Who is on your All-Time Buffalo Bills Mt. SHUSHmore?

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

1.  Kyle "3rd and puss" Orton.  Completely gutless.

2.  Doug Maroon.  Arrogant prick, and a gutless quitter, just like his QB.

3.  Willis "It was 4th down?" McGahee.  After resurrecting this punk's career by ridiculously making him a 1st round pick when he couldn't play that year, the Bills meet the Cheats at the Razor.  Early 3rd QTR, Bills up 17-7, 4th and 1 for the Bills at the Cheats 7.  The normally conservative Mauron eschews the FG and goes for it.  McGahee gets the call, puts in as much effort as a feather duster, no gain.  Bills lose 19-17.  Asked after the game about what happened on the 4th down play, McGahee's reply, "It was 4th down?". Complete clown, one of the worst draft picks in Bills history.

4.  Mike Mularkey - In a post-game presser near the end of his tenure, he said "It took the sails out of our wind".  I knew then that he was finished, 'cause when you start channeling Hank Bullough, you're through.  The first quitter in Bills coaching history.

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Lots of players, coaches, and GMs to choose from. But to date the biggest disappointment in Bills history is SuperBowl XXV. Thus my list...

1. Marv Levy - unpopuoar Im sure but sorry he was outcoached in all four SuperBowls and cost us a Lombardi

2. Darryl Talley - multiple missed tackles in SuperBowl XXV 

3. Scott Norwood - people feel bad for this guy. Why? He missed a makable kick and cost us a Championship 

4. Peterman - ruined my birthday in LA. Worst player performance in NFL history 

In two years if the Bills have not won a SuperBowl then McDermott will be on this list for wasting the greatest QB in franchise history 

Im with you bud. Im tired of Mcdermott. He's gotta go like yesterday. Not a championship caliber coach

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Donte Whitner - Because he was slected over Haloti Ngata for some ungodly reason.

Dick Jauron - Hated the hire and man did he live up to my expectation.  Bland and unimaginative as it gets.

Jordan Mills - Why?  Just why was he a starter on this team for as long as he was?  

Checkwards - Seemed like a good enough guy, but good lord - throw the damn ball!  Him getting replaced by Fitz in Jacksonville was a joyous day.  

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 2

Taiwan Jones - F that dude

Bobby April - His need for ST players hampered the depth on the roster for too long

Kelvin Benjamin - JA asked if he wanted to run routes and Benjamin said no. Should have told him to undress and go home

Rex Ryan - Dude killed a great defense and cashed checks with a very good roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sestak4ever said:

Ronnie Harmon short arming the playoff game winning touchdown pass from Jim Kelly with 9 seconds to go in the game!!!!

Man, I thought long and hard about this one too

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

Ronnie Harmon short arming the playoff game winning touchdown pass from Jim Kelly with 9 seconds to go in the game!!!!

That was a horrible drop on a beautiful pass. People forget that wasn't the last play though. Kelly threw an INT at the goal line on the next play.

might not be the worst ever list but these players provoke much anger

Nathan Peterman…just disgusting.

Aaron Maybin…wood was right, should have gave back all that money.

Chris Kelsay… the only thing I liked about him was making jokes about how much him and his lil lunch pail sucked. 

Scott Norwood/Tyler Bass…what’s the difference they both look the same with a helmet on..plus their kicks tend to pull to the right.

Mike Williams OT Texas.  4th pick in the 2002 Draft.   Had some off the field issues with his family (I believe) something about his grandmother.   Was a bust and we could of had Bryant McKinnie as he was drafted 3 picks later 

JP Losman.  Another first rounder who was supposed to be a great QB for us for years.   Also traded 2005 first round pick (20)  w Dallass to move back into the 1st and get him.    Could of drafted Aaron Rogers in 2005 since he went 24th in the 1st.  

Kelvin Benjamin.   Lazy WR who wasted space on the roster.  

Marcell Dareus.    Another wasted pick. 3rd pick in the 1st round when JJ Watt was available and went at 11.  

Honorable Mention.   Sammy Watkins. 

Edited by Toomstone.Part.Duex
added
  • Like (+1) 1

Not necessarily in order.....

1) Marcus Spriggs - Guard

He was just so bad that he was dangerous. I'm surprised nobody was killed. Not only that, after his QB got hit late and was laying on the turf bleeding, he just walked away. Yeah, I'm going to say he is first on my list after all.

2) Jerry Ostroski - Guard

Jerry was a strong player. The problem was that it took him what seemed like a week to get out of his stance. By the time he straightened his back just a bit, defenders has already sped by him. He also got a big (for the time) contract and insisted on playing center. He was terrible. 

3) Donte Whitner - Safety

He makes the list not because he was a bad player. He was decent, but was also one of the most idiotic draft choices that I have ever seen. There were several VERY good players that the horrid combination of Levy/Jauron (and I do mean HORRID) passed on to take Lil' Donte (who by the way held out, and had some baby mama issues before arriving to camp). And yes, I know that it was not his fault that he was drafted at #8. I already blamed those responsible.

4) Leodis McKelvin

Another inexplicably stupid draft choice for which the player was not to blame. The right side of the Bills OL was Erik Pears at RG and Seantrel Henderson at RT. The Bills took Leodis at #11. Ryan Clady went at #12 and Branden Albert was taken at #15. I used to allow myself to get very angry on draft day to the point where a few posters would call me on the phone to hear my string of obscenities. I can remember watching Leodis make stupid mistakes and losing my temper. Thankfully I gained much self control. :) 

• Like (+1) 2

Stefon Diggs- seriously, ***** him and the drama. Poor guy had it so bad here. Good riddance and thanks for hanging onto the ball against the Chiefs.

OJ Simpson- for all reasons previously stated.

Marv Levy- thanks for controlling your team the week leading up to the Super Bowls. Greatly appreciated.

Lou Saban- thanks for quitting on the team twice when you saw the talent level of the teams drop due to a lot of your own player personnel decisions. 

Edited by Beast
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

The GM/Management spot: Buddy Nix. He sounded dumb and well past his prime in his first media events. His decisions lived up to those impressions.

The Old Days spot: Gary Marangi. For a long time he held the record for Worst Starting QB (minimum 4 starts) Ever. 0-7 record, 30.8 QB rating.

The New School spot: Nathan Peterman, who arguably managed to surpass Marangi as Worst Starting QB Ever. 32.5 QB rating as a Bill. Then got one Game 17 start with the Bears to vault him well past Marangi on the career loserboard.

(what are the chances that one franchise - the Bills - would have the 2 worst ever NFL QBs?)

The Coaching spot: a close one. Oh, the names: Kay Stephenson (10-26). Hank Bullough (4-17). Chan Gailey (16-32). And the special Ruined a Team that Appeared Ready to Make the Playoffs Rex Ryan Award that goes to none other than ... Rex Ryan. But when I look back there's really one name that stands out. He was the coach when I first started paying attention to football as a kid. Harvey Johnson. 1-10-1 in 1968 (I don't remember that one), inexplicably brought back as HC in 1971 (that's the one I remember) when he led the Bills to a 1-13 record. (Why on earth did that season make me a lifelong Bills fan?) His wiki page includes this bit of trivia: "It was speculated that Johnson's love of thoroughbred horse racing, a passion he shared with owner Ralph Wilson, allowed him to stay on the Bills payroll despite his poor performance in coaching." Yeah, that must explain it.

Not sure any other franchises can match Nix-Marangi-Peterman-Johnson.

For those who think that drought was bad, the mid 80's were even worse. They were not tanking, they just sucked. I'll never forget sitting in a 3/4 empty Rich Stadium, watching the Bills lose to the Vikings 27-20 in what ended up being Kay Stevenson's last game as HC. We got the tickets because someone gave them to us for free. And I just checked Weather Underground. It was 71 degrees and sunny at 1:00 for the kickoff. The team was so bad that no one in Buffalo cared. So...

1. Kay Stephenson
  2. Hank Bullough
  3. Vince Ferragamo
  4.  Fred Smerlas (F him and his Boston-loving a$$.)
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

We have all seen and many have debated who would be the 4 faces of the Buffalo Bills in a Mt. Rushmore of the team. I want to take the conversation in the opposite direction.

If you were to make a Mt. Rushmore that featured your 4 least favorite all time members of the Bills franchise...who would they be and why? Was it their play on the field? Their personality rub you the wrong way? Bad experience meeting them in person? 

I'll add mine a little later as I don't want to influence the initial responses. 

Mike Williams

Vontae Davis

Aaron Maybin

Perry Tuttle

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

We have all seen and many have debated who would be the 4 faces of the Buffalo Bills in a Mt. Rushmore of the team. I want to take the conversation in the opposite direction.

If you were to make a Mt. Rushmore that featured your 4 least favorite all time members of the Bills franchise...who would they be and why? Was it their play on the field? Their personality rub you the wrong way? Bad experience meeting them in person? 

I'll add mine a little later as I don't want to influence the initial responses. 

Now for coaches/administration:

Jeff Litman

John Rauch

Gregg Williams

Hank Bullough

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, AZSanta said:

Im with you bud. Im tired of Mcdermott. He's gotta go like yesterday. Not a championship caliber coach

Sounds like you're saying McDermott is a high motor coach? 

He's getting close, attitude, effort, want to, but end of the day...Can he get it done? 

Bills fans need someone to get it done!

If not, what's the barber say?????

NEXT! 😀

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

1.  Kyle "3rd and puss" Orton.  Completely gutless.

2.  Doug Maroon.  Arrogant prick, and a gutless quitter, just like his QB.

3.  Willis "It was 4th down?" McGahee.  After resurrecting this punk's career by ridiculously making him a 1st round pick when he couldn't play that year, the Bills meet the Cheats at the Razor.  Early 3rd QTR, Bills up 17-7, 4th and 1 for the Bills at the Cheats 7.  The normally conservative Mauron eschews the FG and goes for it.  McGahee gets the call, puts in as much effort as a feather duster, no gain.  Bills lose 19-17.  Asked after the game about what happened on the 4th down play, McGahee's reply, "It was 4th down?". Complete clown, one of the worst draft picks in Bills history.

4.  Mike Mularkey - In a post-game presser near the end of his tenure, he said "It took the sails out of our wind".  I knew then that he was finished, 'cause when you start channeling Hank Bullough, you're through.  The first quitter in Bills coaching history.

I believe #1 is formally known as the "kitty slide".

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, AZSanta said:

Levy and Talley biggest dislikes. That is sick man....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.