Dak wants 60 million a year

21 hours ago, boater said:

You can have a clean liver if you want it. The liver can recover.

Abs? I don't know you well enough to say. Some people can get them, and some are just too far gone  ;)

You missed my point I want those things despite the fact I don't deserve either of them.  

My liver and abs will recover once beer stops tasting so good.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Dallas has a $40M dead cap hit, as of now, on Dak in 2025.

Add the $60M AAV contract on top and it could almost make more sense to move on.

It will be interesting to see what contract terms look like if signed.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Dallas has a $40M dead cap hit, as of now, on Dak in 2025.

Add the $60M AAV contract on top and it could almost make more sense to move on.

It will be interesting to see what contract terms look like if signed.

Serious question, If Dallas signs Dak to an extension does that 40 million in dead cap still count? 

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Serious question, If Dallas signs Dak to an extension does that 40 million in dead cap still count? 

Yes, the dead cap still counts but with a new contract it can be "restructured" in.

I'm expecting if Dak signs a 4-year contract that it will already include a void year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/19089/dak-prescott

On 6/14/2024 at 2:53 PM, thenorthremembers said:

This thread should just be posters stating things they want but don't deserve

I want 6 pack abs and a clean liver.

I used to have six pack abs, now I have quarter barrel abs 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/14/2024 at 3:58 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s got numbers and wins. He’s somewhere in the top 10.

That's the thing.  He's not a bad QB, just not good enough to tie up that kind of cap room.  To me, anyway.  

You'd get similar production with Goff or Cousins.

Is it that time again?  One of my favorite traditions here is watching everyone pretend that a star QB is crazy to ask for a huge contract that he will obviously never get only to be shocked when he gets it. 

• Dislike 1

They just need to put a cap on the QB position if they don’t eventually it will be so much they won’t be able to field the rest of the team or the team will have to be much less I’m other areas . 

it’s 1 thing to get paid good, well hell that’s a hole lot more than just good money but if they just continue to let it go like every thin g humans touch it will get out of hand and IMHO kind of already is. 

But of course one of you will disagree and say how it can never be to much to play a game !! 

25 minutes ago, Billl said:

Is it that time again?  One of my favorite traditions here is watching everyone pretend that a star QB is crazy to ask for a huge contract that he will obviously never get only to be shocked when he gets it. 

I’m not sure if I should feel honored or weirded out that you linked to something I posted 5 years ago. 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

For those who think Dallas should let him walk, where would you rank him amongst this list of every QB drafted in the past 5 seasons who has been even remotely viable:

Kyler Murray

Daniel Jones

Drew Lock 

Gardner Minshew

Joe Burrow

Justin Herbert

Tua

Jalen Hurts

Jordan Love 

Trevor Lawrence

Zach Wilson

Mac Jones

Justin Fields

Brock Purdy

Kenny Pickett

Sam Howell

Desmond Ritter

Bryce Young

CJ Stroud

Will Levis

Anthony Richardson

The only one I would say is definitively better is Burrow, and he’s constantly injured. Stroud looks like a stud, and Love might be soon.  I think Dak is just as good as Lawrence, Tua, Purdy, and Hurts. 

So you can sign him to a huge deal or you can hope to find a QB in the draft even though half the drafts won’t have one as good as him, and half of those who are will be gone before you’re ever on the clock. 

4 hours ago, T master said:

They just need to put a cap on the QB position if they don’t eventually it will be so much they won’t be able to field the rest of the team or the team will have to be much less I’m other areas . 

it’s 1 thing to get paid good, well hell that’s a hole lot more than just good money but if they just continue to let it go like every thin g humans touch it will get out of hand and IMHO kind of already is. 

But of course one of you will disagree and say how it can never be to much to play a game !! 

I agree it’s getting ridiculous soon the QB and WR# 1 will be taking 75% of the salary cap 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.