Trump VP Watch: Glenn Youngkin

I like this.  A lot.  

Gov. Youngkin holds closed-door meeting with Trump to discuss Va. campaign: ABC News

https://wjla.com/amp/news/local/youngkin-donald-trump-virginia-campaign-republican-gop-strategies-touring-presidential-sterling-golf-club-competitive-politics-election-joe-biden-hush-money-capitol-hill-new-york-court-guilty

I think it’s the perfect pick.  Popular conservative governor in VA.  But a great balance to Trump.  Would absolutely be a top contender for 2028.  

I would want him out talking about Public Education 24/7.  It’s a winner in VA.  It’s why he won in 2021.  

• Like (+1) 2

As a Virginia resident, I would be very happy with Younkin.

Truth told, I'd prefer him over Trump as the head of the ticket.

Resume isn't quite filled enough to get there, but he's very good.

Sane, relatively young, understands business needs to operate without oppressive gov interference and a host of other things that have served this country well, as opposed to a host of other things in the pipeline that have not.

• Like (+1) 5

Biden absolutely slaughtered Trump in Virginia in 2020, not even really close. I doubt this would help him much at all. 

Does Youngkin believe the 2020 election was stolen and that the Jan 6 animals are heroes and patriots? 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Biden absolutely slaughtered Trump in Virginia in 2020, not even really close. I doubt this would help him much at all. 

Does Youngkin believe the 2020 election was stolen and that the Jan 6 animals are heroes and patriots? 

Depends what you mean by stolen…But there were certainly illegal things that were allowed to happen…

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

There isn't any single criteria that Younkin would be judged as behind Biden.

If he were the Rep nominee he would destroy him at far greater margins than Trump.

Interesting results from the Virginia fifth district Congressional primary yesterday, which was, basically, a Trump vs. other vote.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, sherpa said:

There isn't any single criteria that Younkin would be judged as behind Biden.

If he were the Rep nominee he would destroy him at far greater margins than Trump.

Interesting results from the Virginia fifth district Congressional primary yesterday, which was, basically, a Trump vs. other vote.

Stuff like last night is what keeps me hesitant on being a firm Trump vote. 

Took out a top tier conservative to replace him with a moderate simp all because Good “betrayed” him. 

Hes still better than Biden, but he shows over and over again that he’s just a liberal to moderate Republican, with fiery rhetoric and a demand for pure obedience from his associates. 

…and re: Youngkin.  If he was the nominee, he’d put almost everywhere except the bluest of blue states in play.  Absolute landslide. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Stuff like last night is what keeps me hesitant on being a firm Trump vote. 

Took out a top tier conservative to replace him with a moderate simp all because Good “betrayed” him. 

…and re: Youngkin.  If he was the nominee, he’d put almost everywhere except the bluest of blue states in play.  Absolute landslide. 

I get your point, but I think you are a bit off course.

It wasn't Trump's endorsement of the competitor which cost the incumbent.

It was his insistence that the Speaker of the House be removed.

That posture, which crippled the US legislative branch for weeks, is viewed as what ultimately cost Virginia Republicans from winning both the state House of Delegates and the Senate.

I don't think the Trump thing mattered nearly as much, and I live in this district. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

I get your point, but I think you are a bit off course.

It wasn't Trump's endorsement of the competitor which cost the incumbent.

It was his insistence that the Speaker of the House be removed.

That posture, which crippled the US legislative branch for weeks, is viewed as what ultimately cost Virginia Republicans from winning both the state House of Delegates and the Senate.

I don't think the Trump thing mattered nearly as much, and I live in this district. 

I hope you’re correct and appreciate the further context.  

Given how close it is, the Trump endorsement clearly moved the needle from Good keeping his seat to McGuire being nominated.  

And that would definitely be a valid reason as Republicans seem to do more to stop Republicans than Democrats could ever dream of. 

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I hope you’re correct and appreciate the further context.  

Given how close it is, the Trump endorsement clearly moved the needle from Good keeping his seat to McGuire being nominated.  

And that would definitely be a valid reason as Republicans seem to do more to stop Republicans than Democrats could ever dream of. 

I fully get your logic and point.

But....Trump got demolished in this district in 2020.

His endorsement has little effect.

What happened to Good was the result of being in that small group that trashed the Speaker, which most people here view as costing Republicans legislative control in this state.

He is a "holier than though" guy, but in the end the government must govern, and the removal of the Speaker of the House was a disaster, whihc he and very few others caused.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I fully get your logic and point.

But....Trump got demolished in this district in 2020.

His endorsement has little effect.

What happened to Good was the result of being in that small group that trashed the Speaker, which most people here view as costing Republicans legislative control in this state.

He is a "holier than though" guy, but in the end the government must govern, and the removal of the Speaker of the House was a disaster, whihc he and very few others caused.

Fair take.  And to clarify, my R’s doing more to stop R’s, was in response to the Speaker removal.   Definitely an unforced error. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Biden beat Trump in Virginia, not the other way around 

Can't believe you support Trump, wow. Putin's buddy 

49 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Biden beat Trump in Virginia, not the other way around 

Can't believe you support Trump, wow. Putin's buddy 

Sometimes I think the only thing I do here is refute your lies.

You seem to be incapable of reading what is posted, and processing those things correctly.

To clear up your nonsense, I sated that Biden demolished Trump in this district.

Not sure how you missed that.

For the fifteen millionth time, which you seem to be incapable of processing, I have never supported Trump.

I brick to the head would not help you.

You invent stuff and are completely incapable of honesty, even when someone is willing to contribute sums of money to your favorite charity if you can prove a point.

Simply insane.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Sometimes I think the only thing I do here is refute your lies.

You seem to be incapable of reading what is posted, and processing those things correctly.

To clear up your nonsense, I sated that Biden demolished Trump in this district.

Not sure how you missed that.

For the fifteen millionth time, which you seem to be incapable of processing, I have never supported Trump.

I brick to the head would not help you.

You invent stuff and are completely incapable of honesty, even when someone is willing to contribute sums of money to your favorite charity if you can prove a point.

Simply insane.

You sure seem to be supporting him now. Hard to square your following Ward Carrol and then talking about how bad Biden supposidly is, but never criticizing Trump on policy. Strange 

You obviously want Trump to win. But why? 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

You sure seem to be supporting him now. Hard to square your following Ward Carrol and then talking about how bad Biden supposidly is, but never criticizing Trump on policy. Strange 

You obviously want Trump to win. But why? 

I'm not sure how this even makes sense.

I follow Ward Carroll becasue I trust him.

I trust him becasue he has access to current flags who run things, like the Chief of Naval Air Forces, Pacific, Chief of Naval Air Forces Atlantic, and Chief of Naval Operations, Air Warfare.

In other words, people who are actually in the arena. They are contacts he has had since his days as a junior officer, and I can tell you that those naval aviation bonds are never broken.

It is a brotherhood based on trust and mutual experience, occasional fear, and is insoluble.

He was an east coast Navy guy, and me west, so I never met him, but we have a number of common friends whom I trust implicitly that know him quite well.

None of that, or anything he does, has any political component to it.

He is simply very well versed on a daily basis regarding what is going on, down to the trigger pulling level, which you never get in the US media. He describes engagements at my level, which involves great detail and understanding.

He is very well connected, to the point of being threatened by the US Navy for his participation as a guest expert on major news networks.

I can't stand Biden, who should have been removed for cause a year ago, but that has nothing to do with making me a Trump supporter.

None of this will ever make any sense to you, and I'm sure you will repeat your misjudgments forever.

That's the way it is. 

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/15/2024 at 7:45 AM, sherpa said:

As a Virginia resident, I would be very happy with Younkin.

Truth told, I'd prefer him over Trump as the head of the ticket.

Resume isn't quite filled enough to get there, but he's very good.

Sane, relatively young, understands business needs to operate without oppressive gov interference and a host of other things that have served this country well, as opposed to a host of other things in the pipeline that have not.

The Republicans had a good, young candidate in Ramaswamy. They totally shot themselves in the foot. We're screwed for the next 4 years.

23 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The Republicans had a good, young candidate in Ramaswamy. They totally shot themselves in the foot. We're screwed for the next 4 years.

DeSantis, Youngkin, Haley, Scott all run away with this election … especially Youngkin, who would win this by an electoral landslide we haven’t seen in a long time. 

I’m not sure if this country would elect Vivek.  Bombastic Hindu… I don’t know.  Id vote for him, but he’d better get a bit more serious & less hot take populist on foreign policy. (Even though I like some of his general points)