Post your best Father/Son or Daughter sports moments

My favorite sports moment with my son was watching him wrestle in his first meet.  He was a freshman on the varsity team because the varsity guy had a bum knee.  He was wrestling a senior who had done very well in sectionals the year before. It was about 2/3 through the match and my son was getting a bit tired. Other guy looked to be getting him in a pin.  My son got a burst, reversed him and pinned him for the win! Entire gym erupted, all his teammates flooded the floor. It was awesome!  Never left the Varsity team after that.

My favorite Bills moment with him?  Called me out of the blue to ask if I wanted season tickets with him.

• Like (+1) 1

My wife is an accomplished athlete and my daughter inherited that talent.  Both competed in their respective sports at the Division 1 level in College.  So there where lots of records/championships and success stories along the way that I got to witness my daughter participate in. 

Me and my sons, were never at that level, but enjoyed sports, and watching their events was as fufilling as wathing my daughters. 

My favorite Bills related story, does involve my daughter.  As an eight year old, she advanced through the punt, pass and kick competition, to the level where she got to compete for the national level prior to, and during half time of the Bills - Dolphins game during the Flutie / Johnson controversy season.  The gap from 8 year old girls to the 15 year old boys competing was comical on its own.  Going by memory, i think the winning 15 year old boy threw the ball over 50 yards.  But the competition was fun. But that was not the most memorable part of the story.  Through half time, all of the kids competing sat together, and then after half time rejoined their parents. During the competition all of the kids were given a Bills Jersey to wear.  They were all the same Jersey, Johnson #7.   My daughter is a big Bills fan today, but as an eight year old was not particularly engaged in following the ins and outs of the team.  I am pretty certain before the game that she would not have been able to say who the Bills QB even was. 

But apparently the kids sitting together as a group had a pretty good bead on the situation.  Her first words when she rejoined us after half time were "I don't know why they gave us these Jerseys, Johnson stinks" . I still chuckle today when I recall the event. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JP51 said:

Going to the Bills/Raiders pre season game in 73 the year the Stadium opened with my Dad and my Uncles I was 5 but I felt like one of the "guys"... never will forget walking into this brand new sparkling stadium and being amazed

Def something as a kid when your dad and the dudes are together and you are allowed to join. super cool feeling

• Awesome! (+1) 1

When the Bills played the Cowboys in the Super Bowl in Atlanta, my dad took me out of school Thursday and Friday to drive to the city and hang out in the lobby in the hotel the Bills were staying at.  I got about 25 autographs including Ralph and OJ.  OJ was nice and was hanging out in the Hooters restaurant and two of the waitresses went upstairs after their shift.  The hotel escalators had security and only the players, families and Bills Management and special guests was allowed up.  Those waitresses got the nod.

Also, I was inside Jim Kelly's RV after a game for about 30 seconds the following year.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When the Bills played the Cowboys in the Super Bowl in Atlanta, my dad took me out of school Thursday and Friday to drive to the city and hang out in the lobby in the hotel the Bills were staying at.  I got about 25 autographs including Ralph and OJ.  OJ was nice and was hanging out in the Hooters restaurant and two of the waitresses went upstairs after their shift.  The hotel escalators had security and only the players, families and Bills Management and special guests was allowed up.  Those waitresses got the nod.

Also, I was inside Jim Kelly's RV after a game for about 30 seconds the following year.

My dad and I were also at the Atlanta Super Bowl. We were walking around downtown the night before the game and wandered into a party at one of the hotels. That’s when I realized we were standing next to Snoop Dog at the bar. My dad said….”who?”. 😂

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

My dad and I were also at the Atlanta Super Bowl. We were walking around downtown the night before the game and wandered into a party at one of the hotels. That’s when I realized we were standing next to Snoop Dog at the bar. My dad said….”who?”. 😂

Is your dad a Fox News Dad?  

• Like (+1) 1

In August 2023, travelling 10,000 miles to Seattle to run a half marathon with my son and finishing together was one of the most priceless moments that I will cherish forever

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

In August 2023, travelling 10,000 miles to Seattle to run a half marathon with my son and finishing together was one of the most priceless moments that I will cherish forever

That’s amazing! Very cool. 

My son couldn’t carry me that far I’m afraid. 

My daughter has ZERO interest in sports, but she does love high price swag, so we used to go to the hotel where the Bills oppenents stayed and watch them get on the bus. 

Good stuff

My son is 9, so just started going to games. His first game was a few seasons ago vs Pittsburgh when Allen was on fire. The tailgate with TBD crew in Hammers, the game, the second tailgate…he never stopped smiling. 

Playoff win vs Miami was really cool too.

I coach him in baseball, and handing him a game ball after a great game was really awesome.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.