has it his way, no problem. Miracle whip lovers and haters... it's a diverse crowd.

"Mice treated with amoxicillin or clindamycin had lower beneficial bacteria counts and less diversity of gut bacteria.
—Corinne Purtill, Los Angeles Times, 12 June 2024"

A 2 minute song about "love"...

26 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

You’re correct. 

but I for one am

pushing it on others. 

Do you realize how much stuff is constantly crammed down people's throats in this society as a way to sell stuff or further political agendas?

The better is why do you think this specific thing, out of all the things is making you have that sort of almost involuntary visceral reaction?

I promise I'm not judging here, I think it has to do with people being exposed to different algorithms.

The people saying, these things are being crammed down our throats are the ones also saying it's being done to further a political and cultural agenda, all while doing so by using the same words and responding in the exact same ways to the exact same triggers. 

All the while not being annoyed at stuff being crammed down people's throats, but because they view it as the wrong things...this dad's group I'm in on fb has people constantly posting anti pride month memes, while posting pro gun memes...it's totally cool to say merry Christmas to anyone you see, even though a vastly significant % of people don't celebrate that holiday (as someone who married into celebrating it, but didn't grow up celebrating it, it's really awkward and annoying and uncomfortable when people constantly tell you merry Christmas, like I don't celebrate that holiday, why the heck are you talking to me about your religion all the time, stop it, you're cramming it down my throat), but oh man, the outrage when someone wants to say happy holidays to ensure we're celebrating all holidays...the national anthem everywhere...like I'm patriotic, but stop cramming your form of patriotism down peoples' throats that maybe express their patriotism differently.

Beer commercials, magazine covers, just so much stuff constantly crammed down our throats in this society, why is this thing such a big deal? Whose agenda does it serve for people to have a strong involuntary reaction to it...why when you step back can you so easily predict that reaction based on specific trigger words and terms and why are the responses always so uniform...like I fully acknowledge there are things that trigger me, but when I look at the ways I respond to those triggers and the words I use and the words other people use that are similarly triggered, they are different words and thoughts that are coming from actually thinking through the problem and building out thoughts, it's not just an immediate visceral response that is the same as everyone else that feels the same way.

It's wild, and scary...not the thoughts themselves even, but the fact that so many people are instinctively acting in such a uniform fashion when there are thousands of examples of the same thing happening, but it's like they've been conditioned to respond in such an automatic fashion...Manchurian Candidate type stuff and I'm talking the Angela Lansbury version.

• Eyeroll 1

Why do you guys who do not accept the LGBTQ crowd use such violently homoerotic imagery in describing your discomfort?  All I ask is that you stop referring to the formation of a flag football league that you have no obligation to watch or participate in as gagging on 12 inchers and flogging your meaty nipples.

• Haha (+1) 1

Please keep the left/right, conservative/liberal stuff out of here.

It's been creeping into several posts and never leads anywhere good.

It's too galdanged hot out to be working a broom.

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Why do you guys who do not accept the LGBTQ crowd use such violently homoerotic imagery in describing your discomfort?  All I ask is that you stop referring to the formation of a flag football league that you have no obligation to watch or participate in as gagging on 12 inchers and flogging your meaty nipples.

You sound like a guy who just got out of teef's chair......

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Hey, they put on a good show at Aqua.  

Never been there.

But I did once get thrown out of a bar in Key West for not being gay. :lol:

4 hours ago, boyst said:

We can't truly debate perspective and experiences on this but I would like to mention that your 20 years of experience covered a long time and may not have been in the US. 

20 years ago is a WHOLE lot different than today. No true national candidates ran while supporting gay marriage just 15 yrs ago. Today the world is a lot more accepting of people as they are while there is growing discord and frustration with the in-your-face announcements which does not truly take away from people wanting others to live their own lives. 

In the last 6 years or so the LGB community has had a tremendous rise in acceptance beyond that of any generations prior.

It is not in the USA but I am only 40. My 20 years finished like 18 months ago and I have gay friends who are younger who still don't feel comfortable to do so. 

And there is no "in your face" about this. To argue so is just silly.

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Hell— I’m a Scoutmaster with my son’s Boy Scout troop, and we have openly gay scouts.

How many openly heterosexuals do you have in the troop? Probably none. The 2% of the population, at best, strives to let themselves be known though. It's funny to me actually. I'd like to see them get their Bull Riding award... it's a zinger.

You should bring your troop down to St. Pete in Florida this weekend.... a whole bunch of colors in the parade, they should just Love it.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 4

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

How many openly heterosexuals do you have in the troop? Probably none. The 2% of the population, at best, strives to let themselves be known though. It's funny to me actually. I'd like to see them get their Bull Riding award... it's a zinger.

You should bring your troop down to St. Pete in Florida this weekend.... a whole bunch of colors in the parade, they should just Love it.

Pathetic

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is not in the USA but I am only 40. My 20 years finished like 18 months ago and I have gay friends who are younger who still don't feel comfortable to do so. 

And there is no "in your face" about this. To argue so is just silly.

come to the US. it is most certainly in your face.