Pardons For The Criminals Of January 6th? Trump will release these violent criminals into society!

15 minutes ago, Scraps said:

What cult would I be part of?

Apparently being a member of the opposite party makes one part of a cult.  Just playing along.

15 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Well I don't believe the first two but the third is at least plausible.  Look at what he did to overturn the last election that the convicted felon Trump, the sore lying loser, lost.

Right.  Even though he did leave Office after his first term.  And he won't be able to run for a 3rd term so you're good there.  Oh wait that's right, he's going to make himself ruler for life.  Project 2025, yo!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Doc

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Apparently being a member of the opposite party makes one part of a cult.

That is your definition?  How strange.  It certainly isn't mine.  In fact, I tend to think we are members of the same party.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Right.  Even though he did leave Office after his first term.  And he won't be able to run for a 3rd term so you're good there.  Oh wait that's right, he's going to make himself ruler for life.  Project 2025, yo!  :rolleyes:

He left office because he didn't have any choice.  I give him no credit for that.   He wouldn't even go through the traditional customs on inauguration day.  He was a whiney little crybaby all the way.  What a sore loser.  

There is no reason that the 2 term limit can't be changed.  In fact, I've heard it suggested.  He has suggested suspending parts of the Constitution.

You bringing up Project 2025 hardly gives me confidence.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Scraps said:

That is your definition?  How strange.  It certainly isn't mine.  In fact, I tend to think we are members of the same party.

How so? 

43 minutes ago, Scraps said:

He left office because he didn't have any choice.  I give him no credit for that.   He wouldn't even go through the traditional customs on inauguration day.  He was a whiney little crybaby all the way.  What a sore loser.  

There is no reason that the 2 term limit can't be changed.  In fact, I've heard it suggested.  He has suggested suspending parts of the Constitution.

You bringing up Project 2025 hardly gives me confidence.

You don't refuse to leave Office because you were given a choice.  You just refuse to leave.  Again we heard all throughout the run-up to 2016 and during his Presidency that he would seize control of the Government and refuse to leave.  Why would you think, much less expect us to believe, it would happen this time?

And how do you suppose he suspend parts of the Constitution?  I've heard talk of it but no real plan on how to actually do it.

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, Doc said:

How so? 

I assume you are a Republican, given how you defend convicted felon Donald Trump and attack Biden and Deomcrats.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

You don't refuse to leave Office because you were given a choice.  You just refuse to leave

In which case he would have been evicted.  Fae it, he was and still is a whiney, weak, sore loser who lost.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Again we heard all throughout the run-up to 2016 and during his Presidency that he would seize control of the Government and refuse to leave.  Why would you think, much less expect us to believe, it would happen this time?

And how do you suppose he suspend parts of the Constitution?  I've heard talk of it but no real plan on how to actually do it.

I don't recall hearing that in the run-up to 2016, nor during his Presidency.

There are numerous reasons to believe it could happen this time.

1.  If the Supreme Court agrees that a President has absolute immunity, he can do whatever he wants.  After 2 impeachments he has learned that there will never be enough Republicans in the Senate to remove him from power.

2.  He will have far more sycophants in his next administration.  Gone will be the guardrails that inhibited him the last time (John Kelly, Mark Milley, Bill Barr, Rod Rosenstien ...).  He won't make that mistake twice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

I assume you are a Republican, given how you defend convicted felon Donald Trump and attack Biden and Deomcrats.

In which case he would have been evicted.  Fae it, he was and still is a whiney, weak, sore loser who lost.

I don't recall hearing that in the run-up to 2016, nor during his Presidency.

There are numerous reasons to believe it could happen this time.

1.  If the Supreme Court agrees that a President has absolute immunity, he can do whatever he wants.  After 2 impeachments he has learned that there will never be enough Republicans in the Senate to remove him from power.

2.  He will have far more sycophants in his next administration.  Gone will be the guardrails that inhibited him the last time (John Kelly, Mark Milley, Bill Barr, Rod Rosenstien ...).  He won't make that mistake twice.

Nope, not a Republican.  As I told BSTime, I'm an atheist and therefore disqualified.  I considered myself a Dem at one time and actually voted for Obama the first time but soon changed when I saw the direction the party was taking.  It's only gotten worse since then and while Trump isn't perfect, he's a means to an end.

Wait, you're telling me that Dems weren't whiny, weak, sore losers who/because they lost in 2016?  Hilly specifically? 

As for the Constitution, look here:  https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/05/politics/donald-trump-constitution-analysis/index.html

It's CNN so you shouldn't have a problem with it.

• Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, Doc said:

You don't refuse to leave Office because you were given a choice.  You just refuse to leave.

or you change the definition of democracy, preordain that a trump loss will mean a rigged election and prepare your followers for civil unrest or possible war.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-fans-proudly-tell-cnns-donie-osullivan-u-s-is-not-a-democracy-predict-civil-war-if-trump-loses/

"But I think the reason why this conversation about language has risen now is because there is a part of the Republican Party that would like to rule as a minority, and they need an excuse for why that’s okay. And so they have begun to say, we’re not a democracy, we’re a republic. And it’s not a hundred percent clear what that means, but I think they mean, we want Donald Trump to be able to do whatever he wants."

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Doc said:

This actually refutes your argument by documenting trump's call to remove the constitution.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

The wolves are at your door...

coyotes, bobcats, hawks and bear.  I live in a red area tho.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Nope, not a Republican.  As I told BSTime, I'm an atheist and therefore disqualified.  I considered myself a Dem at one time and actually voted for Obama the first time but soon changed when I saw the direction the party was taking.  It's only gotten worse since then and while Trump isn't perfect, he's a means to an end.

What is the end you desire?

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Wait, you're telling me that Dems weren't whiny, weak, sore losers who/because they lost in 2016?  Hilly specifically? 

Hillary conceded.  She also attended his bizarre inauguration.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/14/2024 at 2:57 PM, Tiberius said:

Oh ya, why should thugs that attacked police officers get jail time? F'n animals! Lock them up forever! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2024/06/14/trump-jan6-attack-pardons/

Trump has made pardoning Jan. 6 defendants a signature campaign promise as he seeks another term in the White House, saying in a recent interview that he would consider all of them. His vow to exercise the clemency powers of the presidency has raised alarms about his support for political violence and touched off private conversations among supporters about how to deliver on his pledge.

Trump campaign spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt said he will decide “on a case-by-case basis when he is back in the White House.” She did not specify what criteria Trump would use. When asked directly, Trump has declined to rule out members of extremist groups such as the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers, whose leaders were convicted of seditious conspiracy.

“I don’t think pardons are a great idea for everyone, I think there should be a true investigation,” said Tami Jackson, whose husband, Brian Jackson, pleaded guilty in February to assaulting law enforcement and is being held in the D.C. jail awaiting sentencing in August. “I’m very much for accountability but I don’t think what my husband did warrants any jail time.”

@Irv wants those violent police attackers back on the street 

I’m not in favor of across the board pardons,  but pardons/commutations on a case-by-case basis makes sense.   

Your statement “Lock them up forever!” hits to the heart of why.  You’re advocating for what amounts to lynch mob justice, and that’s not what our system of justice is supposed to be about.  With 1/6 defendants, we’re seeing/hearing stories about a justice system being contorted to make the action fit the penalty desired, excessive sentences, and long delays in getting defendants to trial.  It actually reflects a deviation from the standards we see in our cities and towns across the country, where the movement is to get defendants back in the street quickly, bail reform and a movement away from criminalizing criminality like shoplifting and theft. 

Those guilty of serious crimes, assault etc…prison sentences make sense if they are consistent with other sentences handed out.  

Of course, generally, any individual pardoned issued by a president will likely be criticized by the other side, so we’ll just have to see. 

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

How exactly could or would President Trump "suspend" parts of the constitution.  How would that work?

Declare a public emergency and declare martial law. He'd have the backing of 1/3 of the country at least. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m not in favor of across the board pardons,  but pardons/commutations on a case-by-case basis makes sense.   

For these criminals? No, no they do not. They were duly convicted and should serve their time. 

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Your statement “Lock them up forever!” hits to the heart of why.  You’re advocating for what amounts to lynch mob justice, and that’s not what our system of justice is supposed to be about.  With 1/6 defendants, we’re seeing/hearing stories about a justice system being contorted to make the action fit the penalty desired, excessive sentences, and long delays in getting defendants to trial.  It actually reflects a deviation from the standards we see in our cities and towns across the country, where the movement is to get defendants back in the street quickly, bail reform and a movement away from criminalizing criminality like shoplifting and theft. 

Those guilty of serious crimes, assault etc…prison sentences make sense if they are consistent with other sentences handed out.  

Of course, generally, any individual pardoned issued by a president will likely be criticized by the other side, so we’ll just have to see. 

Strange choice of words regarding a mob that showed up with a gallows chanting "Hang Mike Pence".  How ironic. 

I'm not convince that the Jan 6 defendants are being over charged.  Do you have examples?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Declare a public emergency and declare martial law. He'd have the backing of 1/3 of the country at least. 

For these criminals? No, no they do not. They were duly convicted and should serve their time. 

But that’s not how the justice system works, Tibs.  If you have a problem with that you should move to Russia! 

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Strange choice of words regarding a mob that showed up with a gallows chanting "Hang Mike Pence".  How ironic. 

I'm not convince that the Jan 6 defendants are being over charged.  Do you have examples?

Last time you asked me a question, I answered and believe you ended up on a milk carton.   I find that a waste of time. 

I spoke out against the actions of 1/6 defendants on 1/6.  I’ve not changed nor waivered on that, but if you are advocating for the Tibs mode of locking people up forever because they chanted something, you’re on the wrong side of history. 

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

But that’s not how the justice system works, Tibs.  If you have a problem with that you should move to Russia! 

Last time you asked me a question, I answered and believe you ended up on a milk carton.   I find that a waste of time. 

I spoke out against the actions of 1/6 defendants on 1/6.  I’ve not changed nor waivered on that, but if you are advocating for the Tibs mode of locking people up forever because they chanted something, you’re on the wrong side of history. 

which party chants "Lock him up" at prez rallies

54 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

or you change the definition of democracy, preordain that a trump loss will mean a rigged election and prepare your followers for civil unrest or possible war.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-fans-proudly-tell-cnns-donie-osullivan-u-s-is-not-a-democracy-predict-civil-war-if-trump-loses/

"But I think the reason why this conversation about language has risen now is because there is a part of the Republican Party that would like to rule as a minority, and they need an excuse for why that’s okay. And so they have begun to say, we’re not a democracy, we’re a republic. And it’s not a hundred percent clear what that means, but I think they mean, we want Donald Trump to be able to do whatever he wants."

44 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

This actually refutes your argument by documenting trump's call to remove the constitution.  Thanks.

coyotes, bobcats, hawks and bear.  I live in a red area tho.

Yes.  He wants to remove the Constitution.  Make himself a dictator for life.  Have a Unified Reich.  Deport non-whites.  Install a Christofascist state.  We get it. :rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, Scraps said:

What is the end you desire?

Hillary conceded.  She also attended his bizarre inauguration.

And yet she still to this day claims the election was stolen from her.

27 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

which party chants "Lock him up" at prez rallies

I would say that applies to both parties.  Same with claims of elections being rigged.  Same with “no one is above the law” and when complaining about special treatment for the other guy but supporting it fully when it’s your guy. 

Be that as it may, it has nothing to do Presidential pardons or people being given life sentences.  Do you believe, as does Tibs and perhaps Scraps, that all people arrested and charged for activity on 1/6 should have been given life sentences? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I would say that applies to both parties.  Same with claims of elections being rigged.  Same with “no one is above the law” and when complaining about special treatment for the other guy but supporting it fully when it’s your guy. 

Be that as it may, it has nothing to do Presidential pardons or people being given life sentences.  Do you believe, as does Tibs and perhaps Scraps, that all people arrested and charged for activity on 1/6 should have been given life sentences? 

I believe that had they tried and proven treason, death would;d be the prescribed punishment.  I think they were wise not to, however.  Would have precipitated more violence from the losers on your side.  pls link a Biden rally with that chant...

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes.  He wants to remove the Constitution.  Make himself a dictator for life.  Have a Unified Reich.  Deport non-whites.  Install a Christofascist state.  We get it. :rolleyes:

Trump said it, not me.  Look it up!  Oh wait, I just provided it for you.  Why do you believe he said it?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Trump said it, not me.  Look it up!  Oh wait, I just provided it for you.  Why do you believe he said it?

To rile you guys up.  And it works...every...time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1