Week 5 showdown Allen vs Diggs - Who has the better game and who wins?

Bills @ Texans  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the better individual game?

• Josh Allen
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Both have big games
  2. 2. Who wins the game?

I think it's safe to say that is going to be a big game for a number of reasons.  Bills are still looking to show they are one the beasts of the AFC, Texans are trying to prove they are for real, etc, etc.  And this game could play a role in playoff seeding as well as both teams heading into the season as the betting favorites to win their divisions. 

Both teams have lots of new faces and 5 weeks into the season you would think those new players are or should be settling into their new teams and roles.  But the big storyline is clearly going to be Allen and Diggs.  And while they don't face each other on the field, you know they are both going to want to show they don't need the other and that their current teams made the best decision (Allen with Bills moving on vs Diggs with Texans acquiring him).

So, who do you think comes out having the better individual game, Allen or Diggs?  And bonus question:  Who wins the game since having the better game doesn't always mean their team won?  

1 minute ago, Steve Billieve said:

How is this even a question?

Lol...How is your question even a question?  It's going to be the biggest question and story the week of the game across all NFL coverage.  And all kinds of people on this board have different opinions on the state of Bills...good and bad.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think Allen outplaying Diggs is pretty easy and very likely to happen, winning the game on the other hand is more difficult to predict.

I said Bills W because I’m a Bills fan.

Diggs is a complementary piece in Houston. Josh is our whole team. If Diggs has 120 yard & 2 TDs, does he have a better game than Josh with 400 all-purpose yards & 4 total TDs?

• Thank you (+1) 2

Allen likely has the better stat line as Diggs has a lot of competition for targets in Houston. He's no longer a centerpiece.

As far as who wins the game, let me see an injury report and I'll have a better idea. Still don't really know how our defense is going to look with the new DC and new players. As of now, I'd probably be inclined to take the Bills but a key injury or 2 would likely change that pick 

57 minutes ago, Gregg said:

It looks like the Texans will be wearing a new helmet for this game. I don't remember them wearing a black helmet with a blue "H".

2024_BUF_1TBA.png2023_HOU_4TBA.png

It's an alternate helmet.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills will win this one making any personal stats irrelevant.  The win loss stat is the only one that actually matters, 

• Like (+1) 4

It's funny, because leading up to the game, both Diggs and the Bills will insist that there's no hard feelings, and that it's "just another game".

In reality, I expect the Bills to make it a point to take Diggs out of the game, and I expect the Texans to make a point of trying to feature him. I expect Diggs to be very "up" for the game, and I expect the same from Allen.

No one will ever admit to it, but both sides will be motivated to show out against the other. 

Can't wait. 

• Like (+1) 4

we'll see how the Texans are this year.  I like them as a team, though they're not going to sneak up on anyone this year. We'll also see how Diggs act plays on a team where he's not going to be big willy in the WR room.   He's not blowing by anyone any more and McD's D plan is going to be to keep him in front of the second level of the D

27 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Bills will win this one making any personal stats irrelevant.  The win loss stat is the only one that actually matters, 

Great point - win the game - no matter if it’s defense, ground game, special teams or the passing game! The only stat that counts is won - loss, the rest for endless debate on TBD!

• Like (+1) 1

I think Diggs has a big game against us. Why wouldn't he? He has motivation, knows the defense, and it's week 5 so he'll still be playing hard. If this was a week 15 game, I say he lays his typical late season '3 catches for 27' stat line.  

McD knows Diggs too, so it will be some cat and mouse. But he isn't even their #1 so Sean won't be bracketing him or showing any special coverage just because he used to play here. 

Well, let me post a corollary question—when was the last time Diggs stepped up huge in a meaningful game when it mattered most? 

Personally I think Diggs after all the hype leading into the game, will be used as a decoy on the field a lot, for the reasons OP gave—counting on the Bills to key on him while their other plethora of weapons are targeted instead. Regardless, Josh goes off and makes this a statement W. Maybe even a hurdle thrown in for old times’ sake! 🤫

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.