Who is on your All-Time Buffalo Bills Mt. SHUSHmore?

Willis McGahee- might've been the only guy who hated playing professional sports in Buffalo more than Jack Eichel

Chris Kelsay- Not only did he suck but I heard stories of him trying to play the "Don't you know who I am" card after getting into some trouble at the Big Tree.  It's laughable when players like that try playing the big-timer card

Donte Whitner- He wasn't the worst player ever but I couldn't stand his attitude and another example of a guy who way over valued who he was as an NFL talent.  From what I remember there was also some internet/Twitter beef with him and Bills fans back in the day.  Probably one of the first instances of that kinda thing which seems to be the norm nowadays.

Doug Marrone- He was just an idiot 

Not gonna lie determining my final four took a lot of time and thinking as there were plenty of eligible candidates.  Sidenote:  I think the people who are listing guys like Marv Levy and Darryl Talley are out of their mind 

-Rex. A hot air spewing wrecker of an up and coming defense, clueless on offense and check writer his results couldn’t cash. Lowlight was bringing in his brother to help “explain” his defense to the players. Stole so much $$ from the Pegulas. 

-Jauron. Mr. Hey, let’s punt from their 35, just because you know they won’t be expecting that…especially ‘cause it’s only 2nd down! I kid, but only partially it felt like. 

-Marrone. Jailbreak move to abandon ship despite coming the closest to breaking the drought (not counting Malarkey early on), and his resting grimace face was a daily treat indeed. 

-OJ. What a waste of a post-career arc. Just as it was getting good between the Hertz commercials and naked gun movies! A tragedy all around, may his victims RIP. 

• Like (+1) 3

1. OJ....he's the reason this LA kid started following the Bills. Was it a gift or a curse?

2. Rob Johnson...good ole RoboSack. I know Flutie has his haters but this SC loser was utterly useless. Bandana Bob....

3. Chris " lunchpail" Kelsay....like Gunner said, it was like the organization didn't care anymore running this AJE clone out there every year.  Yay...5 sacks a year!

4.  Last but not least Tremaine Edmunds.  The greatest coverage lb in the history of the Bills who could stay within 10 yards of Travis Kelce. You could count on 1 hand how many big plays he made in his Bills career. At least he's still raw at 22.

....honorable mentioned goes to all the loser coaches of the drought.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

That was a horrible drop on a beautiful pass. People forget that wasn't the last play though. Kelly threw an INT at the goal line on the next play.

Who forgets? Browns fans? No Bills fan has forgotten.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My surprise one would be John Butler.  He took a Super Bowl roster and led it to it's demise.  Add Tom Donahoe for that matter.  Players would be Nate Peterman, Aaron Maybin, and Vontae Davis.  Coaches would be all the coaches that quit on us as we got good, Lou Saban, Chuck Knox and Doug Marrone.

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Who is on your All-Time Buffalo Bills Mt. SHUSHmore?
5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Who forgets? Browns fans? No Bills fan has forgotten.

Consider the source!

21 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Lots of players, coaches, and GMs to choose from. But to date the biggest disappointment in Bills history is SuperBowl XXV. Thus my list...

1. Marv Levy - unpopular I'm sure but sorry he was outcoached in all four SuperBowls and cost us a Lombardi

2. Darryl Talley - multiple missed tackles in SuperBowl XXV 

3. Scott Norwood - people feel bad for this guy. Why? He missed a makable kick and cost us a Championship 

4. Peterman - ruined my birthday in LA. Worst player performance in NFL history 

In two years if the Bills have not won a SuperBowl then McDermott will be on this list for wasting the greatest QB in franchise history 

Fire everybody! 

23 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

1. Doug Flutie, he divided the locker room and fanbase like no other.

2. Doug Marrone, he pretty much made EJ Manuel a wasted pick by not starting him and then left town and left us to deal with it.

3, Mike Williams I wanted Bryant McKinnie as had big time doubts Mike could shift to LT, he was so bad he couldn't even start at RG.

4. Ralph Wilson, people may praise him for keeping the team in Buffalo but he was a horrible owner IMO. 

I agree with all of those except Flutie. He was one of the reasons the team didn’t move if I remember correctly. Feel free to correct me I’m not easily offended lol.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/14/2024 at 4:44 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

We have all seen and many have debated who would be the 4 faces of the Buffalo Bills in a Mt. Rushmore of the team. I want to take the conversation in the opposite direction.

If you were to make a Mt. Rushmore that featured your 4 least favorite all time members of the Bills franchise...who would they be and why? Was it their play on the field? Their personality rub you the wrong way? Bad experience meeting them in person? 

I'll add mine a little later as I don't want to influence the initial responses. 

Doug Flutie
Chris Kelsay

Chase Claypool

The Uniforms from 2002-2010

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Willis McGahee- might've been the only guy who hated playing professional sports in Buffalo more than Jack Eichel

Chris Kelsay- Not only did he suck but I heard stories of him trying to play the "Don't you know who I am" card after getting into some trouble at the Big Tree.  It's laughable when players like that try playing the big-timer card

Donte Whitner- He wasn't the worst player ever but I couldn't stand his attitude and another example of a guy who way over valued who he was as an NFL talent.  From what I remember there was also some internet/Twitter beef with him and Bills fans back in the day.  Probably one of the first instances of that kinda thing which seems to be the norm nowadays.

Doug Marrone- He was just an idiot 

Not gonna lie determining my final four took a lot of time and thinking as there were plenty of eligible candidates.  Sidenote:  I think the people who are listing guys like Marv Levy and Darryl Talley are out of their mind 

This is as good a list of despicables as any other. No redeeming qualities for any of them. There are also so many more good choices people posted.

My inclusion of Levy and Talley were specific to their failures in SuperBowl XXV. Along with No Goal and 13 seconds, XXV has shaped the narrative of Buffalo sports for over three decades now. Sorry the pain of XXV will not go away until Allen lifts a Lombardi

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1. OJ....he's the reason this LA kid started following the Bills. Was it a gift or a curse?

2. Rob Johnson...good ole RoboSack. I know Flutie has his haters but this SC loser was utterly useless. Bandana Bob....

3. Chris " lunchpail" Kelsay....like Gunner said, it was like the organization didn't care anymore running this AJE clone out there every year.  Yay...5 sacks a year!

4.  Last but not least Tremaine Edmunds.  The greatest coverage lb in the history of the Bills who could stay within 10 yards of Travis Kelce. You could count on 1 hand how many big plays he made in his Bills career. At least he's still raw at 22.

....honorable mentioned goes to all the loser coaches of the drought.

Lol...that would be a hand with only 3 fingers!

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Flutie - dick and he sucked. 

TuhROD - dick and he sucked

Sam Watkins - lazy dick

OJ - murderous dick

All those dick mentions and not an honorable nod to Jauron. Odd.😂

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Greggo Williams - what an arrogant doosh, almost made me hate loving the Bills

Coy Wire - this is kind of out of left field but I grew an intense hatred of Wire, not just because he was so awful week after week, but also  because there were so many fans at the time who inexplicably thought he was so great.  But he could jump out of a pool :w00t::w00t:

Billy Buffalo - Billy Buffalo must die

Train Horn - enough said (edi: "Shush!, literally")

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Keith Ellison - 4 year starter during the Dick Jauron Era. He's the antithesis of Matt Milano: couldn't tackle, couldn't cover and was a complete liability at the 2nd level. How DJ could go from coaching Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs to being content with Ellison, DiGiorgio and Crowell is just astounding; talk about a downgrade. Keith Ellison is the epitome of the drought: mediocre starter, backup/ST at best but given the job due to an utter lack of options. 

Rob Johnson - Had a single game for Jacksonville that made Ralph want to open the purse, and willingness to trade a first rounder for, which was the reason he started in the playoffs against Tennessee over Flutie. When thinking of the most futile Bills QB in franchise history, some will think of Cheeseburger Van Pelt, when really it's Rob "No Shoe" Johnson. 

St. Doug Marrone - The man was a narcissist. He thought he could revive the 90s Bills with Hackett as his OC. The little bit of success he had at Syracuse got to his head faster than an aneurism and somehow got Ralph hypnotized to his ridiculous grandiosoty. If he wasn't so self-centered and righteous, he could've been an OK coach because he wouldn't have propped up Hackjob Hackett and hired a competent OC, but as with narcissistic people, he couldn't resist the temptation. At least Dick Jauron tried. 

Ralph's Meddling - The man did too much when he shouldnt have, and too little when he should have. One could argue he began in the late 90s/early 2000s but it goes way back to the 60s. He drove out Lou Saban and Bill Polian, he traded away Cookie, he made bad personnel decisions throughout (save for a couple inadvertently lucky choices) and did a good job of emulating the Lions (of which he was a fan) during their post NFL Championship success Era of Futility. So many meddling decisions. If he were hands off, made better decisions without regard for money and maybe exerting little influence, I'm sure this team would've done more over time, and maybe wouldn't have had such bad droughts between short eras of success. He had OJ, he had the late 80s/early 90s team, and couldn't win even once. At least he had the 60s success. 

13 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Greg Bell, Mike Williams, C J Spiller, Bobby Moore

Greg Bell?  Agree with all the rest. I don't recall anything bad about Bell and he helped us get Bennett.

48 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Greggo Williams - what an arrogant doosh, almost made me hate loving the Bills

Coy Wire - this is kind of out of left field but I grew an intense hatred of Wire, not just because he was so awful week after week, but also  because there were so many fans at the time who inexplicably thought he was so great.  But he could jump out of a pool :w00t::w00t:

Billy Buffalo - Billy Buffalo must die

Train Horn - enough said

Great list!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.