NGFFL

1 minute ago, HardyBoy said:

Basically...there is a bunch of stuff crammed down all our throats every day by corporations...why is this specific thing the thing that drives people wild? Then why do all the people that have an issue with this, as well as happy holidays and a few other issues, why do they all sound the same when they hear/see the thing that insights the reaction? 

It feels very very very indoctrinated. Like you can predict basically the same sequence of phrases and what will trigger them, it's weird.

Because in a effort the be "equal", certain groups separate themselves.   It's annoying.  

Just STFU and be.  Why can't it just be FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE?    No one is stating gays cannot play.

The disservice is being done by the group, to themselves.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

come to the US. it is most certainly in your face.

It really isn't though. Fast food commercials are constantly in my face. Beer commercials. Gambling commercials. The gay pride stuff is a tiny tiny percentage of the content that I come across, yet it gets by far some of the highest engagement. If you feel that it is being shoved in your face, I would say you're probably the one shoving it there yourself. The rest of us just keep on scrolling and it doesn't bother me a tick.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Stupid question.

Turn on the tv bro.  Open a newspaper.  Flip thru a magazine.  

There used to be a time when sexuality was private.  It should stay that way.  

EDIT:  if your post was a joke cause "crammed" and "tossing" were used, hysterical!!  

I think you mean “there used to be a time when sexuality was only portrayed with opposite sex, same color, couples.”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think you mean “there used to be a time when sexuality was only portrayed with opposite sex, same color, couples.”

Show me where there is a STRAIGHT PERSONS FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE?

You can debate this all day long, but some just don't view things your way.  And vice versa.

When is HERMAPHRODITE CURLING LEAGUE starting?

My point is that certain groups want to be seen as equals, yet they sometimes are the ones separating themselves.  Then bitching about it later.  JUST BE.  

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It really isn't though. Fast food commercials are constantly in my face. Beer commercials. Gambling commercials. The gay pride stuff is a tiny tiny percentage of the content that I come across, yet it gets by far some of the highest engagement. If you feel that it is being shoved in your face, I would say you're probably the one shoving it there yourself. The rest of us just keep on scrolling and it doesn't bother me a tick.

This thread is being shoved in my face.

How about people stop shoving Christmas down my throat? It's super annoying, I celebrate it now because I married into it, but I didn't grow up celebrating it...how about people stop shoving their specific form of patriotism down my throat.. I'm plenty patriotic, but I don't choose to express it by conforming to some weird social norm that some people keep trying to cram down my throat...why is this specific thing bothering specific people? Especially whe the people complaining about this thing being the very people that are often most guilty of cramming the most stuff down people's throats?

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Because in a effort the be "equal", certain groups separate themselves.   It's annoying.  

Just STFU and be.  Why can't it just be FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE?    No one is stating gays cannot play.

The disservice is being done by the group, to themselves.  

I've already explained the flaw in this argument. 

7 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

how about people stop shoving their specific form of patriotism down my throat..

I don’t even wanna buy a new mattress! 😡

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, T&C said:

How many openly heterosexuals do you have in the troop? Probably none. The 2% of the population, at best, strives to let themselves be known though. It's funny to me actually. I'd like to see them get their Bull Riding award... it's a zinger.

You should bring your troop down to St. Pete in Florida this weekend.... a whole bunch of colors in the parade, they should just Love it.

My dad grew up in the Soviet Union, came here and fell in love with the Bills as a way to assimilate and they were fun to watch in the early to mid 70s.

Did you know that in the Soviet Union there were virtually no left handed people? Isn't that crazy, like basically nobody was left handed even though it's I believe about 10% of the population.

Fun fact #2, my dad was left handed, but they believed left handed people were evil over there and different and non conforming and a threat to unity, so they forced him, like literally would hit his hand with a ruler if he used his left hand. Basically did conversation therapy on him until he was able to write right handed.

I'm having a hard time seeing the difference between this and how gay people have been treated.

Then, if after my dad grew up, there had been loosening of the restrictions on him being himself, and suddenly felt comfortable saying he was left handed and that he was proud of being left handed and wanted to shout to everyone you tried to break me from being proud of who I am, but you couldn't and I'm going to shout it so everyone can hear it because you taught me who I am is evil, yet here is stand...

Help me understand the difference? Btw, they had the same views on gay people in the soviet union, and still have the same views on gay people over in Russia, except they'll actually put you in jail for it or worse, where being left handed would get you ostracized 

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

When is HERMAPHRODITE CURLING LEAGUE starting?

Already a thing, I was a member for 7 years. Then I got into an argument with my coach and he told me to go and f##k myself

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just understand these corporations and these professional sports teams are virtue signaling, hitting their DEI numbers, if this helps someone feel better about being gay then great, I just laugh at it and move on, as do the gay people in my life.

This OP has definitely not turned into something entirely predictable. 🏆🙄.  The battle lines are drawn, the cannons thunder and neither side will ever give quarter to the other. How much longer mods? 🤔 

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

I don’t even wanna buy a new mattress! 😡

Omg, I genuinely bought a mattress on president's day this year!

Haha, not by choice...and the day my youngest (4 years old) came into my room saying he didn't feel well and projectile vommed all over my pretty nice, not cheap, less than four year old mattress is when I learned the reason to always have a mattress protector on...did go from a queen to a king though

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Even if you're not gay... they will for sure take you in. 

Honestly man, you know this is total nonsense. At no point in my life could I ever have been "swayed" to be attracted by the male body. Quite frankly, the thought of sleeping with another man absolutely disgusts me. But I'm also self-aware enough to know that my disgust is not objective, and it doesn't take a huge leap of critical thinking to see how other men could find men attractive. The idea that I could have been "taken in" by homosexuality at any point in my life is laughable.

If you think that somebody can be easily swayed to become homosexual, you may have just accidentally revealed something about yourself in fact...

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, julian said:

Just understand these corporations and these professional sports teams are virtue signaling, hitting their DEI numbers, if this helps someone feel better about being gay then great, I just laugh at it and move on, as do the gay people in my life.

I don't know if DEI is the same as greenwashing though...like I hear ya, but I was able to participate as much as I did in this thread today because I was off work forJuneteenth.

Like sure you could say that might be because that allows them to put a blog post out how we're honoring the day and all that and do what many might argue is virtue signaling.

However, I think the real value is not in that blog post, but showing people within the organization that their diverse perspectives are heard and more so helping share those with others. I had no idea what Juneteenth was until that Blackish episode a few years back, and it was cool learning that there was this really influential holiday I had no idea existed and it helped me understand the perspectives of others a bit better and kinda gave me and some coworkers the ability to have something to start a conversation over that perhaps would have been more tricky in the past.

Greenwashing, like saying you're doing something positive for the environment, when that isn't actually the case.

From what I've seen, DEI stuff based on objective research that I've glanced at (granted probably from sources that I trust to have journalistic integrity, but perhaps wouldn't share all the research, so there might be bias) shows significant positive outcomes from DEI stuff, and I'm not talking about transparent virtue signaling type stuff.

The Bills doing this though, in my experience, which is based on working at a large legacy tech company, is there are actual people that are super passionate about getting this partnership to happen within the organization, they put a ton of effort into it, it's not just false lip service to virtue signal, but there are actual programs and events and trainings and outreach and town halls where people come into the organization and share their experiences and how this partnership is helping people and all that.

Virtue signaling is annoying, but to say anyone doing anything good in an organization is doing it as a virtue signal, or perhaps where the intent of the action is to virtue signal (like greenwashing)...I think that's cynical

2 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I don't know if DEI is the same as greenwashing though...like I hear ya, but I was able to participate as much as I did in this thread today because I was off work forJuneteenth.

Like sure you could say that might be because that allows them to put a blog post out how we're honoring the day and all that and do what many might argue is virtue signaling.

However, I think the real value is not in that blog post, but showing people within the organization that their diverse perspectives are heard and more so helping share those with others. I had no idea what Juneteenth was until that Blackish episode a few years back, and it was cool learning that there was this really influential holiday I had no idea existed and it helped me understand the perspectives of others a bit better and kinda gave me and some coworkers the ability to have something to start a conversation over that perhaps would have been more tricky in the past.

Greenwashing, like saying you're doing something positive for the environment, when that isn't actually the case.

From what I've seen, DEI stuff based on objective research that I've glanced at (granted probably from sources that I trust to have journalistic integrity, but perhaps wouldn't share all the research, so there might be bias) shows significant positive outcomes from DEI stuff, and I'm not talking about transparent virtue signaling type stuff.

The Bills doing this though, in my experience, which is based on working at a large legacy tech company, is there are actual people that are super passionate about getting this partnership to happen within the organization, they put a ton of effort into it, it's not just false lip service to virtue signal, but there are actual programs and events and trainings and outreach and town halls where people come into the organization and share their experiences and how this partnership is helping people and all that.

Virtue signaling is annoying, but to say anyone doing anything good in an organization is doing it as a virtue signal, or perhaps where the intent of the action is to virtue signal (like greenwashing)...I think that's cynical

Valid points, I obviously don’t mean every single last company or corporation, but most and certainly an organization like the NFL and it’s 32 teams that have been populated and run by straight white many for 100 years.

I think it’s safe to assume there isn’t some internal uprising in the ranks to push for diversity like you would see in the tech industry.

57 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Exactly.  Right on.  Can’t say it better myself. 

1 hour ago, muppy said:

we have had a similar conversation before regarding the topic of what a person views on the internet and the CHOICES we all  make as to what we view. Or don't view either for that matter

If content I find offensive exists I don't frequent that content.

The "oh it's in my face" rhetoric is due in large part to what you Choose to put there. Please with the oh I'm a victim I'm being INDOCTRINATED

to me that is pure baloney. Noone chooses their sex at birth  NOR their sexual orientation.. You can't convince me otherwise. Confusion? maybe. I'm not Yahweh. That is above my pay grade. That is between they and their own consciences to decide

This indoctrination smack I hear  gets on my nerves.

Cool

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

This example is not. 

In your opinion 🤘

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

It's subtle sometimes and it's there. I suggest you walk into any school k-12 and tell me you don't see it being displayed prominently.