What is Your Preseason Ranking for the Bills?

Shaw66

Rank the Bills  

173 members have voted

1. 1. ESPN Has the Bills No. 5 - How About You?

Bottom of 5-8 is the optimistic vote.

There are a bunch of teams in the AFC who could be “ better” but who knows until we play real games. 
   Lions and San Fran are the only two in the NFC I would currently concede to. 

Bottom of 5-8 is the optimistic vote.

There are a bunch of teams in the AFC who could be “ better” but who knows until we play real games. 
   Lions and San Fran are the only two in the NFC I would currently concede to. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Off the top of my head. I dropped the Jets out of the top 10 even though they have a top 5 roster. Too much drama.

1 Chiefs

2 Lions

3 49ers

4 Ravens

5 Browns

6 Dolphins

7 Texans

8 Cowboys

9 Bills

10 Eagles 

You can’t be serious with the Dolphins.  They may not even make the playoffs.  

2022 they lost 5 games in a row in last 6 games of year with Tua…then Tua doesn’t play week 18 and they barely make playoffs thanks to a rookie 3rd string QB breaking their losing streak.  

2023 they blow a 4 game lead with 5 games to go to lose the division (again with healthy Tua) and barely make the playoffs.  

They have zero playoff wins. 

They have only beaten 2 teams with a .500 record or better in 2 years.  

Now they have a worse roster than they had either of those 2 years with their defensive front 7 totally gutted.  

Yet you rank them ahead of the team that has beaten them continuously and won the division for the past 4 years?  

Dont get me started on the Browns who have not been very good when Watson plays and did better with the ghost of Joe Flacco last year.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Off the top of my head. I dropped the Jets out of the top 10 even though they have a top 5 roster. Too much drama.

1 Chiefs

2 Lions

3 49ers

4 Ravens

5 Browns

6 Dolphins

7 Texans

8 Cowboys

9 Bills

10 Eagles 

I can see this easily playing out.

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

We have top 4 potential, but 5-8 is where they should be ranked today.  Only KC has won more games than us over the past 4 years, and while we have some changes, they aren’t enough to suddenly not still be a dangerous and good team.  But we need to prove we are good enough to be in top 4 which until we do should really be KC, SF, DET, and Ravens before any games are played.  But there are not 8 teams who should be ranked ahead of the Bills.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You can’t be serious with the Dolphins.  They may not even make the playoffs.  

2022 they lost 5 games in a row in last 6 games of year with Tua…then Tua doesn’t play week 18 and they barely make playoffs thanks to a rookie 3rd string QB breaking their losing streak.  

2023 they blow a 4 game lead with 5 games to go to lose the division (again with healthy Tua) and barely make the playoffs.  

They have zero playoff wins. 

They have only beaten 2 teams with a .500 record or better in 2 years.  

Now they have a worse roster than they had either of those 2 years with their defensive front 7 totally gutted.  

Yet you rank them ahead of the team that has beaten them continuously and won the division for the past 4 years?  

Dont get me started on the Browns who have not been very good when Watson plays and did better with the ghost of Joe Flacco last year.  

Dolphins and Browns have very good rosters and some elite stars. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I can see this easily playing out.

Dolphins probably won’t even make the playoffs.  They squeaked in with better rosters in 2022 and 2023.  They were lucky guys like Burrow, Richardson, and Rodgers were hurt last year because if even one of them were healthy Miami would have missed the playoffs last year. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Dolphins and Browns have very good rosters and some elite stars. 

And yet they keep losing with those same stars.  So what’s your point.  Literally this is the worst Miami roster compared to 2022 and 2023…and they squeaked in the playoffs both years and lost first playoff game.  

The only reason Miami made playoffs last year was because 3 AFC QBs got hurt.  Because if any one plays they probably wouldn’t have been the 7th seed and sat out the post season.  

With all Miamis “elite” players, they have beaten only 2 teams with a winning record in 2 seasons.

And again, they lost all their best players in their defensive front 7 this year.  They are literally a worse roster now.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dolphins probably won’t even make the playoffs.  They squeaked in with better rosters in 2022 and 2023.  They were lucky guys like Burrow, Richardson, and Rodgers were hurt last year because if even one of them were healthy Miami would have missed the playoffs last year. 

And yet they keep losing with those same stars.  So what’s your point.  Literally this is the worst Miami roster compared to 2022 and 2023…and they squeaked in the playoffs both years and lost first playoff game.  

The only reason Miami made playoffs last year was because 3 AFC QBs got hurt.  Because if any one plays they probably wouldn’t have been the 7th seed and sat out the post season.  

With all Miamis “elite” players, they have beaten only 2 teams with a winning record in 2 seasons.

And again, they lost all their best players in their defensive front 7 this year.  They are literally a worse roster now.  

I think after KC, Detroit, and SF you could rank the next 10 teams in any order. Those 10 being Buffalo, Baltimore, Miami, NYJ, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Philadelphia, Houston, and Green Bay.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

When the Bills play the Jets at MetLife in week 6, they will be returning from London where they play the Vikings in week 5. The Bills should get a jet-lagged tired Jets team in week 6.

“sleep is a construct” 

Aaron Rodgers, probably. 

1-4 vote by me, many hear are sleeping on their own team imo, 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Too much transition to rank them in their normal top 5 spot. 

Then who replaces them? Ravens have been mentioned but y'all must have short memories or just didn't watch the AFCCG out of spite. Dolphins? Still get sonned by Buffalo and KC yearly. Jets? I mean I guess there's an argument to be made but we haven't seen it on the field at all. Houston is ascending but not there yet. Dallas? Dog walked by Buffalo in the regular season and then again by GB in the playoffs.

I get wanting to put the four championship game teams ahead of them but the Ravens looked so bad during huge stretches of that game and KC wasn't exactly lighting things on fire on offense.

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

Then who replaces them? Ravens have been mentioned but y'all must have short memories or just didn't watch the AFCCG out of spite. Dolphins? Still get sonned by Buffalo and KC yearly. Jets? I mean I guess there's an argument to be made but we haven't seen it on the field at all. Houston is ascending but not there yet. Dallas? Dog walked by Buffalo in the regular season and then again by GB in the playoffs.

I get wanting to put the four championship game teams ahead of them but the Ravens looked so bad during huge stretches of that game and KC wasn't exactly lighting things on fire on offense.

Ravens lost a lot of players also. I don’t think they are a clear top team this year either. I think there are 3 top teams, KC, Detroit, and San Francisco. 

Then there are a bunch of teams that can be next. It’s hard to argue any order after those 3 but I think Buffalo is way too unknown to put that high. Basically we’re just putting them there because of Josh Allen.

top half for sure, but until we can see the retooled O work its hard to call. They could be fighting for a bubble spot in the playoffs or they could outright win the division but got to see how the new WR core works with Allen and how they progress.

• Like (+1) 1

Everyone is talking about the Texans.  Last year they had a last place schedule, let’s see how they respond to a first place gauntlet.  They’re a good team but I think we’re better.

19 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

Everyone is talking about the Texans.  Last year they had a last place schedule, let’s see how they respond to a first place gauntlet.  They’re a good team but I think we’re better.

Right!

and this year Cincy has a last place schedule...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think after KC, Detroit, and SF you could rank the next 10 teams in any order. Those 10 being Buffalo, Baltimore, Miami, NYJ, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Philadelphia, Houston, and Green Bay.

I agree except for Miami and Cleveland.  I think Rams, Steelers and even Colts have a better case for top 10.  

6 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

I could see Cincy winning 11 or 12, or even losing 11 or 12 games. 

If Burrow can stay healthy which seems to be a problem for him then the Bengals have a very good chance to win the AFCN especially with a last place schedule.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.