Dak wants 60 million a year

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He is nowhere near worth this much money but that’s the NFL qb market these days 

I’m sure his agent’s next words after that to Jerruh always start with, “Hear me out…” 

4 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Why do you think the Cowboys are hostage?  They can move on from Dak.  Are they going to be worse if they went with Cooper Rush or Trey Lance?  

Teams get too smitten with some guys, just because they have been there a while.  Look at the results.  Dak is good at times.  But he is no Josh Allen.  Doesn't play with that fire.  But Jerry loves his players.  Thinks there always better then they really are.  That's why the Cowboys are always a paper tiger.  Management thinks because these guys have the star on their helmet they are something special.  Cowboys didn't look too special playing in the rain and cold of Buffalo last year.  Or in the playoffs at home against the Packers.  And their coach Fatty McCarthy isn't very special either.  McDermott has owned him.

But if the Cowboys were smart enough to let Dak walk, or at least wait to see what he brings to the team this year, some other team will be stupid enough to pay him big bucks, and get less production then they hoped for.  

Here is a question for you and the entire board.  Who would you rather have as your starting QB for the next 2-4 years, Jared Goff, Kirk Cousins or Dak Prescott?  And throw in Jalen Hurts and Trevor Lawrence also.

Do that question with a poll in a separate thread with all five of them

I want the Bills to also have to deal with the embarrassment that one of their SB rings has a typo in it. 

Edited by transient
…fixed a typo. 🤦‍♂️😂

The only QB’s actually worth 60M are Mahomes and Allen.  

In fact, given the Super Bowl rings, Mahomes could literally just name his number. 

Ill listen to the argument for Lamar, given how Jackson-centric that team is, even though I don’t agree he’s worth it. 

Everyone else is a clear step below them or has issues staying on the field. 

Give the guy what he wants!!

I hope it keeps him in Dallas for a while.

Then the Bills will have another team that can never be a serious contender in the league.

Or, it not,  he can be the Jets quarterback after rodgers is taken away by the men in the white coats..

19 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I honestly hate this future based value.

If you are among the best, be paid that way.  If you are less, even though it is a contract year, sorry, but you get less.

Trevor Lawrence should be sitting somewhere in 8-12 money...fine then compromise at 9 or 10 ($45 or so range).

Because in this League, right now, it should be what you are worth...in this league...right now.  

I also don't  even think he is worth that, but you have to give him something.

it’s just eating up a percentage of cap

Josh is getting X percentage of cap from the last few years, and dak will likely get a smaller slice of a much bigger pie looking at cap going forward…until Josh re-ups his commitment and gets a larger slice than dak if that larger pie

3 hours ago, transient said:

I want the Bills to also have to deal with the embarrassment that one of their SB rings has a typo in it. 

Is this accidentally brilliant or just plain brilliant?

the rate of growth of the revenue and therefore the cap makes much of this discussion moot.

sure it's a lot of money....but there's a lot money for it.  This thread can and will be posted every time a QB gets a "massive contract", that, 2 years later, is looked upon as no big deal.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He is nowhere near worth this much money but that’s the NFL qb market these days 

Oh yeah?

Well, I’m seeking $70 million…I’ll let ya know when I find it…😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.