What is Your Preseason Ranking for the Bills?

Shaw66

Rank the Bills  

173 members have voted

1. 1. ESPN Has the Bills No. 5 - How About You?

On 6/19/2024 at 8:43 AM, Chaos said:

How do you determine who is better than whom among the four divisional round losers (5 to 8 ). The dreaded eye test, or is there some objective criteria?

I have only one objective criterion = Number 17

15 hours ago, CSBill said:

I have only one objective criterion = Number 17

I figure who ever lost to the eventual Super Bowl winner has the best bragging right among the teams that went out in the divisional round 

9 hours ago, Chaos said:

I figure who ever lost to the eventual Super Bowl winner has the best bragging right among the teams that went out in the divisional round 

That's fair. As for AFC teams, until proven otherwise, KC is at the top; after them, I think the Bills, Bengals, and Ravens are the top challengers--in any order. Each has its warts, but all three are built to compete with anyone on any given day. After those three, the next tier includes the Dolphins, Texans, and maybe the Chargers and Jaguars. Then I see the Jets, Browns, Titans, or Steelers--any two of them rounding out the top ten.

It is still not a scientific or quantitative analysis. But purely (or un-purely?) by anecdotal, recent history bias (what have they done lately/), and just "gut feelings." That's the best I can offer.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know why people constantly jump to the conclusion the Jets are well coached enough to be a contender for a SB, especially on offense. Rodgers is 40 coming off a major injury and doesn’t really come off as being focused on football in recent years. I can see them as similarly challenged where Rodgers skills are diminished and things go sideways with their season. The team wasn’t a 39 yr old Rodgers away from the title much less the playoffs last year. The Texans I understand the hype over bc of Stroud’s rookie season, but we’ve seen rookies with promise stall out or not live up to heightened expectations.  The Bills are a proven commodity with some question marks - some of the answers may be better than before, some may be worse.  How the new personnel changes the identity of the team is the most important part, and the intent here that I’m seeing on offense is a physical juggernaut with explosiveness. They are going to spread the wealth in the pass game and run the ball trying to impose their will.  That is going to be a good recipe for success in playoffs and neutralizing good opposing offenses with ball control. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.