Who is on your All-Time Buffalo Bills Mt. SHUSHmore?

Kelvin Benjamin and Karlos Williams both because they were very talented but completely gave up here with their lack of work ethic n training  

Dick Jauron. i mean just look at that face but mr 7-9 was such a p**** . Made me sick

JP Losman

Rex

The Skipper/Mongolian Buffet Drag Racer

EJ

Edwards

Orton and Flutie get a pass because they QB'd the Bills to their only winning seasons for 20 years.   Plus lots of posters seem to forget the "Flutiemania" that helped Ol' Ralphie squeeze more money (another 65-125 million) out of the county for renovations for more luxury suites.   

On 6/14/2024 at 10:52 AM, Sestak4ever said:

Ronnie Harmon short arming the playoff game winning touchdown pass from Jim Kelly with 9 seconds to go in the game!!!!

**** Ronnie Harmon.  The SOB post game said something to the fact Kelly threw the ball too soft.  

• Angry 1

My list is shaped by the fact that I have a hard time hating 3rd liners.  For example, while I get the Kelsey hate because of what he symbolized, I can't hate him for not being a top 6 forward.  I guess what I hate the most is lack of effort or downright stupidity and that wasn't him.  For the same reason, I can't hate Tyrod.  Besides, he broke the drought and we got a great pick for trading him which I think (?) was used to help us trade up for Allen.

1.  Rex and Greggo - Rex is listed first because I disliked him before he came and hated the hire.  They are listed together because they both came in and took a top defense, completely revamped it, and destroyed it.  If I remember right, Greggo's defense was number 1 and the Bills number 3 in yards given up the year before he became our coach.  He used that as a reason for the change.  Such a stupid argument to switch your defense from 3-4 to 4-3 and turn over your players.

2.  Orton - an obvious inclusion given that I hate lack of effort and he is a bit of a poster child for that.

3.  Jauron - I want to view him as a try hard guy, but stupidity outweighed his effort.  I remember once that he decided to play the Brady Patriots with such a soft defense and they ended up scoring on almost every possession.  When asked about it, he said that he had to do that so they wouldn't get beat for a quick score.  Meanwhile I am screaming at the screen because they are playing behind the sticks on third downs.  Dude, it is about stops.  I would rather have them beat us over the top 3 times out of 5 than to have them score 5 straight times.

4.  Dareus - I can't tell you how high I was on him.  He should have been dominant.  I can't hate Maybin because the Bills were stupid to draft him.  With Dareus, I think the Bills made the right choice to draft him.  He just didn't put in the effort.  What was his draft position?  3rd overall?  

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Greg Bell?  Agree with all the rest. I don't recall anything bad about Bell and he helped us get Bennett.

Great list!

I lived near him and the neighbors thought he was a dick.  Showed up when he felt like it and was unpopular in the locker room.  It's why they got rid of him.  You are right about turning him into Bennett

1.Aaron Maybin because he stole money

2. Mike Williams because he was a colossal waste of a draft pick and contributed to our line being putrid for a decade plus.

3. I’ll add Kelsey. I’m sure he is a great guy but as others have said, epitomized mediocrity and bad decision making of the era.

4. Leodis Mckelvin. I was on a trip in the Caribbean and my second night there was the first game of the season where he muffed that punt. In hindsight that wouldn’t have been a turning point but starting off that season with a loss absolutely sucked.

i just stuck to players. Way too many coaches and front office staff to list

to be carved into the side of a mountain, it has to has to have been a major jerk. There are a number to chose from in the era of futility, but I'm going with:

1. Rex Ryan - worst coach in team history, set the team back after insisting on transitioning a solid 4-3 to his preferred 3-4. I'd put Russ Brandon up there with him fo. Doug Marrone comes in a close second for being such a jerk.

2. Russ Brandon - for basically causing the entire era of futility, with bad coaches/GMs and draft picks.  Tom Donahue is a close second, but I at least appreciated the effort by bringing in Bledsoe.

3. Willis McGhee - the Toronto comment will forever keep him on our sh!t list

4. Rob Johnson - we would have won the SB that year with Flutie. He was such a bad fit, Cali surfer dude. I thought about doing a combo of the big busts - JP Losman/EJ Manuel/Mike Williams/Aaron Maybin - but it's hard to blame a guy too much for being a bust. Besides Maybin they all seemed to try. 

There are probably a few good candidates from the pre-Kelly era too. 

Edited by harmonkillebrew
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

**** Ronnie Harmon.  The SOB post game said something to the fact Kelly threw the ball too soft.  

'Goldilocks'. 🤨

Had it been Allen throwing, it would have been too hard.  If Peterman, Nate would have either thrown it to a Brown, or held onto it and ran out the clock. 🙁

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I lived near him and the neighbors thought he was a dick.  Showed up when he felt like it and was unpopular in the locker room.  It's why they got rid of him.  You are right about turning him into Bennett

Thanks.  I didn't know that

Rex Ryan- his ego destroyed such a dominant defense 

Kelvin Benjamin- ditto all comments before me on the dude

Mario Williams- I really was expecting we were going to get a generational type player/talent with him at first.  To me he was disappointing.  

The 4th one I had a hard time with but I'm going Tyler Bass.  The missed field goal in the playoff game, his wide right kick against the Giants this year sent all sorts of PTSD with me.  The team was lucky to win that game.  I can't recall having this little faith in a Bills field goal kicker ever.  

On 6/14/2024 at 9:16 AM, The Jokeman said:

1. Doug Flutie, he divided the locker room and fanbase like no other.

2. Doug Marrone, he pretty much made EJ Manuel a wasted pick by not starting him and then left town and left us to deal with it.

3, Mike Williams I wanted Bryant McKinnie as had big time doubts Mike could shift to LT, he was so bad he couldn't even start at RG.

4. Ralph Wilson, people may praise him for keeping the team in Buffalo but he was a horrible owner IMO. 

Huh?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/14/2024 at 5:56 PM, Low Positive said:

For those who think that drought was bad, the mid 80's were even worse. They were not tanking, they just sucked. I'll never forget sitting in a 3/4 empty Rich Stadium, watching the Bills lose to the Vikings 27-20 in what ended up being Kay Stevenson's last game as HC. We got the tickets because someone gave them to us for free. And I just checked Weather Underground. It was 71 degrees and sunny at 1:00 for the kickoff. The team was so bad that no one in Buffalo cared. So...

1. Kay Stephenson
  2. Hank Bullough
  3. Vince Ferragamo
  4.  Fred Smerlas (F him and his Boston-loving a$$.)

Vince couldn’t help that the Bills in their infinite wisdom picked him up past his expiration date. He had some respectable years with the Rams .. and Boston loyalty or not, fat Freddie was an excellent nose tackle and arguably one of the top DL in team history. 

47 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Rex Ryan- his ego destroyed such a dominant defense 

Kelvin Benjamin- ditto all comments before me on the dude

Mario Williams- I really was expecting we were going to get a generational type player/talent with him at first.  To me he was disappointing.  

The 4th one I had a hard time with but I'm going Tyler Bass.  The missed field goal in the playoff game, his wide right kick against the Giants this year sent all sorts of PTSD with me.  The team was lucky to win that game.  I can't recall having this little faith in a Bills field goal kicker ever.  

Williams had three outstanding seasons here … no way he belongs on Mt. Trashmore 

40 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm sensing a theme....

Did you just accuse me of hating Asians!  

I do NOT hate Asians!!!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Players:

Marcel Dareus

Marshawn Lynch

Jason Peters

Stephone Gilmore

Honorable mentions: Jarius Byrd, Mike Williams, Sammy Watkins

Coaches:

Doug Marrone

Gregg Williams

Hank Bullough/Kay Stevenson

Mike Mularkey

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.