What is Your Preseason Ranking for the Bills?

Shaw66

Rank the Bills  

173 members have voted

1. 1. ESPN Has the Bills No. 5 - How About You?

5 to 8 sounds about right. With a min-rebuild or retooling of the roster we will have to see how they perform. Hard to answer this question with so many new faces on the team.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

I voted 5-8.  I can see a few teams better than us but not by a lot.  We’ve got 17.  I think the O-line will be better.  The defense is younger and will make some mistakes early in the season but will be much faster than the past few years.  Training camp and Pre-season should be very interesting.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I chose #3 behind the 49ers and Chiefs.  Bills have reloaded for the year, quality draft. 

Four consecutive division titles and five straight playoff appearances, which puts them above teams like the Eagles, Lions to start. 

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The Bills are 4th behind KC, San Fran, and Lions.

Tied for third, really.

Not sure how you can put us above the Bengals.

At least until we beat them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Week 1 vs Cards: W vs a rebuilding team 

Week 2 @ Phins: W - thankfully this is a night game!  Miami’s D looks suspect.  High scoring affair, but JA takes the Phins to the woodshed once more. 

Week 3 vs Jags: W - Bills get redemption for the BS London screw job game.  
Week 4 @ Baltimore: W - The Bills defense always plays well against LJ.  JA shows the league who the true MVP is.

Week 5 @ Houston: L - Houston’s offense is just too much for the Bills D and the lack of edge pressure.  This is a one score loss but frustrating to see the Bills lose to such a young team. 
Week 6 @ Jets: L - Back to back to back AFC away games.  Jets D has the Bills number but the D keeps it close turning over Rodgers multiple times.  Another 1 score loss for the Bills.

Week 7 vs Titans: W - Titans young and inexperienced roster can keep pace with the Bills.  This is the first blowout victory of the year.

Week 8 @ Seahawks: W - Tough traveling to the West Coast but the Bills pull this one out with a 10 point victory.  
Week 9 vs Phins: W - Bills sweep the dolphins.  This is a offensive battle but the Bills D proves superior to the Phins.

Week 10 @ Colts: W - Again, the weaknesses of another young inexperienced team is exploited by JA.  10 point victory!

Week 11 vs Chiefs: L - Bills pas rush can’t get to Mahomes who carves the Bills D up.  A close game here, but Chiefs come away with a 6 point victory. 
Week 13 vs 49ers: L - Bills D has no answer for McCaffrey and the the 9ers dink and dunk the Bills all night.  10 point loss, the first and only double digit loss of the season .

Week 14 @ Rams: W - Another offensive showdown but Rams can’t keep pace.  Close game, Bills win by 5.
Week 15 @ Lions: L - Bills play a good chunk of the dome teams on the road this year.  Josh usually plays great indoors but the Lions are just too good on Offense to keep pace.  Bills lose by 9.

Week 16 @ Patriots: W - Pats suck…17 point win.

Week 17 vs Jets: L - Jets D smothers Bills in the midst of a blustery winter storm.  10-7 Jets.

Week 18 vs Patriots: W - Pats still suck. Bills help the Cheats clinch a top 3 draft pick with a blowout loss 35-7.

Record: 11-6, 7th best in the NFL behind 49ers, Chiefs, Lions, Houston, Ravens and Jets (11-6 but take H2H).

• Like (+1) 2

When the Bills play the Jets at MetLife in week 6, they will be returning from London where they play the Vikings in week 5. The Bills should get a jet-lagged tired Jets team in week 6.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted 5-8.  But that doesn't mean I've given up on a trophy.  

First of all, it's not true that the best team wins the Lombardi every year.  Even if we're not the best team, we still have a shot.

Secondly, as a fan, I hope.  I hope the WR group is better than expected, and Brady turns out to be a great OC, and Miller returns to form, and so does Milano, etc.  I especially hope we enter the playoffs healthy.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Preseason denotes a healthy team. I voted 1-4 going into the season. Of course, many things will change as the season progresses. My biggest concern is depth, especially on defense, but on offense, we've got 17. That bumps us up the league regardless. I feel like 1-4 is pretty optimistic on my part, but homer's gotta home.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think 4-5 is about right, so I went with 1-4. I like our offseason more than most and I’m strangely intrigued by our draft. 

What I’m most interested in is to see who votes 9-32. I’ve got a few posters in mind who might be the first to tell you how awful we are. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think 4-5 is about right, so I went with 1-4. I like our offseason more than most and I’m strangely intrigued by our draft. 

What I’m most interested in is to see who votes 9-32. I’ve got a few posters in mind who might be the first to tell you how awful we are. 

If this weren't a public poll, those votes would already be there.

• Agree 1

Some reasons to be optimistic, some to be concerned about.  Many ?s at key positions and coaching, along with players returning/still recovering from major injuries.

I'd put us as a Tier 1b/2 team entering the season, but this is likely the most volatile team we've had in a while...could see us finishing the year anywhere from 1-12 in rankings.  I'd peg us in the 5-9 range then for now.

I do like the offseason moves though, and think we have some young, ascending players on both sides of the ball that will take a big step.  Plus Brady and Babich are very good coaches IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

Just got back from Vegas after being at The Sphere and stopped at MGM Sports Book where I dropped some coin on 14:1 odds for the Bills to win the SB. I received 2 free drink tickets for placing the bet…maybe they felt sorry for me.

• Haha (+1) 5

Off the top of my head. I dropped the Jets out of the top 10 even though they have a top 5 roster. Too much drama.

1 Chiefs

2 Lions

3 49ers

4 Ravens

5 Browns

6 Dolphins

7 Texans

8 Cowboys

9 Bills

10 Eagles 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 4

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Until they aren't, they are #1 team in the league.

2. San Francisco 49ers - They were so close to the ever-elusive Lombardi for Kyle Shanahan. 

3. Detroit Lions - They were on the cusp of the SB last year if it hadn't been for some poor decisions and bad bounces.

4. Houston Texans - Demeco Ryans has his group ready to go. They get Dell back, they added Diggs, and they added Joe Mixon. 

5. Cincinnati Bengals - A healthy Burrow and they are right back in the mix again. Gesicki should do well, they got OL help, and they got DL help.

6. Buffalo Bills - A lot of ?'s in the Secondary, WR group, and the OL with McGovern being moved to C. A revamped interior D-Line. We still have JA17 tho. 

7. Baltimore Ravens - Lamar is still Lamar. The defense is still good. They will still be a predominantly running team, especially adding Henry. 

8. Green Bay Packers - The young Packers team is just scratching the surface. They also added Josh Jacobs, Xavier McKinney, and drafted well imo.

9. Philadelphia Eagles - They were just in the SB a little over a year ago. They added Saquon and swapped Reddick for Bryce Huff. Great draft too imo.

10. NY Jets - It hinges on Rodgers. If he is there, and dialed in? They're tough. Adding Reddick was nice, but he ain't there yet either. This is on paper. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Off the top of my head. I dropped the Jets out of the top 10 even though they have a top 5 roster. Too much drama.

1 Chiefs

2 Lions

3 49ers

4 Ravens

5 Browns

6 Dolphins

7 Texans

8 Cowboys

9 Bills

10 Eagles 

People will jump on you, but that is a reasonable list.  I would say that either Dolphins or Browns will make you wrong, but on the other hand, either one could make the Super Bowl with some luck.  Each team has a QB who, with a career year, could go far.  I doubt both will.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

1 Chiefs

2 Lions

3 49ers

4 Ravens

5 Browns

6 Dolphins

7 Texans

8 Cowboys

9 Bills

10 Eagles 

That's not unreasonable as we are basically talking about teams potential on paper. I would have Buffalo ahead of Dallas. 

Cleveland, Miami, Texans, Detroit all like to load up on "name" talent. That doesn't always translate to wins. 

I went 5-8 option but I think on paper we are closer to 8 than 5 at this stage of the off-season. Once questions start getting answered (Coleman's immediate production, what the defense looks like, Milano's health returning, ect) we could slide up pretty good or potentially back a bit IMO.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

ESPN ranks the Bills fifth.   Do you think the Bills will be better than that?  Fifth through eighth?  Or worse than that?

I think 4.5 is a great betting line.

I find it tough to argue against KC, Cincy, and San Fran being ranked ahead of the Bills. There’s a real case for #4 for the Bills.

I went with 5-8. The Texans, unfortunately, may be a consistent competitor, especially while Stroud is on his rookie deal. There are a number of teams that appear to be on equal footing with the Bills. As a homer, I give the Bills the edge over such teams. So I’ve got them as #5.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.