GDT: UFL Championship 6/16/24 5pm Fox

Wade was an NFL head coach of six different teams and compiled an 82-64 record despite his vagabond lifestyle which seems to say he's an above average coach.  Yet he can't sniff an NFL job.  It seems unfair though his poor playoff record might have something to do with this. 

I hope he gets another chance.

5 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Wade was an NFL head coach of six different teams and compiled an 82-64 record despite his vagabond lifestyle which seems to say he's an above average coach.  Yet he can't sniff an NFL job.  It seems unfair though his poor playoff record might have something to do with this. 

He is 76 and probably doesn’t want to take a job below DC.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I didn’t watch any of the regular season but this game was hard to watch.  The QBs consistently throwing short passes.

Then Garbers pulls a Kyle Orton slide short of the first down.

3 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I didn’t watch any of the regular season but this game was hard to watch.  The QBs consistently throwing short passes.

It's definitely not a QB-driven league.

If I were a coach/GM in this league, I'd forget about QBs and WRs. Just get the most mobile QB you can find to pair with the best RBs you can find. 

San Antonio had the right idea, but was outmatched on the field in the end.

10 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

He doesn't need another chance. He's had ALL the chances.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Sadly this was a crap game by San Antonio. And their QB Garber lost the team when he slid short of a critical first down. A really sad way to end a season. But the Stallions have won 3 straight titles. (2x USFL, 1 UFL) They are the best of the league.

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sadly this was a crap game by San Antonio. And their QB Garber lost the team when he slid short of a critical first down. A really sad way to end a season. But the Stallions have won 3 straight titles. (2x USFL, 1 UFL) They are the best of the league.

Slid short of a first down, who does he think he he Kyle Orton

11 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's definitely not a QB-driven league.

If I were a coach/GM in this league, I'd forget about QBs and WRs. Just get the most mobile QB you can find to pair with the best RBs you can find. 

San Antonio had the right idea, but was outmatched on the field in the end.

He doesn't need another chance. He's had ALL the chances.

LOL... yes, it's not a QB-driven league.

I'm almost afraid to ask but who was backing up Garber?

41 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Rob Johnson made it a specialty to run out of bounds for a loss (saddling his O-line with a sack against) rather than throwing the ball away for an incomplete pass.

Flutie on the other hand... 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

LOL... yes, it's not a QB-driven league.

I'm almost afraid to ask but who was backing up Garber?

No idea. First team to perfect the wildcat offense wins.

Edited by LeGOATski

10 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

lol

When he slid his team was down 22-0 at the end of the 3rd Q.  They would loose 25-0.   This was hardly a critical moment

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol

When he slid his team was down 22-0 at the end of the 3rd Q.  They would loose 25-0.   This was hardly a critical moment

It was pretty much the last moment though is what it sounds like, you score at the bottom of the 3rd and bring it within 2 scores and yeah it's extremely unlikely, but it's much more feasible to see that comeback.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

It was pretty much the last moment though is what it sounds like, you score at the bottom of the 3rd and bring it within 2 scores and yeah it's extremely unlikely, but it's much more feasible to see that comeback.

could have just scored some in Q's 1, 2, 4....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.