Who is on your All-Time Buffalo Bills Mt. SHUSHmore?

I will try to do this balancing the idea of impact or less then on the field with also defining the Bills themselves over a period of time. This isn't just they were bad or a bad draft pick, it needs to be deeper. With that said:

Tom Cousineau - He refused to play in Buffalo as he found the franchise as very blah and the money not enough with Ralph (sound familiar). Ironically the Bills of the late 70s and early 80s were pretty decent, but the overall look of a #1 pick refusing to play for you and part of the reason being money represent a lot of what has went wrong in the past

Dick Jauron - He is the drought coach. 7-9 across the board, a team that ripped defeat from the jaws of victory, a coach who played for 3rd and 4 so you could maybe run for a 1st or win field position. The famous 6-3 Browns loss coach along with a bunch of other heart breakers mixed in. Across the board no one else represented ineptitude and being "in the hunt" when truly you stunk like Jauron.

Sammy Watkins - If Jauron represented the 2000s version of the drought then Sammy was the 2010s version. Talent existed, hype existed, but the work needed never came together, the expectations failed, and the drama surrounding the player both with the team and fanbase was a tirefire.

Hank Bullough - An awful head coach at a time the teams future was rocky and once Kelly got here a guy who was literally told by his players to be fired because it wasn't up to snuff. Story goes Jim Kelly got so tired of him he told Ralph it is him or me, thank god he kept Kelly.

• Like (+1) 2

Dick "we punted well" Jauron

Rex Ryan

Buddy "Foghorn Leghorn........boy, i say, boy" Nix

And......"that's a whole lot of" Malarkey

And we wonder why as fans we had an almost 20-year drought with these ass clowns at the helm.........oy vay.

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

I will try to do this balancing the idea of impact or less then on the field with also defining the Bills themselves over a period of time. This isn't just they were bad or a bad draft pick, it needs to be deeper. With that said:

Tom Cousineau - He refused to play in Buffalo as he found the franchise as very blah and the money not enough with Ralph (sound familiar). Ironically the Bills of the late 70s and early 80s were pretty decent, but the overall look of a #1 pick refusing to play for you and part of the reason being money represent a lot of what has went wrong in the past

Dick Jauron - He is the drought coach. 7-9 across the board, a team that ripped defeat from the jaws of victory, a coach who played for 3rd and 4 so you could maybe run for a 1st or win field position. The famous 6-3 Browns loss coach along with a bunch of other heart breakers mixed in. Across the board no one else represented ineptitude and being "in the hunt" when truly you stunk like Jauron.

Sammy Watkins - If Jauron represented the 2000s version of the drought then Sammy was the 2010s version. Talent existed, hype existed, but the work needed never came together, the expectations failed, and the drama surrounding the player both with the team and fanbase was a tirefire.

Hank Bullough - An awful head coach at a time the teams future was rocky and once Kelly got here a guy who was literally told by his players to be fired because it wasn't up to snuff. Story goes Jim Kelly got so tired of him he told Ralph it is him or me, thank god he kept Kelly.

Cousineau...got us the draft pick that nought us JIm kelly

3 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Chris Kelsey, Keith Ellison, Devin Singletary & Star Lotulei

Honorable mention is James Cook he's a product of our system if we had a real back they'll get 2000 yds easy. 

Coaches on this list Mcd, Dick Juaron & Chan Gailey 

How can I forget Maybin that pick made me sick

I hated that pick... then when he put out that QB CRAVEN rap tune I was like dude just stop....

4 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Cousineau...got us the draft pick that nought us JIm kelly

I know but as I said at the time it was an awful reflection of the franchise and which looked cheap and mishandled… something that was proven later in again

• Like (+1) 1

Four coaches/front office people

Doug Whaley. His most successful draft pick was Sammy Watkins. All-in on EJ Manuel.

Tom Donahoe. He could have traded up for Ben Roethlisberger. But he decided Houston's asking price was too high. He could have waited a year and drafted Aaron Rodgers. Instead of doing either of those things, he drafted JP Losman.

Gregg Williams. Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense had been outstanding. Williams dismantled that, and installed his own blitz-happy scheme. Used bullhorns to wake players up in the morning. In New Orleans, was the centerpiece of the bountygate scandal.

Rex Ryan. Build a bully. A blowhard and an embarrassment to the franchise. His defense was doing poorly, so he fired his perfectly good offensive coordinator, Greg Roman. Rex reasoned that he'd be less likely to be fired during the season, if the team lacked a qualified interim coach.

Four players

OJ Simpson. Obviously.

Kelvin Benjamin. Too lazy to catch a football.

Donte Whitner. Okay. I realize it's not his fault that Levy/Jauron squandered the 8th overall pick on him. But given that he came to Buffalo overrated and over-hyped, he had a tendency to over-promise and under-deliver.

Some of our OL in a Nate Peterman start. At one point, McDermott made the decision to bench Tyrod Taylor and put in Nate Peterman. One or more of our OL took issue with that, and deliberately whiffed on some of their blocks. That's enough to richly earn them a place on this list.

On 6/14/2024 at 6:36 AM, GETTOTHE50 said:

1. Tremaine ‘only 19’ Edmunds. Physical freak but was always late. No way he made it to appointments on time.

2. Marcell Dareus. Definition of a bum. Put that captains hat away fatass. 

3. Trent ‘not a bills fan’ Edwards. Was not the same after he got knocked to another dimension in phoenix. Damn shame that he turned into an ass too.

4. Buddy ‘show me the baby’ nix. That was one helluva an ugly baby. This dude had no business being in a nfl front office. He was more concerned with sleeping than actually doing anything. He drafted ej manuel and then bailed, like who the ***** does that. I bet he was a terrible gift giver too. 

Yeah, when some teams innovate, Ralph went very “old school” with Marv and later Nix  as GM.

Trent Edwards - Who runs out of bounds for a 5 yard loss on 4th and 2 with less than a minute to play ? ... Trent Edwards that's who.

Vontae Davis - I get it, you couldn't play anymore. Tell Coach at halftime that you can't continue but don't walk out on the team like that.

Donte Whitner - Don't taze me bro was king of the piling on backle

Russ Brandon - The man the myth the ...

Untitled.jpg.bc1c2ec423bb1a5db9997c77e916b1f8.jpg

On 6/18/2024 at 1:40 PM, corta765 said:

Great post and very accurate 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/14/2024 at 3:57 PM, PonyBoy said:

Sounds like you're saying McDermott is a high motor coach? 

He's getting close, attitude, effort, want to, but end of the day...Can he get it done? 

Bills fans need someone to get it done!

If not, what's the barber say?????

NEXT! 😀

As Lou Saban says in that famous clip “You gotta get it done!”

• Like (+1) 1

Gary Anderson -  burn in hell traitor.

Drafted by us in the 7th round (when there were still 12 rounds) in 1982, he was to be our kicker of the future. But he purposely sandbagged, missing chip shot field goals, and forced us to cut him in the pre-season. all because of our reputation. He went on to 2 first All Pro Teams, 4 Pro Bowls, and both the 1980's and 1990's All-Decade Teams. He is the NFL's third all-time leafing scorer (A. Vinatieri, M. Andersen).

Instead, we got the pleasure of Efren Herrera as our kicker that year. Thanks.

Other traitors? Cribbs and Cousineau, at least. Well, Jim Kelly too, but he made if up to us.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2

On 6/14/2024 at 7:44 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

We have all seen and many have debated who would be the 4 faces of the Buffalo Bills in a Mt. Rushmore of the team. I want to take the conversation in the opposite direction.

If you were to make a Mt. Rushmore that featured your 4 least favorite all time members of the Bills franchise...who would they be and why? Was it their play on the field? Their personality rub you the wrong way? Bad experience meeting them in person? 

I'll add mine a little later as I don't want to influence the initial responses. 

"Mayhem" Maybin would be at the top of mine, if only for having to watch his on field performance(when he got on the field that is) AND listen to his God Awful rap song. A Double Whammy of terribleness so to speak.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.