Cook vs Davis

On 6/18/2024 at 6:53 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Cook on another team wouldn’t come close to replicating that though.  Here he never faces stacked boxes to stop him, he benefits from Allen putting fear in defenses with his Arm, scrambling and power running. 

I like Cook, and he took advantage of what was there.  Just saying I don’t know that someone else like Davis couldn't replicate his last season or even surpass that.  

Davis is explosive and he runs with tenacity.  And honestly he probably has better hands too.  If Davis can show he can do that in the NFL, he’s going to push Cook for snaps.  

This is the exact reason you pay offensive linemen and QBs and not running backs.  A good QB makes your running game more effective as they're forced to more often keep two safeties back.  A good OL unit both protects that massive QB investment, and also creates the seams that give backs the space to create.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I like the day 2 or 3 RB picks each year... Not sure what Davis becomes... but if he at least pushes cook especially with pass catching that is not going to be a bad thing... we will see.