Honoring LGBTQ+ Americans (By Responding/Reacting, You Agree That Pride Month is Needed)

3 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Wait, you are a Canadian TFR?  I saw no hint of aboots or sneaky S usage...

Hmm, I know all aboot the first one, but what is the sneaky S?

(and I'm proud of being a Canuck spotter ... more than once out here in Colorado I've surprised a tourist by jumping straight to, "so what part of Canada are you from?")

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Hmm, I know all aboot the first one, but what is the sneaky S?

(and I'm proud of being a Canuck spotter ... more than once out here in Colorado I've surprised a tourist by jumping straight to, "so what part of Canada are you from?")

The sneaky S - the preference for the British & commonwealth countries to use an S instead of the Z in words like recognize or authorize.

Enjoy the Atlantic Time Zone while you're there!  You've traveled to the future.

Edited by ScotSHO
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScotSHO said:

The sneaky S - the preference for the British & commonwealth countries to use an S instead of the Z in words like recognize or authorize.

ahh, no wonder ... I thought it was something that my well-trained ear could detect

IMHO, no issue existed when the symbol was LGB, But when the alphabet grew, opposition grew. Over decades citizens had come to understand and accept gay. 

With the plus began the push back

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

IMHO, no issue existed when the symbol was LGB, But when the alphabet grew, opposition grew. Over decades citizens had come to understand and accept gay. 

With the plus began the push back

It's not Pride Month.

It's celebrating the "Angry Kid Mashing the Keyboard" month.

It's the only explanation as to why so many letters are celebrated with PRIDE like the LGBELSDFGRLKDFSOLKMCNVBZQPIRUO community. 

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

It's not Pride Month.

It's celebrating the "Angry Kid Mashing the Keyboard" month.

It's the only explanation as to why so many letters are celebrated with PRIDE like the LGBELSDFGRLKDFSOLKMCNVBZQPIRUO community. 

Not sure what your point is. I hope you do not think I am angry. 

My only thought was the LGB community had successfully joined mainstream culture, the plus gave reason for many to change their position leading up to today's Trans debate in children. That has dragged the LGB people into extremism position again. The LGB movement lost the chance to be mainstream which they fought for since the 60s to extend themselves into further conflicts, or there orgs were taken over by even more radical positions. In Toronto the Pride parade became a conflict with police and citizens when taken over by BLM. A parade of celebration, mutual respect and understanding became a conflict. not that BLM is not legit, but it harmed the LGB community, IMHO.

19 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Not sure what your point is. I hope you do not think I am angry. 

My only thought was the LGB community had successfully joined mainstream culture, the plus gave reason for many to change their position leading up to today's Trans debate in children. That has dragged the LGB people into extremism position again. The LGB movement lost the chance to be mainstream which they fought for since the 60s to extend themselves into further conflicts, or there orgs were taken over by even more radical positions. In Toronto the Pride parade became a conflict with police and citizens when taken over by BLM. A parade of celebration, mutual respect and understanding became a conflict. not that BLM is not legit, but it harmed the LGB community, IMHO.

I think you’re correct here.  I was reading the comments from Jillian Michaels (fitness trainer, businesswoman, reality tv personality) and her view on the state of California.  In a nutshell, too extreme for her. 

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2024/06/13/jillian-michaels-california-move-victimology/74088965007/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think you’re correct here.  I was reading the comments from Jillian Michaels (fitness trainer, businesswoman, reality tv personality) and her view on the state of California.  In a nutshell, too extreme for her. 

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2024/06/13/jillian-michaels-california-move-victimology/74088965007/

I expect Jillian will be rounded criticized by "the community" but isn't the ability to speak your mind openly and with honesty what its all about?  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I expect Jillian will be rounded criticized by "the community" but isn't the ability to speak your mind openly and with honesty what its all about?  

Of course! Mostly, when the messaging is on point.  

Another voice. 
https://www.newsweek.com/caitlyn-jenner-trans-community-oversaturated-1795397

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 6/13/2024 at 10:15 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Ooh, busted! 

That Sean Davis is right on top of the story. It appears that a local new photographer missed the actual painting and suggested that one of the crew should do a little reenactment.

Not just Fraud! Gay fraud!

Kind of like the fake "Trump gives a thumbs up to nonexistent fans" posts we've been seeing here ...

You mean fake like when he said good things about hannibal lector

I don't know for sure but I suspect since he has secret service detail people cant get close to him so they yell to him

from a distance...he waves...bullshitting  fake media spins ...idiots eat it up and repeat as often as possible...

RINSE REPEAT

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, phypon said:

If you talk to a gay man for any amount of time you’ll almost inevitably hear about the various older lovers he had when he was 13-17. He will look back on this with little self-awareness regarding his sexual maturation. 

Thread below, in which Chad tells people something they already know but refuse to state out loud or acknowledge. 

• Angry 1