Who is on your All-Time Buffalo Bills Mt. SHUSHmore?

Vontae Davis' name has come up a few times in this thread.

He died just a few months ago... still no cause of death released.

Not long ago he did an ad for FanDuel... cashing in on his infamous retirement:

I made a decision to drop our season tickets when we hired Chan Gailey. That had quit written all over it.

Tom Donohoe knew how to write cheques, nothing more.

Ralph kept the team here but it was the fans who really deserve credit for that. He sleepwalked from the 4 falls of Buffalo to his passing. 

Our big signings like TO and Mario Williams accomplished nothing.

Conversely, some good things during the decade of fail were good RBs (Henry, Lynch, Thomas, McCoy, Jackson, Spiller, McGahee), excellent secondary play (Jabari Greer, Jairus Byrd) and Kyle Williams.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/14/2024 at 9:12 AM, Gregg said:

Tom Cousineau

Mike Williams

Aaron Maybin

EJ Manuel

JP Losman

Basically, went with Bills draft busts.  OJ also has to be on it for the obvious reason.

The Naked Gun movies? Agreed…So overrated…😉👍

21 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I made a decision to drop our season tickets when we hired Chan Gailey. That had quit written all over it.

Ralph kept the team here but it was the fans who really deserve credit for that. He sleepwalked from the 4 falls of Buffalo to his passing. 

Conversely, some good things during the decade of fail were good RBs (Henry, Lynch, Thomas, McCoy, Jackson, Spiller, McGahee), excellent secondary play (Jabari Greer, Jairus Byrd) and Kyle Williams.  

Chans offense was fun to watch, he got a lot out of CJ Spiller. defense Meh

On 6/15/2024 at 6:22 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

1. OJ....he's the reason this LA kid started following the Bills. Was it a gift or a curse?

2. Rob Johnson...good ole RoboSack. I know Flutie has his haters but this SC loser was utterly useless. Bandana Bob....

3. Chris " lunchpail" Kelsay....like Gunner said, it was like the organization didn't care anymore running this AJE clone out there every year.  Yay...5 sacks a year!

4.  Last but not least Tremaine Edmunds.  The greatest coverage lb in the history of the Bills who could stay within 10 yards of Travis Kelce. You could count on 1 hand how many big plays he made in his Bills career. At least he's still raw at 22.

....honorable mentioned goes to all the loser coaches of the drought.

I don't even think Kelsay is comparable with AJE. AJ's sack production the last two years is fine for a guy who doesn't start and is a situational player. I am sceptical that he will be able to translate that rate as (or if?) his snaps increase, but let's see. Kelsay was a starting defensive end who barely missed a game for eight seasons in an era when teams rotated their defensive line less and averaged fewer than 4 sacks a year through those eight years. And he got two contract extensions. Baffling.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

On 6/14/2024 at 9:16 AM, The Jokeman said:

1. Doug Flutie, he divided the locker room and fanbase like no other.

2. Doug Marrone, he pretty much made EJ Manuel a wasted pick by not starting him and then left town and left us to deal with it.

3, Mike Williams I wanted Bryant McKinnie as had big time doubts Mike could shift to LT, he was so bad he couldn't even start at RG.

4. Ralph Wilson, people may praise him for keeping the team in Buffalo but he was a horrible owner IMO. 

Damn, you got some pretty negative reactions there lol. It's strangely amazing how revered Flutie is by a good portion of this fan base.

I will say this though. Whether you're a fan of his or not (and I'm not for the reason you mentioned but also the fact he was a decidedly mediocre quarterback), the initial excitement around the team that he generated back in 1998 was instrumental in helping the Bills stay in Buffalo. There was a lot of uncertainty with the lease ending and beginning the season with an 0-3 record.

• Like (+1) 3

Am I the only who finds it funny when people hit the disagree emoticon when the topic is asking who are the 4 people you as an individual disliked the most?  Like how can you disagree that those are the 4 people that person likes least?  Do you think they are lying about their personal choices?  LOL

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Vontae Davis is getting a lot more flak than I'd anticipated.

He held himself to a certain standard. Once he realized his body could no longer perform close to that standard, he retired. He felt he was harming the team by playing, because some other player could have done a better job in his place. Was his abrupt retirement an emotional decision? Yeah, probably. Could he have handled this better than he did? Yeah, he could have. But I don't know that any of this makes him a bad guy, or someone I'd want to hate.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, stuvian said:

Mario Williams was 2x pro bowl, first and second team All Pro and averaged double digit sacks over his time here

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ll only count their career years both in and off the field.  Murdering one’s wife after retirement won’t be considered part of a Bills career.  If Rae Carrith had been a Bill he’d qualify.

Ken Jones - Way too much holding

Ronnie Harmon - Catch that for Pete’s sake

Perry Tuttle - Yeesh

Doug Flutie- An average QB with the rest of that team might have gone places.  Instead we got the self promoting locker room dividing little squirt who is still crying today.  

• Like (+1) 1

I can’t hate on players who try hard but just aren’t talented or got hurt. The one thing you can control is effort so I only truly dislike “lazy” players.

Some players in no particular order come to mind.

1- Marcel Dareus- Tremendous physical athlete who came in as a good starter his first two seasons then he balled out completely in 2013 and especially in 2014. Once he got paid after 2014 he declined a lot and that was by all accounts very unmotivated and lazy.

2- Mike Williams - Kind of similar to Dareus but he never got that motivation to get a big contract. A very high draft pick that was just burnt on a player who didn’t play hard.

3- JP Losman - Lots of potential but there was a lot of issues with him seemingly lacking motivation and work ethic at times.

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Mario Williams was 2x pro bowl, first and second team All Pro and averaged double digit sacks over his time here

Indeed in that three year run: 2012-2014 he was third behind only JJ Watt and Justin Houston in total sacks. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I would kill to have a Mario Williams on the Bills today, he was an absolute force and probably one of the best big market FA acquisitions in Bills history 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Greg Bell

OJ

Mike Williams

EJ Manuel to represent all the mediocre QBs. 

Add Scott Norwood if you want to attract more tourists to your monument, but he doesn't deserve that, so I say 'don't'. 

On 6/14/2024 at 2:44 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

We have all seen and many have debated who would be the 4 faces of the Buffalo Bills in a Mt. Rushmore of the team. I want to take the conversation in the opposite direction.

If you were to make a Mt. Rushmore that featured your 4 least favorite all time members of the Bills franchise...who would they be and why? Was it their play on the field? Their personality rub you the wrong way? Bad experience meeting them in person? 

I'll add mine a little later as I don't want to influence the initial responses. 

Chris Kelsey, Keith Ellison, Devin Singletary & Star Lotulei

Honorable mention is James Cook he's a product of our system if we had a real back they'll get 2000 yds easy. 

Coaches on this list Mcd, Dick Juaron & Chan Gailey 

21 hours ago, JP51 said:

Maybin

Mike Williams

JD "the ticket taker this way to the end zone... please watch your step" Williams

How can I forget Maybin that pick made me sick

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1. Willis McGahee - He didn't like the Applebee's in Buffalo

2. Anquan Boldin - Signed with us just to retire 2 weeks later

3. James Hardy - What a great 2 year career

4. Aaron Maybin - The less said, the better

Honorable Mentions:

- Percy "made of glass" Harvin

- Vontae "retire at halftime" Davis

- Kevin "injured himself slipping on a rubber mat" Kolb.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.