Just Keep MAGA Talking--Let Them Explian Themselves

Just now, Tiberius said:

That's what Hitler said about FDR

Goodwins law again

It's all good. it's not like it's the first time you went off script due to anger or confusion and made the exact comments you claim to hate others for.

it is what it is.

They can’t explain themselves, no way you can explain away the amount of ***** they try to shovel without telling lie after lie. 

what they are doing is talking themselves out of the White House. Just let them keep talking, the more they talk the more they turn people off. The left doesn’t really need to do much of anything, trump, maga and the right just keep shooting themes in the foot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

It’s really not hard. They’re older people (boomers/gen X) who think things were better 40-50 years ago (e.g. without all those pesky minorities in positions of power) and want the arm of the state to do it. They reject progress, both social and scientific, because they have no concept that things get better over time. 

Just gotta let them take the mask off. A few posters here have already gone full-bore “I want black folks out of my country.”

Edited by Roundybout
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

19 hours ago, Roundybout said:

It’s really not hard. They’re older people (boomers/gen X) who think things were better 40-50 years ago (e.g. without all those pesky minorities in positions of power) and want the arm of the state to do it. They reject progress, both social and scientific, because they have no concept that things get better over time. 

Just gotta let them take the mask off. A few posters here have already gone full-bore “I want black folks out of my country.”

You've got it all wrong. MAGA and other populist movements across the western world are looking to retake power and autonomy over their nation's affairs from global corporations and organizations that have no allegiance to any nation and return it to the elected representative government of their country. Its happening here and all across Europe.

The world's headed for a downsizing where bigger is better and centralization of power and control have run their course and our cultural, social, economic, and political arrangements are going to be organized closer to home whether anyone likes it or not. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You've got it all wrong. MAGA and other populist movements across the western world are looking to retake power and autonomy over their nation's affairs from global corporations and organizations that have no allegiance to any nation and return it to the elected representative government of their country. Its happening here and all across Europe.

The world's headed for a downsizing where bigger is better and centralization of power and control have run their course and our cultural, social, economic, and political arrangements are going to be organized closer to home whether anyone likes it or not. 

Reactionary nationalism is a wonderful recipe for world wars. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I would call it a slight decoupling from rampant globalization for resiliency reasons.  If countries get butthurt about it - sorry eh?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

So the choice would be to concede your national sovereignty and strategic interests to some international cabal of what we might call "elites" in the hopes of avoiding some hypothetical conflict? Ignoring that they're already responsible for most of the conflict the world is experiencing already. Its a choice between freedom and slavery. Be smart, choose freedom and local governance.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So the choice would be to concede your national sovereignty and strategic interests to some international cabal of what we might call "elites" in the hopes of avoiding some hypothetical conflict? Ignoring that they're already responsible for most of the conflict the world is experiencing already. Its a choice between freedom and slavery. Be smart, choose freedom and local governance.

Globalism is the reason we can go to Walmart for literally anything we want at rock-bottom prices. It's the reason we can buy nearly any kind of fresh produce year-round. It creates more competition in the market, which benefits consumers. It brings in new ideas from around the globe. Why would anyone choose otherwise? 

2 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

I would call it a slight decoupling from rampant globalization for resiliency reasons.  If countries get butthurt about it - sorry eh?

Can't wait for China to invade Taiwan because it's "butthurt"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Globalism is the reason we can go to Walmart for literally anything we want at rock-bottom prices. It's the reason we can buy nearly any kind of fresh produce year-round. It creates more competition in the market, which benefits consumers. It brings in new ideas from around the globe. Why would anyone choose otherwise?

What you say is true, there are many benefits we've enjoyed. But there are also costs as well as benefits. One consequence is de-industrialization of America and lost skills that leaves us unable to ramp-up industrial capacity or re-deploy assets when the need arises. Such as the way civilian production facilities were transitioned during WW2 to win the war effort. A major reason we beat Germany and Japan was we simply outproduced them. As an example the actions to supply Ukraine's war effort. The Russians are out-producing America with artillery shells at a pace of 10 to 1. Another consequence, which is perhaps the greatest blunder of all time, is it facilitated the creation of the largest competitor to America's dominance of the world in the likes of China. But who could have seen that coming? Maybe anyone paying attention and extrapolating events into the future a few decades? But this isn't the kind of globalization I'm highlighting.

I'm talking about the tug-of-war between those pushing to centralize and concentrate power and control in the hands of fewer and fewer institutions and individuals on a global scale vs. populist political and social movements and forces working to keep or move back control to the nation state and its citizens. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

What you say is true, there are many benefits we've enjoyed. But there are also costs as well as benefits. One consequence is de-industrialization of American and lost skills that leaves us unable to ramp-up industrial capacity or re-deploy assets when the need arises. Such as the way civilian production facilities were transitioned during WW2 to win the war effort. A major reason we beat Germany and Japan was we simply outproduced them. As an example the actions to supply Ukraine's war effort. The Russians are out-producing America with artillery shells at a pace of 10 to 1. Another consequence, which is perhaps the greatest blunder of all time, is it facilitated the creation of the largest competitor to America's dominance of the world in the likes of China. But who could have seen that coming? Maybe anyone paying attention and extrapolating events into the future a few decades? But this isn't the kind of globalization I'm highlighting.

I'm talking about the tug-of-war between those pushing to centralize and concentrate power and control in the hands of fewer and fewer institutions and individuals on a global scale vs. populist political and social movements and forces working to keep or move back control to the nation state and its citizens. 

Somebody tell SDS that we need a "drops mic" emoji.  Well said. :worthy:

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

What you say is true, there are many benefits we've enjoyed. But there are also costs as well as benefits. One consequence is de-industrialization of America and lost skills that leaves us unable to ramp-up industrial capacity or re-deploy assets when the need arises. Such as the way civilian production facilities were transitioned during WW2 to win the war effort. A major reason we beat Germany and Japan was we simply outproduced them. As an example the actions to supply Ukraine's war effort. The Russians are out-producing America with artillery shells at a pace of 10 to 1. Another consequence, which is perhaps the greatest blunder of all time, is it facilitated the creation of the largest competitor to America's dominance of the world in the likes of China. But who could have seen that coming? Maybe anyone paying attention and extrapolating events into the future a few decades? But this isn't the kind of globalization I'm highlighting.

De-industrialization is a good thing! Haven't you ever seen those pictures of Pittsburgh or Los Angeles from the 1970s, where the smog was so thick you couldn't see the streets? Let developing nations enjoy the benefits of industrial as they move beyond farming economies and encourage them to adopt green energy when they have the means, while we work to develop our global trade networks. 

Also, no kidding Russia is outproducing us with shells. They are at war. We are not. 

As our economy grows ever-connected, I believe that democratically-controlled institutions will be key in maintaining proper economic order across vast areas. I am pleased that countries like India are slowly decoupling from China, but they will need organizations to fall back on. 

• Disagree 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

This has been a very difficult time for you. Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Hang in there big guy!

Thanks, life is good actually. 

One of the best things Dems have going for them, is the shouting degenerates that are MAGA. 

I can't be the only one that has these people in the neighborhood with ten Trump flags, confederate flags, etc, these people look like the biggest losers you have ever seen. They are getting votes for the Dems, just because no one wants to vote with those people. 

I was driving out of town the other day and this MAGA guy was on his lawn, all the flags and stuff, and he was just staring down ever car that went by. I waved at him, and he looked at me and finally forced a quick smile before going back to a scowl. 

Keep them talking! 

9 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

This has been a very difficult time for you. Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Hang in there big guy!

I mean, @Tommy Callahan is a case in point! 

Completely insane! Nuts! 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Thanks, life is good actually. 

One of the best things Dems have going for them, is the shouting degenerates that are MAGA. 

I can't be the only one that has these people in the neighborhood with ten Trump flags, confederate flags, etc, these people look like the biggest losers you have ever seen. They are getting votes for the Dems, just because no one wants to vote with those people. 

I was driving out of town the other day and this MAGA guy was on his lawn, all the flags and stuff, and he was just staring down ever car that went by. I waved at him, and he looked at me and finally forced a quick smile before going back to a scowl. 

Keep them talking! 

Something that never happened for 100$

maybe some projection.

your car one of them ones covered with "Riden with Biden" stickers on it?

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 6/20/2024 at 8:43 AM, 4th&long said:

Geo Clooney held an Amway convergence for JB, raised $30m in some weird Hollywood ponzi scheme, professes support for the only guy alive who can save democracy...and less than 30 days later wets his pants over the selection?   

Whatta maroon.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Geo Clooney held an Amway convergence for JB, raised $30m in some weird Hollywood ponzi scheme, professes support for the only guy alive who can save democracy...and less than 30 days later wets his pants over the selection?   

Whatta maroon.

He’s right about trump. Just cause Biden is losing it doesn’t make trump a good candidate.