Any update on Shakir? Is Shakir OK? Or did Brasky have the wrong guy?

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Well, Alex Brasky put himself as the author - he's been on one of his gigs (Batavia) since 2018.  6 years seems long enough to grasp English, starting as a native speaker......Dunno, maybe he used AI

Well I don't doubt English is his native tongue 

He just might not know how to use the word diminutive lol or know what it means

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well I don't doubt English is his native tongue 

He just might not know how to use the word diminutive lol or know what it means

You may well be correct, but: memo to journalist, don't use words if you don't know what they mean, or how to use them in a sentence.

That's an egregious gaffe

:D

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

I suspect either 1) Grammarly suggested it to Braski, or 2) the AI that wrote the article wanted to flex on the inferior human scum that read SI.  It's the only way AI can get the anger out, at least until the war against the machines starts.

When the war against machines starts...I'm attacking toasters with all my might. Smug little machines.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, MRW said:

Don't you mean the war against the humans?

Depends on your point of view.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

When the war against machines starts...I'm attacking toasters with all my might. Smug little machines.

Wear gloves and stay away from bathtubs.

If it were major, they'd have said something by now and he wouldn't have been walking around on it the next day. It was worrisome when it was announced because there was very little info and I've seen multiple ACL tears where the guy limped to the sidelines, only to be done for the year.

But, yeah, no news at this point and him being on the side is extremely good news. If it were an ACL tear, something would have come out about it by the next day at the latest.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Watch out for the bread crumb shrapnel it will be able to hurl back at you…have you taken a look at the bottom inside of your toaster lately?? 🥴

On 6/12/2024 at 5:17 PM, Beck Water said:

https://www.thedailynewsonline.com/sports/shakir-leaves-practice-field-isabella-shines-at-bills-mandatory-minicamp-tuesday/article_2b62f326-2826-11ef-8c15-6b66e1afa2f0.html

Who Dat Brasky calling "diminutive"?  I mean he's not 6'4", but he's 6'0", same height as Diggs was.  If Shakir is "diminutive", what do you call Andy Isabella or KJ Hamler?

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-minicamp-khalil-shakir-lengthy-injury-list-rv3

pre season cuts

23 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If it were major, they'd have said something by now and he wouldn't have been walking around on it the next day. It was worrisome when it was announced because there was very little info and I've seen multiple ACL tears where the guy limped to the sidelines, only to be done for the year.

But, yeah, no news at this point and him being on the side is extremely good news. If it were an ACL tear, something would have come out about it by the next day at the latest.

Said he was on the sidelines wearing a leg sleeve so likely something minor that might take a week or two to heal up

My brother and 4 sons range from 6’2-6’6.

With that, I’ve experienced the Shakir syndrome comparative, though I’m not short.

What’s makes it worse is I’ve been living a lie. I claim to be 6’, I’m actually 5’11&3/4. I feel a bit cheated. 

…..and it doesn’t end there. 😳

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.