Coach Prime and mini Prime are nuts

On 8/10/2024 at 1:32 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

Maybe he will prove me wrong, but I very much think to this point in his coaching career, Prime has proven to be a great recruiter and a sub-par coach. He smoked D3 with far superior talent due to his recruiting prowess. So far at D1, not super impressed. He added a few wins to Colorado but seemed to be significantly out-coached many times. 

Is he though? He beat up on the SWAC East and lost 2 straight bowl games to MEAC schools.  He was able to outrecruit that level of program and then he brought several of those players to Colorado including his kids.  

Last year they were more competitive against the bottom echelon of the PAC-12 but they got stomped by Washington and Oregon and needing to beat a bad Washington St. to keep bowl eligibility alive they no-showed and got stomped again.

He's doing a better job of recruiting than his predecessor certainly, but IDK if that constitutes doing a "great" job.  Particularly when you consider how many of the old players he got rid of and how many of his new recruits came in during the hype of year one.  It wasn't a typical year one where he recruited freshmen and you're waiting for them to grow with this year's recruits etc.  He straight up poached whoever he could get his hands on and that got him 4 wins. Will they be better this year? Maybe. They certainly have a weaker schedule which will help them.

8 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Yes, don't want to get it confused with the purity of the pro game

The NFL does not hide the fact they are a billion dollar company.   

For years college football wanted you to believe these kids were just student athletes eating raemen and barely getting by.  When the fact of the matter was the kids who were on their way to the NFL were hardly going to class and being fed millions of dollars by donors.   With NIL and the transfer portal "college football" is even more of a scam.   Just call it what it is.  It's professional football sponsored by learning institutions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t see high level NFL traits in Shadeur.  He’s not a great athlete.  He’s got decent arm strength and touch but doesn’t really get rid of the ball quickly.  He’s throwing to ultra talented WR’s.  Not seeing a 1st round talent in Shadeur.  

• Agree 2

That game couldn't have given Colorado fans any confidence that things are going to be better this year.  Colorado team looked exactly like last year's team in that game.

Despite playing a freshman QB, I expect Nebraska to beat them soundly.  

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2024 at 1:32 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

Maybe he will prove me wrong, but I very much think to this point in his coaching career, Prime has proven to be a great recruiter and a sub-par coach. He smoked D3 with far superior talent due to his recruiting prowess. So far at D1, not super impressed. He added a few wins to Colorado but seemed to be significantly out-coached many times. 

when he was hired, he basically cut the entire team, brought in like 80 new guys.  this past off seasons, over 40 players left and he brought 45 more in.

All of this has resulted in 6 wins so far.  he's the worst.

On 6/14/2024 at 9:20 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Coach “ prime “ is an absolute baffoon.

He was always a loud mouth, jack ass, just as today.

how some people are so ignorant, just as, or more so than him, buy into his ignorant filled garbage.

it absolutely amazes me.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/shilo-sanders-files-for-bankruptcy-colorado-dbs-debt-stems-from-allegedly-assaulting-security-guard-in-2015/

His son handicapped/crippled a security guard and basically is trying to use bankruptcy to get out of paying legally owed damages to the victim. Same son is a known head hunter on the field. 

Real piece of ***** family. I hope they all fail.