Week 5 showdown Allen vs Diggs - Who has the better game and who wins?

Bills @ Texans  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the better individual game?

• Josh Allen
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Both have big games
  2. 2. Who wins the game?

Posted (edited)

I have to say...with all the negativity by so many this offseason on everything from the Allens offseason, WR room, drafting of Keon, McD, Beane, Brady, roster turnover, etc...I was not expecting such a lopsided vote here in favor of Allen and the Bills.  

Good to see optimism is starting to come around more as we get ready for camp though!  

Personally, I think Diggs will have a good game, like 80-120 yards, maybe a TD...but I think Allen is gonna go off and put up like 350 total yards and 4 total TD's and lead the Bills to a win.  So even though I could have voted "both" in the first one, I still voted Allen because I think while Diggs probably has a good game, I think Allen will have a great game.  Allen is one of the most competitive people in the league, he is going to ready to make a statement.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have to say...with all the negativity by so many this offseason on everything from the Allens offseason, WR room, drafting of Keon, McD, Beane, Brady, roster turnover, etc...I was not expecting such a lopsided vote here in favor of Allen and the Bills.  

Good to see optimism is starting to come around more as we get ready for camp though!  

Actually, the sheer lopsidedness of the vote -- 30 to 0 as I type this -- tells me that people are probably thinking a bit more with their hearts than their heads (myself included). 

I think the lasting impression of many Bills fans is of Diggs not being the same player he once was. I also think it's probably sour grapes for a lot of Bills fans, with many still holding a grudge of sorts against Diggs for the way he forced his way out of Buffalo.

I'm sure many DO feel Allen will have the better game -- that's the way I voted. But I'd be surprised if people's emotions weren't coloring their answer to this question.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

What if Diggs gets the game winning TD and the Texans are behind until late in the game ?

Then McD's bend and break defense comes to the rescue again and gives up the Game winning TD to Diggs.

No one will remember Josh's 400 yard 4 TD game.  Espn Sportcenter will broadcast endlessly the Diggs "Winning TD" and the Diggs interview after the game.

So in a sense, Diggs could have the better game.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Actually, the sheer lopsidedness of the vote -- 30 to 0 as I type this -- tells me that people are probably thinking a bit more with their hearts than their heads (myself included). 

I think the lasting impression of many Bills fans is of Diggs not being the same player he once was. I also think it's probably sour grapes for a lot of Bills fans, with many still holding a grudge of sorts against Diggs for the way he forced his way out of Buffalo.

I'm sure many DO feel Allen will have the better game -- that's the way I voted. But I'd be surprised if people's emotions weren't coloring their answer to this question.

I think Diggs being gone is good for the team, I think Allen and the group will have more fun again this year.  But I also think Diggs demise of his skills gets a bit exaggerated as well as I think the biggest change wasn't so much his skills diminishing but he role diminishing in how Brady wanted to run the offense. 

In Houston, while I think Diggs is still a legit WR1, he won't get those alpha WR type targets there with both Nico and Tank already established and having played a season with Stroud.  But the guy can still play at a high level, he isn't that old yet.  Which is why Beane was able to get a 2nd for him because Houston knows it has a near term window to go all in on vets while Stroud is cheap to try and snag an early SB in Strouds career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'll be at this game. Honestly, I think Diggs will be just a role player for them. I don't see him being their primary weapon. The Texans have a few good receivers. But, maybe they give him a bigger role against the Bills?

But, Josh is a QB and he has a greater impact on the field than any receiver. He'll have a bigger game.

Diggs will have good stats the first half of the season. Seems to always happen when a player moves to a new team. Once DCs get some film on him and the Texans' schemes, his productivity will fall off in the second half of the season.

I think Taylor Rapp will forget that Diggs is no longer a teammate and will hit him helmet to helmet or will spear him in the neck after a play has ended, ending his afternoon early.

• Like (+1) 1

Free from having to endlessly answer for Diggs’s pathological immaturity, Josh is going to tear it up this year.  By that point Diggs will be a few games from disappearing….so he can show up again to disappear in Houston’s final game

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Personally, I think Diggs will have a good game, like 80-120 yards, maybe a TD...but I think Allen is gonna go off and put up like 350 total yards and 4 total TD's and lead the Bills to a win.  So even though I could have voted "both" in the first one, I still voted Allen because I think while Diggs probably has a good game, I think Allen will have a great game.  Allen is one of the most competitive people in the league, he is going to ready to make a statement.  

Tomorrow’s QOD:  Who’s going to have the better game, Josh Allen or Gabe Davis? 😃😃

• Haha (+1) 1

Diggs will show up for this regular season game (90 yds receiving) and, after losing, will stay on the field and look at the scoreboard by himself to be the center of a few media photos in typical fashion. #whatacompetitor

• Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Logic said:

It's funny, because leading up to the game, both Diggs and the Bills will insist that there's no hard feelings, and that it's "just another game".

In reality, I expect the Bills to make it a point to take Diggs out of the game, and I expect the Texans to make a point of trying to feature him. I expect Diggs to be very "up" for the game, and I expect the same from Allen.

No one will ever admit to it, but both sides will be motivated to show out against the other. 

Can't wait. 

Cant wait to see Diggs vs Benford/Douglas/Johnson. 

Im sure they’ll move him around and given we still have to worry about Collins & Dell, it will be interesting to see what McDermott/Babich truly think about Diggs and trusting those guys in single coverage situations. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, dorquemada said:

we'll see how the Texans are this year.  I like them as a team, though they're not going to sneak up on anyone this year. We'll also see how Diggs act plays on a team where he's not going to be big willy in the WR room.   He's not blowing by anyone any more and McD's D plan is going to be to keep him in front of the second level of the D

I am not high on the Texans. They may win the division again (its a relatively weak division) but they nearly lost the division to the colts who started Gardner Minshew for most of the season. If not for a late drop, they likely miss the playoffs. Now they need to do again, against a first place schedule and personally, I dont think they got much better

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Diggs is a complementary piece in Houston. Josh is our whole team. If Diggs has 120 yard & 2 TDs, does he have a better game than Josh with 400 all-purpose yards & 4 total TDs?

this.

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Week 5 showdown Allen vs Diggs - Who has the better game and who wins?
23 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

I think Diggs has a big game against us. Why wouldn't he? He has motivation, knows the defense, and it's week 5 so he'll still be playing hard. If this was a week 15 game, I say he lays his typical late season '3 catches for 27' stat line.  

McD knows Diggs too, so it will be some cat and mouse. But he isn't even their #1 so Sean won't be bracketing him or showing any special coverage just because he used to play here. 

Because in his past 13 games he has 3 TD’s. And he will now be the third option on a team.  Take away the Miami 3 TD game and he has 5 TD’s in 18 games last season. His best days are behind him unless he finds a rejuvenation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.