Who is on your All-Time Buffalo Bills Mt. SHUSHmore?

We have all seen and many have debated who would be the 4 faces of the Buffalo Bills in a Mt. Rushmore of the team. I want to take the conversation in the opposite direction.

If you were to make a Mt. Rushmore that featured your 4 least favorite all time members of the Bills franchise...who would they be and why? Was it their play on the field? Their personality rub you the wrong way? Bad experience meeting them in person? 

I'll add mine a little later as I don't want to influence the initial responses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have to think much more on this beyond the one that pops out instantly: OJ Simpson.

I appreciate all of this football talent, I appreciate that he was one of the best players of the game and played for the Bills. However, now that he has past and his final judgements can be delivered his life here is done and we can move on from him and whatever it is he may or have not done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Hmm. Least favoured..... 

#1 Rex Ryan - hated him before he arrived, hated the hire, gave him the benefit of the doubt but he proved me right.

#2 Richie Incognito - heard him interviewed in his first spell here and thought he came across as a jerk. Then there was the whole bullying incident at Miami and even when he returned he wasn't my type of person. I know he had his own challenges and I genuinely wish him well but just the type of person I'd avoid in real life. 

#3 Percy Harvin - less of a personality thing there just more I thought he was hideously overrated long before the Bills signed him. His career was overpromise and underdeliver. Found him hard to root for. 

#4 Chris Kelsay - not for him, but for what he represented in my first decade following the Bills. A defensive end who started 120 games for us over a 9 year career here and topped out at 5.5 sacks yet was re-signed twice. He was emblematic of a team that simply wasn't even trying to win. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1.  Kyle "3rd and puss" Orton.  Completely gutless.

2.  Doug Maroon.  Arrogant prick, and a gutless quitter, just like his QB.

3.  Willis "It was 4th down?" McGahee.  After resurrecting this punk's career by ridiculously making him a 1st round pick when he couldn't play that year, the Bills meet the Cheats at the Razor.  Early 3rd QTR, Bills up 17-7, 4th and 1 for the Bills at the Cheats 7.  The normally conservative Mauron eschews the FG and goes for it.  McGahee gets the call, puts in as much effort as a feather duster, no gain.  Bills lose 19-17.  Asked after the game about what happened on the 4th down play, McGahee's reply, "It was 4th down?". Complete clown, one of the worst draft picks in Bills history.

4.  Mike Mularkey - In a post-game presser near the end of his tenure, he said "It took the sails out of our wind".  I knew then that he was finished, 'cause when you start channeling Hank Bullough, you're through.  The first quitter in Bills coaching history.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

1. Doug Flutie, he divided the locker room and fanbase like no other.

2. Doug Marrone, he pretty much made EJ Manuel a wasted pick by not starting him and then left town and left us to deal with it.

3, Mike Williams I wanted Bryant McKinnie as had big time doubts Mike could shift to LT, he was so bad he couldn't even start at RG.

4. Ralph Wilson, people may praise him for keeping the team in Buffalo but he was a horrible owner IMO. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I assume four picks like The Mountain itself:

1. Dick Jerkron

Though misguided, I had false hope for all the other coaches during the drought. I had none for Dick. I remember Levy being foisted upon us as a desperate attempt by Wilson for relevancy. Levy talking about him being a Yale guy and how smart he was🤮🤮🤮. The coach who made me cancel the NFL Ticket before he even played a game. Money well saved.

2. Flutie

Hated him then, hate him now. I use to call chucking the ball into the dirt in front of the receiver a Feragamo…. Flutie supplanted Vince with that noodle of an arm. That stupid jump throw or fake jump throw. That smugness that belied a team carried by Phillips/Cottell defenses. 
3. Sammy Watkins

I was teaching a class that night and told my wife to call me if we jumped up to pick someone. I would have been home in time for the original draft spot. I wanted an LT. Don’t even remember who but I did NOT want to trade two firsts for a WR.

There is a picture of me taking the call….. infamy.

4. Mark Kelso

A trend setter. Wearing the poofy helmet shell Decades before it came into vogue. You knew he was going to allow the pass, miss the tackle or get steamrolled.

• Like (+1) 1

Billy Joe Hobert

Xavier Rhodes meant Vontae Davis

Troy Vincent

Derrick Dockery changing to Kelvin Benjamin who never tried.

Dockery signed a contract offered to him - the best he could get. Shouldn't be an egregious fault.

Hobert didn't try

Davis gave up

Troy Vincent is douchemastersupreme.

Benjamin had every chance in the world to just give effort.  he was a bum

honorable mention is Watkins.

Edited by boyst
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Vontae Davis - Quitting at Halftime of a game

Walt Patulski - #1 overall pick, amounted to NOTHING. [Franco Harris was in that draft].

Reggie Bush - Heisman Trophy winner who had negative yards for a season.

Wrecks Ryan - Toe sucking? Team sucking?

• Like (+1) 1

1. Tremaine ‘only 19’ Edmunds. Physical freak but was always late. No way he made it to appointments on time.

2. Marcell Dareus. Definition of a bum. Put that captains hat away fatass. 

3. Trent ‘not a bills fan’ Edwards. Was not the same after he got knocked to another dimension in phoenix. Damn shame that he turned into an ass too.

4. Buddy ‘show me the baby’ nix. That was one helluva an ugly baby. This dude had no business being in a nfl front office. He was more concerned with sleeping than actually doing anything. He drafted ej manuel and then bailed, like who the ***** does that. I bet he was a terrible gift giver too. 

• Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, boyst said:

I have to think much more on this beyond the one that pops out instantly: OJ Simpson.

I appreciate all of this football talent, I appreciate that he was one of the best players of the game and played for the Bills. However, now that he has past and his final judgements can be delivered his life here is done and we can move on from him and whatever it is he may or have not done.

Here's the way I think about this topic. 

There's OJ Simpson. And then there's RB#32. Kind of like in an old Madden game when someone wouldn't grant their name and they just got that generic position/number name. 

OJ Simpson is on my Mt. SHUSHmore. RB#32 is on my Mt. Rushmore. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Dri Archer - Signed, but never showed up. Stupid fast. Also stupid, in general.

Admiral Marcell Darius - The admiral cap... The drag race... The synthetic weed... The memories 🙄

Vonte Davis - Half time is as good a time as any time to quit.

E.J. Manuel - Manuel is Automatically setting the franchise back a decade. No thanks...

• Like (+1) 1

It's a lot easier if you can include coaches.

Doug Marrone: he just loved himself. And you could tell the players hated him. He was this offensive line "guru", but the line and the entire offense sucked under him.

Rex Ryan: all the antics and bluster, but he wasn't willing to put in the work to produce a good team. He took a great defense and destroyed it, when that was supposed to be his area of expertise, and blamed everyone else for it.

Marcel Dareus: off the field incidents, lack of motivation, and wasted talent.

Kelvin Benjamin: he was fat and lacked motivation. You could tell he didn't put in the work in any way.

Honorable mentions: Aaron Maybin, Percy Harvin, Dick Jauron, Greg Williams, Anquan Boldin, Vontae Davis, Sammy Watkins.

• Like (+1) 4

Lots of players, coaches, and GMs to choose from. But to date the biggest disappointment in Bills history is SuperBowl XXV. Thus my list...

1. Marv Levy - unpopular I'm sure but sorry he was outcoached in all four SuperBowls and cost us a Lombardi

2. Darryl Talley - multiple missed tackles in SuperBowl XXV 

3. Scott Norwood - people feel bad for this guy. Why? He missed a makable kick and cost us a Championship 

4. Peterman - ruined my birthday in LA. Worst player performance in NFL history 

In two years if the Bills have not won a SuperBowl then McDermott will be on this list for wasting the greatest QB in franchise history 

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

1. Doug Flutie - the love affair people had for him because he was short, will never make sense to me

2.  Sammy Watkins -  single handedly has ruined this fanbases appetite for trading up (good and bad really)

3. Vontae Davis - have some damn respect for the team and quit on Monday

4. Kyle Orton - sliding on 4th down behind the stick...are you kidding me right now

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

We have all seen and many have debated who would be the 4 faces of the Buffalo Bills in a Mt. Rushmore of the team. I want to take the conversation in the opposite direction.

If you were to make a Mt. Rushmore that featured your 4 least favorite all time members of the Bills franchise...who would they be and why? Was it their play on the field? Their personality rub you the wrong way? Bad experience meeting them in person? 

I'll add mine a little later as I don't want to influence the initial responses. 

OJ - He killed on the field...and then off the field too

Kelvin Benjamin - What a fat POS this guy was..so fat and lazy he tried to become a TE rather than not be a fat POS

Trent Edwards - Can't respect playing like a coward

Ralph Wilson - Refusing to pay and have a GM, being cheap, and not taking this team seriously and putting us through 17 years of a tragic comedy was the worst.

Honorable Mention - Buddy Nix, the high-motor DE's, Zay Jones, Vontae Davis, Nathan Peterman, Nathanial Hackett, and Kyle Orton

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.