Bass struggling at minicamp (and now at training camp)

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.jpeg.e4593aed9c43153a925614adf907120f.jpeg
"WOMEN WEAKEN LEGS!"

Mickey knew...:doh:

First thing I thought of when I saw he got married

LOL... 

Edited by JP51
  • Like (+1) 1

I remember Bill Parcells saying I am either 100% for my kicker or 0% for my kicker.... Right now I am 100% for my kicker... but he is on a short leash from the get go if he is not shaking off his head case... 

On 6/18/2024 at 9:54 PM, NoSaint said:

I just don’t understand if it’s injury related how they didn’t put anyone on the practice squad at least. 

just wild to me that they stopped even attempting kicks that should be in the realm of basic expectation but did nothing to try to address it. 

it’s another of the simple but glaring red flags that I wish we could know the story behind. 

Is Mason Crosby available?  His leg is not great anymore.  But inside of 50 he is pretty clutch.  And he is used to kicking in the winter elements of Green Bay.  Just a thought.  

• 1 month later...
  • Einstein changed the title to Bass struggling at minicamp (and now at training camp)
On 6/14/2024 at 2:25 PM, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The Chargers with Philip Rivers were once in a playoff game with the Jets where the Chargers kicker Nate kaeding missed 3 kicks in that same playoff game.

The Chargers were hugely favored in that playoff game and lost because of the kicker.

It looks like Josh's career is following the same trajectory as Philip Rivers at this point.

I'm very sorry.

Because of our coach and kicker….funny how that works. 2.0

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

To be fair, it was a long kick. But it was wayyyy off target.

It was a 58 yard kick, I am not gonna hold it too much against him. But I do think the Bills should have another kicker in camp. It's possible Bass continues to implode and it would be nice to get a first hand look at another kicker in camp in case you cut Bass in season you have an option you are familiar with. 

• Agree 1

On 6/20/2024 at 10:25 AM, Paup 1995MVP said:

Is Mason Crosby available?  His leg is not great anymore.  But inside of 50 he is pretty clutch.  And he is used to kicking in the winter elements of Green Bay.  Just a thought.  

They better have a plan B real soon.

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Absolutely should have signed at least an UDFA to compete with Bass after last season. 

Could've had Joshua Karty (Stanford) in the 6th round but Rams grabbed him. He was almost 92%.  We extend guys prematurely then watch them implode.

Meanwhile we’ve got kickers hitting 59 yarders against us in the driving rain and 58 yarders to advance to the AFC Championship. Even if Bass isn’t “done,” I don’t think he ever gets close to the level of a Butker or Tucker and that’s what we need him to be.