13 seconds rears its head, Gable Steveson!

ddaryl

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Yeah that’s a total lack of good judgment to say the least, I taught my sons when they were growing up to never engage in sexual relations with women who are drinking.

It’s never a good look, and I know most women that are having a good time drinking and want to hook up 99% of the time are willing participants, but it only takes one time to have your life ruined.

I went so far as to tell them to just leave any private party where women are clearly drunk.

Edited by julian
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah that's less than ideal though it was dropped for lack of evidence, for what that's worth, and he wasn't signed by the Chiefs so that's in his favor or maybe they didn't look into him.

Not lack of evidence. Loophole in MN law. It stated that a person could not be charged with rape or sexual assault if the victim was “willingly intoxicated” at the time of the incident. Law was changed two years later, in 2021. 

17 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Not lack of evidence. Loophole in MN law. It stated that a person could not be charged with rape or sexual assault if the victim was “willingly intoxicated” at the time of the incident. Law was changed two years later, in 2021. 

Technically what they said was they didn't have enough evidence and alcohol may have been involved so they wouldn't have been able to do anything anyway.

Yes it was an awful law that definitely allowed people to get away with some terrible stuff, but that's not every case, sometimes they actually didn't do anything. Is that the case here, no ***** clue, but that crappy law doesn't equal guilt.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Technically what they said was they didn't have enough evidence and alcohol may have been involved so they wouldn't have been able to do anything anyway.

Yes it was an awful law that definitely allowed people to get away with some terrible stuff, but that's not every case, sometimes they actually didn't do anything. Is that the case here, no ***** clue, but that crappy law doesn't equal guilt.

I agree with all of this. I have struggled to find many first hand details about the case, tbh.

4 hours ago, julian said:

It must be humbling for these massive, tough NFL players in the room when this dude walks in and they all know he could physically dominate them on the mat.

He seems like such a nice guy too, that must make it all the more amazing to his teammates.

‘Nobody as a tough as an elite wrestler.  I was very good, but not that good.  I moved to powerlifting in college.  I had enough of rolling around a mat with another sweaty body.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

‘Nobody as a tough as an elite wrestler.  I was very good, but not that good.  I moved to powerlifting in college.  I had enough of rolling around a mat with another sweaty body.

I was good in the 7th and 8th grade, then in my first high school tournament as a 9th grader my first opportunity had a 5 o’clock shadow and my wrestling career ended that year.

7 minutes ago, julian said:

I was good in the 7th and 8th grade, then in my first high school tournament as a 9th grader my first opportunity had a 5 o’clock shadow and my wrestling career ended that year.

I wrestled all through HS. I don’t believe in touting my resume, so let’s just say I was very good.  I was never pinned once and pinned almost everyone I wrestled for years.put them down, get them on the mat and make sure those shoulders are flushed to the ground.  Nothing better than that slap on the mat by the ref.

He on the other hand is other worldly.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I wrestled all through HS. I don’t believe in touting my resume, so let’s just say I was very good.  I was never pinned once and pinned almost everyone I wrestled for years.put them down, get them on the mat and make sure those shoulders are flushed to the ground.  Nothing better than that slap on the mat by the ref.

He on the other hand is other worldly.

Very cool, yeah it’s an amazing feeling defeating another man in 1vs1 in a physical sport. Some may call that toxic masculinity these days but IDGAF lol.

Yeah he’s a freak for sure.

It must be humbling for these massive, tough NFL players in the room when this dude walks in and they all know he could physically dominate them on the mat.

I had a friend who was a state champion wrestler in high school. I was bigger and stronger than him, and more athletic too. I tried wrestling him a couple of times, just for fun. I don't know anything about wrestling except the basics. I can tell you I was completely helpless against him no matter what I did. Even when he tried to teach me counters and defenses for things, it didn't matter. I felt like a toddler. It really opened my eyes. Nothing I did mattered. My strength didn't matter. It was super cool just to see the expertise of someone in their element.

Every other sport I could dominate him though.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Billl said:

“The Bills signing Steveson reeks of hypocrisy, more or less. Again, releasing Araiza at the time felt like the smartest thing to do from an organizational standpoint. They didn’t know what would come from the case but wanted to make a stand and statement that behavior of that kind wouldn’t be tolerated. All of that now goes out the window and rings hollow.”

A stand and a statement, lol. Not a naïve take at all. Bless his heart.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I had a friend who was a state champion wrestler in high school. I was bigger and stronger than him, and more athletic too. I tried wrestling him a couple of times, just for fun. I don't know anything about wrestling except the basics. I can tell you I was completely helpless against him no matter what I did. Even when he tried to teach me counters and defenses for things, it didn't matter. I felt like a toddler. It really opened my eyes. Nothing I did mattered. My strength didn't matter. It was super cool just to see the expertise of someone in their element.

Every other sport I could dominate him though.

Yeah it’s amazing how humbling it is to be helpless like that, it’s definitely much more than brute strength or athleticism, although if you combine those traits with the incredible techniques needed at the highest levels that’s when see world champions.

• Agree 1

He seems like such a nice guy too, that must make it all the more amazing to his teammates.

i met him at a disability event. you can tell he is naturally nice and kind. He said he can't wait to get involved in the buffalo community. he was all over the younger kids helping them throwing the football and kicking the football. definetely someone you want here

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There's no way this guy makes the 53 this season, having never played football.  No matter how strong, quick, athletic and able to use leverage he is, there's no chance he's ready to play NFL football in less than 4 months' time.  If he hooks on with the practice squad, however, and gets a full season of practices and another camp next year, there's a chance he could amount to something.  I see no harm in trying.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Jesus dude, angry much??

Yes. And rightfully. 

Do some research on what USA and gannet have done to local news reporting. How they've mass consumed all local print media and have monopolized it. They've fired tons of local staff to regionalize papers into national group think bird cage lining. They've destroyed one of the most important parts of rural America singularly.

Just now, boyst said:

Yes. And rightfully. 

Do some research on what USA and gannet have done to local news reporting. How they've mass consumed all local print media and have monopolized it. They've fired tons of local staff to regionalize papers into national group think bird cage lining. They've destroyed one of the most important parts of rural America singularly.

It's a valid point, but I think we all know that print media has been on a rapid, inexorable death march, for a variety of reasons. I was in a Best Buy recently (another remnant of the ancient brick and mortar model, and yes they still exist) and I literally oversaw a man berating the manager for not carrying CD's lol.

Things change, not always for the best but you can either get angry or roll with the punches. In almost all cases I choose the latter. There is nothing serious enough in life to deserve that level of vitriol imo.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.