What Type of Voter Are You? (WSJ quiz, based on NORC surveys)

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

A dying breed - the centrist. Nice to have at least one around these parts. 

I voted for Gary Johnson too. But I live in a safe blue state so it was more about making my own tiny little point that I didn’t like either major candidate. 

Horseshoe theory again. The two extremes are merging!

There's no way you're a centrist, because I'm a centrist! 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I voted for Gary Johnson too. But I live in a safe blue state so it was more about making my own tiny little point that I didn’t like either major candidate. 

3 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

I voted for Gary too.  I said no to Trump & Hilldawg.  Yearning for those simpler times again where presidential candidates were plentiful.  

Yeah, I voted Kasich in the primary and then Johnson in the general. Being in Illinois, it ultimately doesn't matter but I've since come to reject all third parties due to our first-past-the-post system. The only way to get out of this two-party mess is to replace the electoral system with one that makes other parties actually viable instead of spoiler effect astroturf operations by the major parties.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Me, I've always been smack dab in the middle, based on what I define the middle to be at the time.

I'm average height, average weight, my eyes are a washed out blue-gray, my hair color matches the color of my skin, I drive a tan 2017 Camry with tan seats and 110,000 miles on it, and my actual first name is Bud or Buddy.  I usually have to wait 15 or 20 minutes for cold cuts at the deli, even when I have number 19 and they are serving 24.  My wife says I'm the man of her dreams, but she struggles with insomnia and says it doesn't really bother her. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

(even voted for Gary Johnson for president - oops)

So did I.

Gary Johnson was right. He wanted to legalize marijuana and now about 1/2 the states have caught up to him and done so.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Do you care to explain?

On 5/27/2024 at 12:50 PM, LeviF said:

Libertarianism sounds fine to normal, prosocial people for a reason: because it only works in a society that is made up of 99% normal, prosocial people. Yes, if everyone was like you and the people you choose to spend time with, it would work fine. But libertarians (big L and, often, lowercase L) are unable to process the fact that we no longer live in such a society. As a result what you end up with is just leftism without any of the teeth required to make a society function. 

tl;dr large numbers of antisocials

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm average height, average weight, my eyes are a washed out blue-gray, my hair color matches the color of my skin, I drive a tan 2017 Camry with tan seats and 110,000 miles on it, and my actual first name is Bud or Buddy.  I usually have to wait 15 or 20 minutes for cold cuts at the deli, even when I have number 19 and they are serving 24.  My wife says I'm the man of her dreams, but she struggles with insomnia and says it doesn't really bother her. 

same here except don't have gray skin.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever