VP pick…Dr. Ben Carson, Tulsi Gabbard, Vivek Ramaswamy, or Rep. Byron Donalds?

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Honest question: what do people think Trump is looking for in a VP?

Pence made sense for someone with as many moral challenges as Trump had back in 2016: get Mr. Religion on board to pacify the evangelical base. 

But Trump’s popularity ratings have essentially been the same for the last six years (they dipped at the end of his term but I think they’re back to about the same spot they always are). Few things seem to hurt him, few things seem capable of improving much over ~45%. 

Since it’s unlikely that the choice impacts his electoral fortunes much, what is it that he’s looking for?

Like most Presidential VP picks, it's someone to get them the votes they lack.  That's why Biden chose Harris.

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Like most Presidential VP picks, it's someone to get them the votes they lack.  That's why Biden chose Harris.

I feel like Trump is different, though. 

What is the world of people who watched the 2016 election, watched his presidency, watched the 2020 election, watched his behavior since the election, watched him during the campaign and is still thinking “Well, I dunno about this guy. Maybe if his VP does/has experience with/is X, I could get behind him”?

How many people fall into that category and for them, what is the X that a potential VP solves?

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I feel like Trump is different, though. 

What is the world of people who watched the 2016 election, watched his presidency, watched the 2020 election, watched his behavior since the election, watched him during the campaign and is still thinking “Well, I dunno about this guy. Maybe if his VP does/has experience with/is X, I could get behind him”?

How many people fall into that category and for them, what is the X that a potential VP solves?

You don't think him selecting a black or latino VP would move the needle at all?

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

You don't think him selecting a black or latino VP would move the needle at all?

It might, but he’s such a big figure and his popularity is so consistent, that I’m not sure how much the traditional model applies 

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

I could see him picking Rubio, just to degrade him and make him leave Florida.

I could see him picking Scott, just to force him to get married.

But I still see him picking Stefanik.  I think the ***** move the needle more than race does.

I could see Haley.  She had a lot of support, is a woman and of color.  And before anyone talks about their feud, remember that Harris called Biden a racist.

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

What happened to Doug Burgum? Thought he was in the running.

Too pale and too stale…😉

9 hours ago, Doc said:

I could see Haley.  She had a lot of support, is a woman and of color.  And before anyone talks about their feud, remember that Harris called Biden a racist.

This is true about Harris and Biden…Just something about Haley that doesn’t sit well with me…She’s a little too Establishment for my taste- Too controlled by the globalists and MIC…I don’t see her putting the country before that…