Just Keep MAGA Talking--Let Them Explian Themselves

đź‘Ź

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/06/18/mark-robinson-domestic-violence-sexual-assault/

Mark Robinson, the firebrand Republican nominee for governor in North Carolina, has for years made comments downplaying and making light of sexual assault and domestic violence.

A review of Robinson’s social media posts over the past decade shows that he frequently questioned the credibility of women who aired allegations of sexual assault against prominent men, including Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, actor Bill Cosby and now-U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh. In one post, Robinson, North Carolina’s lieutenant governor, characterized Weinstein and others as “sacrificial lambs” being “slaughtered.”

Robinson also wrote repeatedly of a 2014 domestic violence encounter involving then-NFL star Ray Rice, who was seen on a surveillance video dragging his apparently unconscious fiancée out of an elevator. In a post directed at Rice’s “lady friend,” Robinson suggested the woman was at fault for the physical altercation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/06/18/mark-robinson-domestic-violence-sexual-assault/

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I don't know how to "explian" things to a fool like you.

MAGA explain? You all set for the violence in streets you were promising when you lose again?

• Eyeroll 2

I do not trust the polling, but just for fun...

Donald Trump’s criminal conviction didn’t instantly upend the 2024 presidential race. But the results of a new poll should be worrying for Trump.

In the weeks since the verdict, both parties have sought to shape the public’s initial reaction, with Republicans largely denouncing it and Democrats citing the result as further evidence that Trump is unfit for office. To figure out how this unprecedented moment is being processed by the electorate, POLITICO Magazine partnered with Ipsos in a new survey.

Among the most notable findings in our poll: 21 percent of independents said the conviction made them less likely to support Trump and that it would be an important factor in their vote. In a close election, small shifts among independent and swing voters could determine the outcome.

And yet there is also good reason to believe that Trump and his allies’ efforts to discredit the prosecution and conviction have cast doubt on the validity of the verdict among many people and limited the potential fallout for the former president-turned-felon.

A sizable number of Americans, including independents, question whether the verdict was the result of a fair and impartial process. And although most respondents rejected the idea that the prosecution was brought to help President Joe Biden, a large number (43 percent of all respondents) either strongly or somewhat agreed that was the rationale for the case.

Taken as a whole, the results of the poll suggest that Americans’ views on the Trump verdict may still be malleable — and could get better or worse for Trump.

There are plenty of upcoming events and variables that could change public opinion before November, to say nothing of the ongoing efforts by political operatives on both sides of the aisle to influence (or not) public perceptions. That includes Trump’s sentencing in Manhattan (July 11), which could entail a period of incarceration, as well as Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s testimony before Congress about the case (July 12), where Republicans are sure to hammer him.

The recent conviction of Hunter Biden on gun charges and a scheduled trial in September on tax charges could also influence Americans’ perceptions, particularly since those cases dramatically undermine Trump and Republicans’ claims that the former president has been the victim of a “weaponized” Justice Department.

In the wake of Trump’s guilty verdict, we also sought to measure Americans’ trust in key figures in the criminal justice system — including lawyers, judges and juries — and compared the results against a survey that was taken roughly a year ago, as Trump’s criminal prosecutions were still getting underway. The data showed a drop in levels of trust among Republicans in particular.

But the least trusted actors in the legal system are not the lawyers prosecuting or defending the cases, or even the kind of state judges presiding over Trump’s case. They are the Supreme Court justices themselves, whose public approval has taken a considerable hit in recent years thanks to unpopular rulings issued by the conservative supermajority and a series of rolling ethical controversies involving Republican appointees Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas.https://www.yahoo.com/news/trouble-trump-poll-conviction-090000720.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

53 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I do not trust the polling, but just for fun...

Donald Trump’s criminal conviction didn’t instantly upend the 2024 presidential race. But the results of a new poll should be worrying for Trump.

In the weeks since the verdict, both parties have sought to shape the public’s initial reaction, with Republicans largely denouncing it and Democrats citing the result as further evidence that Trump is unfit for office. To figure out how this unprecedented moment is being processed by the electorate, POLITICO Magazine partnered with Ipsos in a new survey.

Among the most notable findings in our poll: 21 percent of independents said the conviction made them less likely to support Trump and that it would be an important factor in their vote. In a close election, small shifts among independent and swing voters could determine the outcome.

And yet there is also good reason to believe that Trump and his allies’ efforts to discredit the prosecution and conviction have cast doubt on the validity of the verdict among many people and limited the potential fallout for the former president-turned-felon.

A sizable number of Americans, including independents, question whether the verdict was the result of a fair and impartial process. And although most respondents rejected the idea that the prosecution was brought to help President Joe Biden, a large number (43 percent of all respondents) either strongly or somewhat agreed that was the rationale for the case.

Taken as a whole, the results of the poll suggest that Americans’ views on the Trump verdict may still be malleable — and could get better or worse for Trump.

There are plenty of upcoming events and variables that could change public opinion before November, to say nothing of the ongoing efforts by political operatives on both sides of the aisle to influence (or not) public perceptions. That includes Trump’s sentencing in Manhattan (July 11), which could entail a period of incarceration, as well as Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s testimony before Congress about the case (July 12), where Republicans are sure to hammer him.

The recent conviction of Hunter Biden on gun charges and a scheduled trial in September on tax charges could also influence Americans’ perceptions, particularly since those cases dramatically undermine Trump and Republicans’ claims that the former president has been the victim of a “weaponized” Justice Department.

In the wake of Trump’s guilty verdict, we also sought to measure Americans’ trust in key figures in the criminal justice system — including lawyers, judges and juries — and compared the results against a survey that was taken roughly a year ago, as Trump’s criminal prosecutions were still getting underway. The data showed a drop in levels of trust among Republicans in particular.

But the least trusted actors in the legal system are not the lawyers prosecuting or defending the cases, or even the kind of state judges presiding over Trump’s case. They are the Supreme Court justices themselves, whose public approval has taken a considerable hit in recent years thanks to unpopular rulings issued by the conservative supermajority and a series of rolling ethical controversies involving Republican appointees Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas.https://www.yahoo.com/news/trouble-trump-poll-conviction-090000720.html

Sure looks like it.  

The polls are never right but the aggregate of them at every major polling firm is almost always correct in who wins - even 2016 where the news just got too cocky and stupid but the polls were pretty close and Hillary was never over 50 percent.  It was 48-46 final aggregate.  That’s a toss up - Hillary should have always been considered a de facto incumbent and if you’re under 50 you’re vulnerable.  

Ds are always oversampled in polls Rs, under.  

That’s the difference. 

These polls are talking to Independents.  Unless they’re rigging them to force Biden out it appears they are voting Trump.  If the samples are D plus 4-5 which they usually are for national polls. 

Biden is at least around 47-49 percent.  

If he were below 45 they’d already have him out.  An incumbent below 45 is toast.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Sure looks like it.  

The polls are never right but the aggregate of them at every major polling firm is almost always correct in who wins - even 2016 where the news just got too cocky and stupid but the polls were pretty close and Hillary was never over 50 percent.  It was 48-46 final aggregate.  That’s a toss up - Hillary should have always been considered a de facto incumbent and if you’re under 50 you’re vulnerable.  

That’s the difference. 

These polls are talking to Independents.  Unless they’re rigging them to force Biden out it appears they are voting Trump.  If the samples are D plus 4-5 which they usually are for national polls. 

If he were below 45 they’d already have him out.  An incumbent below 45 is toast.  

Regular polls are bad, MAGA polls are just garbage

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Sure looks like it.  

That’s the difference. 

I think the fireworks start on July 11th which I understand is the day sentencing is set to happen for Trump's "falsifying business records" trial. I'm close to 100% sure that crooked judge is going to sentence Trump to jail time.

Why? Because its the only logical play the Dems have left to retain power in the White House. Otherwise Biden is mentally and physically spent and in another 4 months they won't be able to hide it any longer or make excuses. So they'll sentence Trump and pray for a "Hail Mary" that the move incites his supporters to react with acts of civil disobedience and violence. Which gives the pretense for J6 2.0. It will give them the "threat to democracy" ruse they need to provide the window of opportunity to retain the Presidency ans screw up the country for another 4 years.  

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think the fireworks start on July 11th which I understand is the day sentencing is set to happen for Trump's "falsifying business records" trial. I'm close to 100% sure that crooked judge is going to sentence Trump to jail time.

Why? Because its the only logical play the Dems have left to retain power in the White House. Otherwise Biden is mentally and physically spent and in another 4 months they won't be able to hide it any longer or make excuses. So they'll sentence Trump and pray for a "Hail Mary" that the move incites his supporters to react with acts of civil disobedience and violence. Which gives the pretense for J6 2.0. It will give them the "threat to democracy" ruse they need to provide the window of opportunity to retain the Presidency ans screw up the country for another 4 years.  

I'm sure Trump and his people are planning a Jan 6 style "spontaneous" riot. I hope the authorities are locked and loaded ready to roll! 

Cut them down like grass!

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'm sure Trump and his people are planning a Jan 6 style "spontaneous" riot. I hope the authorities are locked and loaded ready to roll! 

Cut them down like grass!

I wonder? Most of those cops and law enforcement are for Trump. Maybe they turn around and start shooting in the other direction? Wouldn't that be what? Ironic I think.

I also expect such an event would crash the stock market, cause a run on the dollar and US treasuries along with irreparable loss of confidence in America that elects banana republic leader and walking zombie Joe Biden for a 2nd term. And presto, you get the dictatorship you all claim you're working to prevent but are really working to create. Just the kind of chaos you're buddy Putin and his benefactor Xi want.

• Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I wonder? Most of those cops and law enforcement are for Trump. Maybe they turn around and start shooting in the other direction? Wouldn't that be what? Ironic I think.

I also expect such an event would crash the stock market, cause a run on the dollar and US treasuries along with irreparable loss of confidence in America that elects banana republic leader and walking zombie Joe Biden for a 2nd term. And presto, you get the dictatorship you all claim you're working to prevent but are really working to create. Just the kind of chaos you're buddy Putin and his benefactor Xi want.

Yup, just like those cops that got beat up by the Trump mob, some later died of suicide. Big MAGA supporters for sure

• Eyeroll 1

45 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

An incumbent below 45 is toast

Trump was at 38 in June 2020.

And yet he almost won (wasn't it 70,000 votes shifted in 3 states?) Or if you listen to him, he did win.

Of course that's electoral college dynamics. Biden won the popular by about 5.

The weird thing about this election: we have two "incumbents." Two candidates who are as well known collectively as any two candidates in history. Both extraordinarily unpopular candidates in historical terms. And a lot of the national polls still have RFK Jr. at about 9 percent, which will no doubt crater.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Trump will win it just because of the electoral college edge. But I still expect Biden to win the popular vote, but maybe by just a point or so less than in 2020.

But as they say, this is June ... we have major, major things to come. Debate performance. Trump's VP pick. Trump's sentencing. An October (with the accelerated calendar, I'd say September) surprise from either side. A major change in world affairs - full on Hezbollah war, a Russian "incursion" into Georgia/Armenia, North Korea/Iran doing nasty stuff, a terrorist attack, a stock market/housing/commercial real estate bubble burst ... and obviously the unknown unknowns too.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, just like those cops that got beat up by the Trump mob, some later died of suicide. Big MAGA supporters for sure

You're concern for the police is dependent on who's on the other end of the night stick. And you're not the least bit upset your speaker of the house left them hung out to dry by refusing to send reinforcements to help them. Despite numerous calls for help. She just intentionally let it happen and sacrificed those officers for the cause.

It was the Democrat's Reichstag fire. You know what I mean? You guys feign concern about the next Hitler but miss the irony that you've used and are using some of the same tactics employed by that lunatic. And other totalitarian lunatics for that matter.

Why do you guys want destroy American democracy and the republic? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You're concern for the police is dependent on who's on the other end of the night stick. And you're not the least bit upset your speaker of the house left them hung out to dry by refusing to send reinforcements to help them. Despite numerous calls for help. She just intentionally let it happen and sacrificed those officers for the cause.

It was the Democrat's Reichstag fire. You know what I mean? You guys feign concern about the next Hitler but miss the irony that you've used and are using some of the same tactics employed by that lunatic. And other totalitarian lunatics for that matter.

Why do you guys want destroy American democracy and the republic? 

Because he has the critical thinking skills of a dull crayon.

• Agree 1