Tee Higgins to sign franchise tender

Rubes

59 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

See Beane! That’s how you handle trade requests. Diggs should still be here, regardless of what he wanted.

Has his performance in the playoffs and the second half of last year not been so abismal, one might agree with you. But he disappeared and had a huge drop in the playoff against KC.

It was time for him to move on....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Has his performance in the playoffs and the second half of last year not been so abismal, one might agree with you. But he disappeared and had a huge drop in the playoff against KC.

It was time for him to move on....

I don’t know about all that.  Diggs was an elite WR during his entire time in Buffalo.  That said, I feel strongly that if a player doesn’t want to be in Buffalo, they should not be in Buffalo.  Buh bye.  Good luck.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t know about all that.  Diggs was an elite WR during his entire time (except the playoffs) in Buffalo.  That said, I feel strongly that if a player doesn’t want to be in Buffalo, they should not be in Buffalo.  Buh bye.  Good luck.

fixed that for you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Low Positive said:

See Beane! That’s how you handle trade requests. Diggs should still be here, regardless of what he wanted.

Well Diggs wanted to be serious about winning so that might have been difficult to achieve.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t know about all that.  Diggs was an elite WR during his entire time in Buffalo.  That said, I feel strongly that if a player doesn’t want to be in Buffalo, they should not be in Buffalo.  Buh bye.  Good luck.

Diggs second half of the season and the playoffs left a lot to be desired. If that Diggs was showing up this season, then removing him from the team was a net positive regardless of the trade return. I’ll take a top 5 pick in the 2nd round any day for that. 

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills didn't want him anymore.

Yup.

And Tee is likely to be too expensive next year, most likely. Next year we should expect them to bring in guys who look more like John Brown and Emmanuel Sanders, with likely another guy or two drafted as well.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yup.

And Tee is likely to be too expensive next year, most likely. Every Next year we should expect them to bring in guys who look more like John Brown and Emmanuel Sanders, with likely another guy or two drafted as well.

fixed

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

And Tee is likely to be too expensive next year, most likely. Next year we should expect them to bring in guys who look more like John Brown and Emmanuel Sanders, with likely another guy or two drafted as well.

If so, that means that Coleman is the #1 WR.  So hopefully...

On 6/15/2024 at 7:44 PM, Warcodered said:

I think there is still a deadline where he has to sign it to still get paid.

A franchise tagged player will get paid for the whole season if they sign their contract just prior to the first regular season game. It is between one and three days prior, but I don’t remember exactly which. If they sign it part way through the season, then they just get paid for the portion of games remaining. They have to do it with at least 6 games remaining in the season or they don’t get credit for the season and the contract tolls. 

On 6/16/2024 at 9:40 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Yup.

Hopefully they do. I'll believe that when I see it.

They had a chance to do that this year, and didn't.

Edited by Mark Vader

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Higgins looks like he's going to play nice, but Aiyuk is out here on TikTok telling Jayden Daniels that the 49ers just told him they don't want him back. 

Excess 2025 draft capital just burning a hole in the pocket. Bring in your namesake, Brandon!