NGFFL

24 minutes ago, T&C said:

How many openly heterosexuals do you have in the troop? Probably none. The 2% of the population, at best, strives to let themselves be known though. It's funny to me actually. I'd like to see them get their Bull Riding award... it's a zinger.

You should bring your troop down to St. Pete in Florida this weekend.... a whole bunch of colors in the parade, they should just Love it.

2%? You should update your priors. There’s been a lot of new information since 1950.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/470708/lgbt-identification-steady.aspx

Note their numbers for the overall population and the numbers reported by younger people who are increasingly feeling more comfortable to report such things. You may be off by a factor of 10.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SDS said:

2%? You should update your priors. There’s been a lot of new information since 1950.

Note their numbers for the overall population and the numbers reported by younger people who are increasingly feeling more comfortable to report such things. You may be off by a factor of 10.

Right, didn't you know that's not because people feel safer saying how they feel and be themselves, and instead is because people are being groomed and there is some something something agenda (/sarcasm)

Funny how timeless Dylan is:

Come mothers and fathers

Throughout the land

And don't criticize

What you can't understand

Your sons and your daughters

Are beyond your command

Your old road is rapidly agin'

Please get out of the new one

If you can't lend your hand

For the times they are a-changin'

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, SDS said:

At these alarmingly increasing rates, it is projected that the gay community will reach 200% of total population by 2075. Fabulously scary if true.

• Haha (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, T&C said:

How many openly heterosexuals do you have in the troop? Probably none. The 2% of the population, at best, strives to let themselves be known though. It's funny to me actually. I'd like to see them get their Bull Riding award... it's a zinger.

You should bring your troop down to St. Pete in Florida this weekend.... a whole bunch of colors in the parade, they should just Love it.

Really you think all the straights in the scout troop are hiding their orientation from their friends and family. 🤔

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, boyst said:

come to the US. it is most certainly in your face.

Hell, just go to a WNBA game

Wowzer

I kid, I kid ... Those games are actually pretty fun. Unlike an NBA game, I can just walk on down to the end of the court and hang out with a floor view

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

People Need to learn to love and respect others regardless of differences. Isn't that what diversity is?  

I thought it was an old, old wooden ship that was used from the civil war era but I just googled it and you're correct.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, SDS said:

And with the advent of the internet and social media more importantly, many children are being indoctrinated and thus becoming confused.

Tom boys and feminine boys/men are being swayed to believe there’s something wrong with them and they’re actually gay or trans. In years past the majority would grow up heterosexual or gay.

My nephew is gay, my wife and I knew he was gay when he was 4-5 years old playing with our kids. When my sister told us he came out he was gay as a teenager we laughed and told her we’ve known for 10 years lol.

Gay people like everyone else are not a monolith, there’s plenty of gay and trans people who just want to live their lives without all the flags and parades and hoopla, who’s sexuality isn’t a driving force in their daily lives, I understand there’s plenty of folks who feel differently and that’s ok too.

Edited by julian

35 minutes ago, SDS said:

Or, younger people trying to fit in or belong to Something because they have horrible parents... if they even have that. I suppose it's the same as religion... just trying to hang with the in crowd. Even if you're not gay... they will for sure take you in. 

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Really you think all the straights in the scout troop are hiding their orientation from their friends and family. 🤔

The straights don't even mention it, there is nothing to hide. They don't promote it.

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, T&C said:

Or, younger people trying to fit in or belong to Something because they have horrible parents... if they even have that. I suppose it's the same as religion... just trying to hang with the in crowd. Even if you're not gay... they will for sure take you in. 

The straights don't even mention it, there is nothing to hide. They don't promote it.

you may want to look up Occam‘s razor.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, boyst said:

come to the US. it is most certainly in your face.

we have had a similar conversation before regarding the topic of what a person views on the internet and the CHOICES we all  make as to what we view. Or don't view either for that matter

If content I find offensive exists I don't frequent that content.

The "oh it's in my face" rhetoric is due in large part to what you Choose to put there. Please with the oh I'm a victim I'm being INDOCTRINATED

to me that is pure baloney. Noone chooses their sex at birth  NOR their sexual orientation.. You can't convince me otherwise. Confusion? maybe. I'm not Yahweh. That is above my pay grade. That is between they and their own consciences to decide

This indoctrination smack I hear  gets on my nerves.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Do you realize how much stuff is constantly crammed down people's throats in this society as a way to sell stuff or further political agendas?

The better is why do you think this specific thing, out of all the things is making you have that sort of almost involuntary visceral reaction?

I promise I'm not judging here, I think it has to do with people being exposed to different algorithms.

The people saying, these things are being crammed down our throats are the ones also saying it's being done to further a political and cultural agenda, all while doing so by using the same words and responding in the exact same ways to the exact same triggers. 

All the while not being annoyed at stuff being crammed down people's throats, but because they view it as the wrong things...this dad's group I'm in on fb has people constantly posting anti pride month memes, while posting pro gun memes...it's totally cool to say merry Christmas to anyone you see, even though a vastly significant % of people don't celebrate that holiday (as someone who married into celebrating it, but didn't grow up celebrating it, it's really awkward and annoying and uncomfortable when people constantly tell you merry Christmas, like I don't celebrate that holiday, why the heck are you talking to me about your religion all the time, stop it, you're cramming it down my throat), but oh man, the outrage when someone wants to say happy holidays to ensure we're celebrating all holidays...the national anthem everywhere...like I'm patriotic, but stop cramming your form of patriotism down peoples' throats that maybe express their patriotism differently.

Beer commercials, magazine covers, just so much stuff constantly crammed down our throats in this society, why is this thing such a big deal? Whose agenda does it serve for people to have a strong involuntary reaction to it...why when you step back can you so easily predict that reaction based on specific trigger words and terms and why are the responses always so uniform...like I fully acknowledge there are things that trigger me, but when I look at the ways I respond to those triggers and the words I use and the words other people use that are similarly triggered, they are different words and thoughts that are coming from actually thinking through the problem and building out thoughts, it's not just an immediate visceral response that is the same as everyone else that feels the same way.

It's wild, and scary...not the thoughts themselves even, but the fact that so many people are instinctively acting in such a uniform fashion when there are thousands of examples of the same thing happening, but it's like they've been conditioned to respond in such an automatic fashion...Manchurian Candidate type stuff and I'm talking the Angela Lansbury version.

This post is being crammed.   Make some cliff notes next time.  My God.

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

you may want to look up Occam‘s razor.

If you/anyone aren't in St. Petersburg Florida on Saturday am near the Dali museum you will all be missing out.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Where is this cramming and tossing happening?

Stupid question.

Turn on the tv bro.  Open a newspaper.  Flip thru a magazine.  

There used to be a time when sexuality was private.  It should stay that way.  

EDIT:  if your post was a joke cause "crammed" and "tossing" were used, hysterical!!  

Edited by Blackbeard

6 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

This post is being crammed.   Make some cliff notes next time.  My God.

Basically...there is a bunch of stuff crammed down all our throats every day by corporations...why is this specific thing the thing that drives people wild? Then why do all the people that have an issue with this, as well as happy holidays and a few other issues, why do they all sound the same when they hear/see the thing that insights the reaction? 

It feels very very very indoctrinated. Like you can predict basically the same sequence of phrases and what will trigger them, it's weird.